Career jobbers

career jobbers

Muh, mind.

Can't have someone interesting win with an interesting powerset. That'd go against our motto: "rrrrgh i hit thing bad guy fall down"

>make character stupidly overpowered
>he has to constantly job for the story to stay interesting

>jobbers
mom come look I used the buzzword I fit in somewhere I'm not a tryhard like those other kids who say 'cuçk'

Cuckposters were probably in diapers when the "J'onn is a jobber meme" was created.

See, the thing is MM was never meant to be a powerhouse like this.

His whole shtick was that he had these unbelievable Martian powers but used them to just try and fit in on Earth. He just wanted a normal life among humans.

Something most writers don't get is that J'onn is a pacifist, basically a monk. I think Kelly was pretty much the only one to ever fully utilize that aspect of the character. Some episodes of JL:TAS got it, too. Morrison also went out of his way to make J'onn an advisory member of the JLA instead of a full-time member.

This guy jobs in his own fucking comic.

>Career jobbers

No other reply in the thread will be as *literally* accurate as this one

Any character who's powers are conditional, for instance need to charge up or have access to X thing, are intrinsically huge jobbers

wtf is a career jobber superhero

Character who routinely looses, usually to elevate the character that beat them. Pic related

They drop the act when they're in real danger, but "the act" isn't a case of "I'm only using 10% of my true power!" So much as it is them not fighting smart and using greater precision in their abilities

the Endbringers do hold back in scale to at least some degree, but it isn't that wide a gap. I doubt they were holding back during Gold Morning for instance, but we didn't see anything crazy like Leviathan dumping the entire ocean on Scion or anything like that.

So....Inconclusive?

Now I'll simply use my telepathy to disarm him an-
AaahaaaaaaaAAAAAaAAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAaAAAaaAAaaAaaAaAAAaaaaaaaAAAAA

Did any of the capes find out that all of the Endbringers were holding back for every fight?

No they did not. Some of them found out most didn't...maybe in the sequal it's become widespread info.

Is there gonna be a sequel?
Did wildbow give a more concrete date?

What if he just doesn't want to be a superhero at all and does not give a shit about Earth problems. But everyone expects him to be one because he is fucking powerful?

So he pretends to be defeated or have his mind attacked so he can go back to the watchtower and watch movies and get back to not giving a fuck.

Jobber of the decade

This would literally the '/thread' post. If pic related didn't die to bugs.

Worm 2 happens after twig ends...and twig is on it's last arc.

Interesting power set? He's just superman with telepathy and shape shifting powers and a weakness against fire instead of kryptonite

"Jobbing" is a term popularized by professional wrestling in which one person in a fight loses (often spectacularly) to make the winner look powerful. Generally, especially when used outside of wrestling fandom, people use it when a character has lost when they "should" have been strong enough to win the fight.

Career jobbers would be wrestlers that pretty much always lose to whoever the management is hyping up this season. A career jobber superhero would be a superhero that is powerful on paper, but in practice is routinely wrecked by whatever villain the writers want to hype up this year.

Thanks a lot dude, i just finished reading interlude 26 and i'll be probably carving for more when I finish everything.
Are pact and tiwg worth reading or should I wait for worm 2?
Also, dying suffocated by bugs, fucking disgusting.

lol you missed the entire point of Zuko

Hardly "jobbing". Black Adam is fucking hardcore.

His power set can be interesting if you weaken or remove most of his flying brick powers and focus on the telepathy and shapeshifting. The problem is that his more unique powers are better suited to solo stories than team settings, and he isn't popular enough to carry a comic by himself.

When he jobs because he doesn't want to harm someone or is trying to resolve it peacefully it's acceptable, but when writers have him actually fight and he still gets BTFO then you know they miss the point of the Silver Surfer

He's a villain, he's supposed to job.

i just want an ebook of worm to read on my kindle man