/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Revan Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Screaming Citadel #4 - (June 14)
Best of Star Wars Insider Vol.6: Heroes of the Light Side - (June 13)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBxe8hnfaSc
youtu.be/Ylm3ybys4C0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watto is he Sup Forums?

>Watching StarWarsHQ interview with the lead Developers
>"EES THAHH-ET JANGO'S VOYCE ACTOH FOR THE CLOHWNZ?"
>Developer says yes, and then starts to stutter trying to correct himself,
>"Yes!... Well, u-umm, actually, I don't know all the voice actors names but if you recognize who it actually is-"
>"OH YES, I RECOGNYZED HIM ROIT AWAY"
>Developer awkwardly forces a chuckle and says "Lucasfilm guided us with voice actors and we hope you like them..."

I don't think I have cringed this hard in years. Fuck, that was painful.

But DBB voices the clones.

gotta link?

Exactly. The retard suggests that Jango's actor was voicing them, and then claims that he recognized him right away.

The developer is just awkwardly trying to move past the question once he realized he fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBxe8hnfaSc

The sperging out happens at about 28:15. Developer answers the retard too quickly, and then it's all downhill from there.

Its even worse than you describe

I get second hand embarrassed easily is it really that bad?

I really hope we get Inquisitors for EAFront 2 at some point.

I really want to hover around the battlefield and kill Rebel scum with the super sticc lewd goddess

I watch cringe videos as a hobby (me and my buddy have comprised a playlist on youtube with like 400+ embarassing as fuck vids) and I found it really embarrassing, yeah.

Seeing the BF2 gameplay has reminded me of an old gripe I had: Naboo should have just been Alderaan. It would have given foreshadowing to, and made the viewer care about, the events of ANH

>no Cody hero
>ST focus

ea won't get a cent out of me

suppodedly on a stream one of the DICE developers said that they're not sure if they're going to do cross-era heroes or not, they just did it in the floor demo to showcase Rey

This is just something I heard secondhand, so take it with loads of salt, but ayy

Cody is obviously going to be a customization option for the Heavy class, duh

Agree about the ST focus, but I am not going to miss out on an otherwise stellar game in spite of it.

they'd lose so much money if they couldn't do cross-era, there's no chance in hell

wish I had this in better quality tbqhfam

They did indeed say that.

However, they are pretty adamant on having cross-era weapons because they want as much variety for multiplayer classes as possible. I can live with that I guess..

>want to play Boba
>can't on this map because some autist sperged out about MUH IMMERSION

What the ACTUAL fuck are you smoking?

I don't know how you could believe such utter bullshit. And the Devs have already talked about the pros and cons off cross-era, and the decision lies entirely on how they as multiplayer developers should handle it.

This is the first I've heard of this "cross-era is needed for more money" idea. Sounds like a Sup Forums-tier conspiracy

yeah I'm sure normies would really love it if they can't play as vader after a long day at work because someone pissed and moaned

We need these two in Battlefront

>wants to play Boba
First mistake there, Bobafag.

Fuck you, cross-era is awful. Nothing autistic about it, it goes against everything Dice have built for the game.

Dennis even talks in the interview about how half of them are adamantly against it because one of the primary focuses of their development is to make the game accurate as possible

Yeah, heard a lot of upset normies back in 2005 when it was 2 characters per map, and some characters were only available on like 1/12th of the maps.

MUH IMMERSION is important if DICE's self-proclaimed selling point for the game is "reliving the authentic Star Wars battles".

Maul fighting alongside SBDs on Naboo is an acceptable leeway. Rey, born some thirty years after the Clone Wars ended, isn't.

>because one of the primary focuses of their development is to make the game accurate as possible

>maul fighting yoda in every trailer

This.

Worst thing is nobody would have complained if things were era specific as usual.

Mention that they MIGHT have cross era, and fucktards come out the woodwork to insist how SHOULD be like this, and "normies will be upset" if they can't.

They could play as Kylo or Maul instead. Or just play an OT map.

Fucking hell. This is like complaining about not having jetpacks in Battlefield 1.

>They could play as Kylo or Maul instead

wat

>CGI Cinematic to reveal characters
>Two characters from the same Era
>obvious leeway because people playing as these characters are obviously going to clash eventually
>this means ANY CHARACTER FROM ANY ERA SHOULD FIGHT, ITS THE SAME LOL
Yeah, no, fuck off

>GAIS DICE WANTS TO BE ACCURATE TO THE ERA!!!111
>trailer is super smash bros
you gullible underage faggots just eat up everything you're told

There is no place in canon where Yoda could have fought TPM Maul. It's as unrealistic as Rey. Same era or not, it couldn't have happened.

Unless it did

The OP implied that the normies want to be able to play Vader on any map, be it Hoth or Starkiller or Geonosis.

But they can very well pick other, era-appropriate heroes with similar skillsets. Or, if they really want to play Vader so bad, just pick OT maps and play nothing but that.

>only play Dustbowl if you want to play Heavy

You do realize that it's a fucking awful decision to restrict gameplay for all just for the sake of some fat autistic cunts right?

Fucking when? Obi sliced him before Yoda could meet him. After that he wasn't TPM Maul any more

You do realize it's always been this way and it's what you get you fat autistic cunt.

Just put Maul on his TCW outfit (only $3,99) and that matchup is more believable than Greedo vs Jyn

its hardly a new concept shithead

all this comment did is make me want spider maul

At least they lived in the same era and fought in the same war.

Adding Rey and Luke to the mix is like throwing troops from the Iraq War into a WW2 game.

How is throwing Japanese troops in the middle of a European battle in a WW2 game better?

Why is it that all these new imperial/first order designs have to literally be just grey blocks?
I'm guessing this is meant to be the origins of eyes speeder but what the point of this and another trooper variant when bike scouts already exist?

Is that supposed to be Caedus next to Qui-gon?

>Classes are bad
Wew

The worst thing about this Battlefront 2 reveal is the influx of retarded Sup Forums posters

>Wahhh, why can't I play as Kylo against Clones that are rainbow colors and umppacking with Snipers and Miniguns!?!?!

I love the designs they did for RO, but this may get out of control
they want to sell more toys, dude

It is the same era. It's silly but nowhere near as bad.

because that's been the theme of the empire since the OT

HURRRRRRRRRR GREY BLOCKS DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR fuck you

>EES THAHH-ET JANGO'S VOYCE ACTOH FOR THE CLOHWNZ?

>Yes!... Well, u-umm, actually, I don't know all the voice actors names but if you recognize who it actually is-

>OH YES, I RECOGNYZED HIM ROIT AWAY

whatthe fuck

and this comment made me want him, too

freedom

BLOBBA
SLOBBA
MOBBA
JABBA

>Dooku and Yoda left out
booooo

>Galactic Civil War ends 1 year after Endor

Why is the art in the Marvel comics so awful? Why can't they hire someone who can actually draw as opposed to just doing shitty tracing?

So they confirmed that there will be planet-specific special spawns, and they confirmed Wookiee Warriors on Kashyyyk as one of them.

Pretty good news. It's likely that even though there are no Droideka's on the base maps, whatever PT/TCW DLC they release will probably have them.

You realize there's been like a dozen different comics with various artists since 2014, right?

Sometimes the art is stellar, and other times they just get Larocca to phone it in quickly to meet deadlines. Just the way comics go.

Because Marvel is cheap

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

I read that in his Francis voice even before you replied

Honestly I think the only time they've been awful is when Larroca is involved. Granted, they do keep hiring him too often.

Post cover art

Yeah, but I don't recall anything like this at Dark Horse.

It's from Vader Down. Yeah, the even ones are by Larroca, but the odd ones aren't, and while they the latter look much better than the former, they are both very obviously traced (or worse, just posterized photos, as evident from the backgrounds). Seriously they just used several of the same images of Ackbar for Karbin.

I kinda hope that the classes in BF2 have one or two permutations to them, or at least have a different weapon or two to choose from. like TKs being able to have an E-11, DLT-19 or T-21.

And give sidearms back as a separate weapon

All of that is already confirmed m8.

Every single class has at LEAST 4 weapons to choose from, and obviously more that can be unlocked down the line, or added via DLC.

The E3 gameplay alone shows each Class with two weapon options.

Sidearms are also confirmed as a second weapon from what I could see, Star Cards looked like they were exclusively for equipment and grenades

So weren't they supposed to reveal new heroes this weekend, or did "LOOK BOBA FETT!" count?

Boba and Han were those two other heroes, yeah.

Even though everyone knew they had a 0% chance of not being in the game, and they were almost unchanged ports from the last game, so there was literally nothing new to show.

Han even still does his ridiculous shoulder charge attack.

>So weren't they supposed to reveal new heroes this weekend

Beyond the ones we already knew were coming? Not to my knowledge.

Thank God. I was a bit triggered by footage of the first game with TKs with o ly a DL-44 or using rebel weapons like A-280s. Though makes sense for the rebels to use anything since they are well, rebels.

Nice to see them getting g their shit together. I skipped the first game, but this one make it look like a beta test anyway.

... Did they go back to ammo, or is it still overheating?

So what would everyone's ideal hero roster be for every era?

So is DICE actually okay with all the prequel stuff or are they just kind of doing it under duress?

I think a lot of them aren't personally enthused about it but have learned from the backlash against the first game that a lot of the stuff they excluded out of personal preference ended up being stuff people really wanted, so they probably see most of the changes (including an actual story mode) as good business decisions. There were a lot of attempts to fix some of the complaints in later DLC for the first game so they've clearly decided that it pays to listen.

I think they understand that making the game they wanted wasn't the best idea.

>"We listened to your complaints and took them to heart."
read: You won't shut up about it so we are forced to add PT to the game.

>I was a bit triggered by footage of the first game with TKs with o ly a DL-44 or using rebel weapons like A-280s.
Well the bad news is that cross-era, cross-faction weapons is already decided. It's the only reason there's so much weapon variety in the first place, so it's a necessary sacrifice.

>Nice to see them getting g their shit together. I skipped the first game, but this one make it look like a beta test anyway.
Absolutely. Almost wish I skipped the first game too, but I think it's safe to say that BF2 actually looks like a complete game with content worth the money this time.

>... Did they go back to ammo, or is it still overheating?
It's... Weird. From what I can tell it's still overheating, although they've tweaked how it works and there's two ways you can cool it down. I think one of those (the easier, but slower) method was a reload animation, but don't quote me on that because I am not 100% sure about it.

>So what would everyone's ideal hero roster be for every era?
Honestly, as long as Greivous and Ahsoka end up in the game, DLC or not, I'll be happy. Those are two defining characters for the PT era, which is the main reason I am buying the game.

why are any of you still buying ea's shitty games?
day one dlc and 'season passes'? give me a fucking break. not even going to pirate this mess

How many forces did the Rebel Alliance have, exactly?

In Rogue One, it seemed like they were throwing everything they had. It likely wasn't the entire fleet though, Akbar's ships and other groups must have been scattered throughout the galaxy.

In ANH, the Yavin rebels launched a few squadrons, but there still were both starfighters and pilots left at the base, but presumably not many of the former, as it is said they had more pilots than starfighters at that time. In the Leia comic, Ackbar's fleet arrives shortly after to help the Yavin rebels evacuate.

But later down the line, in Vader Down, they have Red, Yellow, Blue, Gray, Cyan and Amber squadrons - and that's just on one planet. Some if not all of those appear to be what used to be the Yavin group. But where the hell did the Alliance get so many starfighters suddenly, or if they always existed, but with other groups, where the hell were they all before?

We know they have multiple groups, and apparently the only time in canon so far that we see the full alliance gather is in ROTJ.

>he hasn't followed any news about BF2 whatsoever

>In Rogue One, it seemed like they were throwing everything they had. It likely wasn't the entire fleet though, Akbar's ships and other groups must have been scattered throughout the galaxy.
Apparently it was just the groups who were present at Yavin at the time. The attack on Scarif wasn't even an official operation, just a bunch of people like Raddus going "fuck the council's decision I'm going anyway, which of you bastards are coming with me?"

I'll tell you this; When asked about the lack of Clone Wars in the first game, they up and admitted that they just wanted to focus on the Original Trilogy. Disney didn't tell them to do it. Nor did EA. Or Lucasfilm. Dice themselves made the conscious decision to make only what they liked.

Then the fans hit back. By the time Dice had finished with the DLC for the last game, they had squeezed just about every OT location they could into the game, and it was still a hollow shell that hadn't pleased any self respecting Star Wars fan. By this point they realized that they were fools, they needed to give fans the full Star Wars experience, not an OT nostalgia simulator.

Dennis (the lead designer) seemed very awkward about talking about the PT era.

However it is also worth noting that BF2 is being co-produced by three companies, Dice only doing the ground combat in the Multiplayer. Criterion is doing all the flight vehicle stuff, and Motive is doing the single-player, and one of the lead writers has been very vocal and positive about the PT and heavily praised TCW.

So if you want my two cents; No, I do not believe Dice wanted to do Clone Wars. They made the conscious decision to not do it last time, and the fans bit them in the ass. I think they had to take a long and hard look at what fans actually liked about the Prequel Era, because they themselves had no clue. They fell for the "the fans don't like the PT" meme, so they likely never thought they would be in this situation back in 2015.

All the DLC is free. All of it.

If the game is good and fun and full of content, you can safely buy it knowing that any updates will be 100% free. No risk of being jew'd by expensive, mediocre DLC.

If the game ends up being a buggy disappointing mess, then don't buy it. No need to bring company politics into this. Judge a game case by case, not because EA fucked you in the past.

Yeah, there's a lot of steps in the right direction here. It could still end up being crap but I'm cautiously optimistic.

You could be like me and ignore some of the comics. Vader ones in particular bother me, where the rebels seem to have hordes of starfighters when they just threw everything they had at Scarif and then the tired scraps of that went to the death star.

Makes more sense for them to have had to essentially start over during the course of the next few months, but since they had a lot more support now, they were able to secure more of Dem X-Wings.

I'd say There's lots of ideas, but I have a decent one- let bounty Hunters like Cad bane, boss, ect be selectable by either faction in their era. I'm sure they'd work for the rebels if they paid the enough. Add in things like inquisitors and it definitely pads out the imperial side of heroes more to do this with.

Yes, but you'd think other groups would send some reinforcements, or at least volunteers like Raddus, to destroy the Death Star? Two squadrons against that thing while other battles could have about six is a bit weird.

For those of you worried that there's going to be cross-era heroes, know that Han did have specific voice lines about the droids in the gameplay demo.

I'm hoping its just foreshadowing for Sentinel Droids or KX Droids for the Empire.

I figured other groups thought it was a suicide mission and weren't willing to risk their forces for something that had a completely minuscule change of working.

>nothing in canon about rogue squadron
F

>what is The Empire Strikes Back

Imperials in OG Battlefront 2 have lines about fighting Aayla Secura
youtu.be/Ylm3ybys4C0

No the droideka thing cannot stand. We have to bitch and moan they have months to put it in for day one. Somebody start a fucking petition!

They were at Hoth, dude. Literally the first appearance of Rogue Squadron.

>boss
Who?

>who?
'S YER GIRLFRIEND?

shut up dengar

Does that make Aayla Secura the Lt. Neidermeyer of Star Wars?