Back in our universe

>Back in our universe
PRE FLASHPOINT FAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT! EARTH 2 IS STILL CANON!

Other urls found in this thread:

dcmultiversehistorian.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/whats-the-deal-with-hawkman-and-hawkgirl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The JSA are going to be part of post-flashpoint earth-0 continuity now, they were just missing because of Manhattan

What's your point?

post the whole preview fag

Earth 2 is trash, why would you be happy it's canon

Is this from Darkdays?
Mr Terrific wasn't in earth-2 so this is earth-0, they're probably just on a different frequency.

Ok, this actually reads good
Mildly excited about this event

Op is a fag.

That's quite an entrance.

I miss the times when Batman was just a guy in a batsuit, instead of Iron Man II

Why would Earth-2 not be canon? The JSA returning to E0 wasn't going to suddenly erase E2. It just means we don't have to suffer an ongoing set on E2 anymore.

This is almost too meta. Was it an intentional jab? Who was the writer?

It's fucking Joker, isn't it, Snyder?

Abnett

How is shouting "Compensate!" to a computer telling you that you drove your robot suit into a place it cannot resist any help, Batman?

Thousands of times? Since ancient Egypt, in the 19th Dynasty? Unlikely, since that would give you about a year and a half each life. At the most. Even one hundred lives would be just about thirty years each.

Why are comic book writers so bad at basic maths?

Lotta Hawkman in this long-ass preview, will I need to read Death of Hawkman to stay in the loop or will my casual knowledge of him work?

Unlikely. The Joker doesn't exist anymore after his encounter with Dionysium. I have no doubt he will return, of course, but for now he seems sane...

>Not understanding Batman can intimidate even the limits of technology with that icy stare

Maybe he died a lot as an unborn baby or as a baby.

There is no reason to read Death of Hawkman regardless. It's literally nothing more than that. Despero kills Hawkman, and that smeared across six issues. Adam Strange is there for some reason. Oh, wait, no. That should be 'Adam Strange is there for no reason'.

No, the curse involves him dying AFTER meeting and falling in love with Shiera each time.

Please resist the temptation to make a Drawn Together-level joke.

I don't think they start from birth every time, there was that shit with Kendra

Nah.

What book's this from?

Haven't kept up with anything Earth 2 related since before Convergence

Preview pages from Dark Days, the prelude to Snyder's Metal event.

That's not really magic, though. I mean, there's magic involved in his deaths and resurrections, but there's nothing magical about the number of times it happens when you add years.

>Unlikely. The Joker doesn't exist anymore after his encounter with Dionysium. I have no doubt he will return, of course, but for now he seems sane...
wait. what?

Abnett wrote it and I can't imagine it wasn't a jab at earlier earth 2 writers

War of Jokes and Riddles next Batman man, ol paleface is coming back.

I thought War of Jokes and Riddles was set in the past?

Is it? I haven't been keeping up with previews and solicits, just reading the book.

Not sure at all but it seemed like it was set just a short time after Zero Year.

Think I remember that the villains in the covers had older costumes and stuff like that. But I could be completely wrong

I think you're right, I remember seeing classy Joker in some preview page posted here a while back.

Tom King said it takes place early in Batman's career during a panel at Fan Expo.

That's a mech he is piloting, not an armor.

I don't know what you see, but he is clearly wearing a batsuit.

Well when James Robinson started there was some pretty interesting world building the Trinity died save the world but then a new wave of "Wonders" started to rise.

I thought it was pretty neat to see this post alien invasion Earth left scared and traumatized looking to the sky to relearn how to hope.

But then Robinson left and the book turns grim and edge going from world building to world destroying quite literally.

There were some pages teased and The Casting's cover confirms Mistah J is still around.
>Unlikely. The Joker doesn't exist anymore after his encounter with Dionysium. I have no doubt he will return, of course, but for now he seems sane...
Issue 51, I think it was, showed that he was in the process of reverting.

Yeah Robinson's run had a lot of potential, which DC swiftly dumped in the trash the second he was gone

Abnett did the best he could with what he had to work with, which was unfortunately not much by the time he came on the book

Screen cap this, It's plastic man in the container

Taylor's run, while excessively decompressed(and I think it wasn't his choice) is still readable.
It has a number of nice elements and characters, its main faults being forgetting the Robinson main characters too long.
It would have been much better if it had been half as long, but, as I said, I suspect the choice wasn't in Taylor's hands.

Worlds\Future Ends is pure shit

>Taylor's run, while excessively decompressed is still readable.
>nice elements
>nice characters

Thanks for the laughs

Honestly it's more of an Adam Strange story but even then it's shit

Man, I remember being hype for Earth-2. It was legit interesting when Robinson was writing.

I guess in a way it was ultimately good since all of those early new 52 editorial clusterfucks with creators walking lead to DC restructuring and then to DCYou and Rebirth + HB/YA/DM/etc. But wasting the idea of the contemporary JSA will always sting. I like the throwback old guys but they don't have to only be that.

And, fuck, Robinson was being completely respectful of those stories.

Grundy even went back to the fucking moon!

It's not Earth 2, it's Earth 2 2, you idiot.

Hath-Set? They wouldn't name-drop him like that if he had no connection to this story

I'll fucking scream if it's actually plas, but the Tynion-Snyder-King-Seeley-Orlando five don't seem like the people to bring in plas, so it's probably martian manhunter.

This part makes me want to read something about Hawkman
Is there a run or arc that is basically considered the Magnus Opus of the character?
The only time I've read a comic with him was with the JSA, and he wasn't particularly interesting also Green Arrow calls him a fascist, and if mah nigga Ollie says someone is a fascist it must be true

Iirc they've said plastic man's coming back soon, and he's not been seen since his accident, and the fact that they're able to keep him locked up makes be believe it's plas and not MM

>its main faults being forgetting the Robinson main characters too long.
That's what I dislike the most about it, but I think its main fault is that it indulges in stuff like corrupted Superman (that coincidentally turned out to be a Bizzaro for no reason!) and all the world destruction but then it turns around and goes "all that stuff is actually bad :)"

You don't get to criticize the same shit you indulge in constantly and made your name on with Injustice, Tom Taylor you hack

>Is there a run or arc that is basically considered the Magnus Opus of the character?
Hawkworld?

Hawkworld (read the mini before the ongoing) and the Johns run are most praised

Hawkworld is best

Johns Hawkman was good too and is probably more relevant to metal

carter has a decent role in identity crisis, it gives some background on his feud with ollie

>recommending Identity Crisis
you are a bad friend

>it's ambush bug

well it's shit, but it is an important read for Hawkman, wouldn't call it an magnum opus though

dcmultiversehistorian.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/whats-the-deal-with-hawkman-and-hawkgirl/

Why would you assume Earth 2 wasn't canon?

When was it ever treated as not canon???

I suppose that's the unanimous idea, than
Thanks, will look into it

Thanks for the read

Don't even joke, man.