Established that Aku watched Jack for fifty years and became upset that he didn't age

>Established that Aku watched Jack for fifty years and became upset that he didn't age
>Established that Jack lost his sword immediately after his last encounter with Aku
>There is literally no feasible way that Aku wouldn't know that Jack lost his sword

>Established that the Daughters of Aku are a cult cemented by the long term absence of Aku, their presumed deity
>birth a new generation of fighters to kill the Samurai, in the hopes of bringing their God back to grace the world again
>This later becomes retconned into Aku actually returning directly to them and creating the daughters himself, negating the entire purpose of the Daughters of Aku

>All of the Daughters of Aku are killed off three episodes in, save for the love interest, while the scatting robot gets revived to do absolutely nothing

>Aku knows how to awaken his own powers in the daughters at will, knows of their existence, decides not to spawn seven Aku beasts that would surely immediately kill Jack in his drunken, swordless depressive state

>Jack has always known that mediating would bring him to the spirit world and allow him to reclaim his sword, decides not to do this until the absolute last second

>Ghost Scotsman pledges to find Jack and make him the leader of a new army, instead doesn't do this ever

>Jack's entire Suicidal Redemption Arc was that there are countless innocents he's saved, and so much of an impact he's had on the future world, that it would be wrong to take his own life just because his own way home is destroyed
>Logically, the conclusion to the story would then be that the hero accepts his losses and makes peace with what he doesn't have
>Instead the love interest gains a time traveling power out of absolutely nowhere and teleports our hero directly into a hackneyed "bittersweet" ending

Wait a minute...something's wrong here...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvf_xozqbBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Samurai Jack was never good

How does it feel to be too dumb for a kids cartoon?

I had issues with Season 5, too, user, but some of this is explainable.

>>Established that the Daughters of Aku are a cult cemented by the long term absence of Aku, their presumed deity
>>birth a new generation of fighters to kill the Samurai, in the hopes of bringing their God back to grace the world again
>>This later becomes retconned into Aku actually returning directly to them and creating the daughters himself, negating the entire purpose of the Daughters of Aku

This for instance. Aku retreats to the Pit of Hate, seemingly for fifty years after he destroys the last time portal. They want him to come back and be a presence in the world again.

Speaking of the Suicidal Redemption Arc, I did find something weird about that upon rewatching.

>The Omen tells Jack that children have died because of him, prompting his feelings of guilt
>Ashi tells him the kids from Episode 5 are alive
>But Jack also caused the deaths of children in Episode 1 through inaction, which is never brought up

We don't know how much time passed between Aku visiting the cult and giving his 'sample' and them using it to give birth to the daughters. For all we know it could have been years or decades before the cult became desperate enough to have a member drink Aku's essence.

You could just rationalize it as

>Priestess immediately drinks it
>during the 20 or so years it takes for the kids to grow up, Aku disappears from the world
>the kids are raised to be his assassins instead of possibly deified or something

tl;dr but you're wrong in the very first arrow, so I assume you're a retard. Aku didn't watch Jack for fifty years. He got tired and stopped watching, but would have heard about it if Jack had died. Why would he keep watching after having destroyed all the time portals? The only reason he WAS watching was to prevent Jack from finding one. Also, he doesn't even watch Jack *all* the time in the original series. They show that he needs low-flying UFO-type crafts to look for him, in one episode. Off the top of my head, in the gangster episode, Aku has no idea that Jack penetrates his lair. Same goes for the Star Wars ripoff episode.

Stupid faggot.

>It's been FIFTY YEARS already!
>Once I eradicated the time portals, I thought I would just wait it out, and eventually over time he would just die!
>But he hasn't even aged! He just grew that stupid beard, it looks like he'll be here forever!

????

>First complaint
Aku stopped looking at Jack after he lost the sword waiting for him to pass out. When he didn't he became too depressed to even mention his name, not to say look a t him
>Second complaint
The High Priestess established in the first episode that Aku had already met them once and they were trying to make him show up again by killing Jack.
>Third complaint
Scaramouch is responsible for Jack and Ashi meeting Aku for the first time in decades and the resolution of the story
>Fourth complaint
He was surprised to find out that Ashi was his daughter and didn't even know that the High Priestess has drunk the sample he gave them
>Fifth complaint
Jack thought the sword was still in the pit and even if he knew to go back to get it he simply didn't feel like doing so. That's what depression does to you.
>Sixth complaint
It's a wide world. He and Jack have only encountered each other three times in their lives.
>Seventh complaint
With this one I agree to some extent despite liking the ending we got.

>But he hasn't even aged! He just grew that stupid beard, it looks like he'll be here forever!
Wait a second, how did Aku know Jack had a beard, yet somehow didn't know he didn't have his sword? Jack lost his sword before he let his beard grow out.

Aku isn't really observant. For once, Jack always carries the sword, that's a given, even if it's not true. But remember when Aku comfronted Jack for the first time in 50 years after being misled to believe he had no sword? It was right fucking there, but not until had Jack unseated it did Aku realize it was there.

and that's my point.

>20 or so years
more like 15

Aku wasn't specifically looking for the sword at the time. It's like how you can get in the habit of doing things and forgetting about it; you're so used to certain things that it doesn't even register mentally. So there was no reason to believe Jack wouldn't have it given that he always sees him with it.

>Aku stopped looking at Jack after he lost the sword waiting for him to pass out. When he didn't he became too depressed to even mention his name, not to say look a t him
This is never established, and again, he saw that he grew out a beard. There's no time where swordless Jack and bearded Jack don't overlap

>The High Priestess established in the first episode that Aku had already met them once and they were trying to make him show up again by killing Jack.

By "Grace us again with your presence", I would assume that Aku stopped showing himself and this cult realized that killing Jack would bring him back. It just doesn't add up that she'd be talking to the Aku statue when she's actually met him, and he himself already made passive criticism of it.

>Scaramouch is responsible for Jack and Ashi meeting Aku for the first time in decades and the resolution of the story

True, but Aku has the ability to look at what Jack is doing at any time. They could've easily had a quick scene where he took a peak and realized the situation and cut Scaramouche's return entirely. All he does is provide filler in an already limited series run.

>He was surprised to find out that Ashi was his daughter and didn't even know that the High Priestess has drunk the sample he gave them

He was pretty direct in his intentions, he decided he wanted children as opposed to phony imitations in the name of tribute

>Jack thought the sword was still in the pit and even if he knew to go back to get it he simply didn't feel like doing so. That's what depression does to you.

For fifty years he was without a sword, for fifty years he had the knowledge that a spirit world with contact to the gods existed, and that he could enter it anywhere he wanted to. You're telling me he didn't even try it once?

>It's a wide world. He and Jack have only encountered each other three times in their lives.

Celtic Magic lets him to whatever the hell he wants, and again, we never see him actually actively pursuing Jack like he said he would. There's no 'bigger army' being amassed, all the old characters come together at the end merely because they all knew where to go.

>This is never established, and again, he saw that he grew out a beard. There's no time where swordless Jack and bearded Jack don't overlap
If he ever saw him again he probably never spotted he was missing the sword. The same way he didn't realize he had it back until Jack unseated it right in front of him.
By "Grace us again with your presence", I would assume that Aku stopped showing himself and this cult realized that killing Jack would bring him back. It just doesn't add up that she'd be talking to the Aku statue when she's actually met him, and he himself already made passive criticism of it.
Cults don't make sense; Aku was not coming back and she was fucking mental. I think that was well established.
True, but Aku has the ability to look at what Jack is doing at any time. They could've easily had a quick scene where he took a peak and realized the situation and cut Scaramouche's return entirely. All he does is provide filler in an already limited series run.
That would have been kind of cheap. Also, Scaramouch was a fun character, nothing wrong with a bit of comedy here and there.
>He was pretty direct in his intentions, he decided he wanted children as opposed to phony imitations in the name of tribute
No, he just wanted them to have a bit of "the real deal" instead of just worshiping a statue. He left that there, and left. At no point does he ever indicate he wanted them to have his children; he didn't even know his daughters existed as we can tell from the conversation he had with himself wishing someone would kill him.
>For fifty years he was without a sword, for fifty years he had the knowledge that a spirit world with contact to the gods existed, and that he could enter it anywhere he wanted to. You're telling me he didn't even try it once?
No, he obviously did not. No way back to the past, nor reason to keep trying. He was at best moving around hoping someone would kill him.

I've been rewatching this video for a while now
youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

I'll never say that the show is bad, but just look at this video. Look at what we were to expect.

Remember this scene youtube.com/watch?v=Mvf_xozqbBw and tell me if it wasn't going to be a Dark, serious season? Instead it became a stupid romance that makes no sense.

The first three episodes, as we all have discussed, featured awesome action scenes, awesome villains, good soundtrack, character development to Jack. After that, the action scenes had a GROTESQUE drop in quality. THere was no scene worth mentioning, action-wise, instead for, maybe the Jack vs Dark Ashi fight, which wasn't even that good.

The show used to be about Jack, about him trying to find a way home. He was a serious man, he barely spoke, he cared for others. The beggining of the season looked like it was going to be about how the Samurai lost his way, how he became PUNISHED JACK.
It turned silly. IT's not that SJ can't have funny scenes, it always has, but the show just didn't take itself seriously. It was all based on a forced romance with a character that nobody liked.
The beggning of ep 2 was just brilliant, the contast between Aku and jack was amazing.

>THere's no way home, there's nothing to fight for
The only time we ever got to see Jack actually talking about how hopeless it all was was in EP 5, and it was quickly and barely interesting.

THere are 2 things, however, that I can say were pretty good about this season, and that's it:
>After 13 years, Genndy still knew how to make the show feel like the same show. It never looked like I was watching anything else. I even thought I was watching an old episode in the first scene in which Aku appears
>Aku was still the great villain he was in the first show. He was funny and threatening as he always was, it was a pretty good job that they did

ALso, no action scene envolving the fucking MAIN VILLAIN, what the fuck, Genndy?

Just curious, did you think that the bitter ending fit with the rest of the season(that got "silly" as you called it).
I ask because I agree that the first 3 episodes conveyed a very different tone, but I still liked the sillier stuff, and my main issue with the ending is I feel it was tonally inconsistent with the rest

No. I liked the bitter part of the ending. I just thought it was meaningless and stupid. Jack went back out of fucking nowhere bc a character got powers out of fucking nowhere. There was no conflict on going back, there was no development to the character. If Jack went back to the past on episode 2, season 1, it would have been the same fucking shit, as in he destroys aku quickly.
Basically, the entire show was pointless, the season was even more pointless and the action sucked.

I'm confused because I asked if it fit, not if you liked it

I didn't think it was the most fitting ending, but it was not misfit, in my view.