books
>sauron vs gil-galad, isildur, elendil, elrond and cirdan
>gets ring cut from finger after getting killed

film
>dude I'll just swing my sword and cut it from his out reaching hand lmao

>YO NIGGA DROP THAT SHIT IN THA FUCKIN FIRE AND LETS BOUNCE
>...shiiiieeettt........

bravo jackson

fuck you bitch, the nigga had like 2 minutes to fit all that shit in.

That Numenorean armor was cool.

Wait, the Shipwright was there too? I didn't know that.

>The book covered more than the movie

Nice analysis dickhead

LotR book:
>“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!”
>A cold voice answered: ‘Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.”
>A sword rang as it was drawn. “Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.”
>“Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!”
>Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.
>“But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.”

LotR movie:
>HURR DURR I AM NO MAN

Why is Jackson such a hack?

HOL UP

yup. id give anything to see saurons battle royale and the war of wrath on the big screen

nothing really topped that opening scene ever since what became the constantly degrading quality of the hackson flicks

Who cares? It's literally lifted from Macbeth anyway.

>The siege of Barad-dur lasted for a total of seven years. Many elves and men were killed in the siege as seemingly endless numbers of arrows, rocks, flaming missiles, and Orc sorties emerged from the tower. Fortunately, Anárion's army from Gondor managed to reinforce the Last Alliance. On the sixth year of the siege, SA 3440, Anárion was hit in the head by a stone and died. A year later, Gil-galad and Elendil duelled Sauron on the slopes of Mount Doom. Sauron, however, was much more powerful, and killed first Gil-galad with the heat of his hand, and then Elendil, as Elrond, Círdan, and Isildur helplessly watched. As Elendil fell, his great sword Narsil broke beneath him. But Sauron had been mortally wounded in the battle, and when Isildur cut the One Ring from Sauron's body his spirit fled.

This is a movie in itself

This. The films peaked with the fucking introduction.

tolkien just had a way with words...

are there any other authors/books that encapsulates that epic feeping

>During preliminary skirmishing of the Battle of Dagorlad, the Silvan Elves defying Gil-galad's command, rashly charged against the numerous host of Mordor, before the King had given the order. The Silvans were valiant and doughty, but ill-equipped compared to their nobler kin. Oropher perished in the first onslaught while Amdír and his troops were cut off and driven into the marshes where half of his host perished. This area became known afterwards as the Dead Marshes, because of the thousands of bodies buried there. This battle raged for months.

Silvan elves are so pathetic

this cant be real... why are the dark elves so shit

Second age is so comfy, i hope thats when the tv series is set

>writing dialogue for film and books is different

wow holy shit

Post more pls

>second age
niqqa all the epic shit happens in the first age... its like you dont even want to see ancalagon the black take flight and scare the ever living shit out of gods own host

This is the stupid shit your race does when it didn't even bother to travel to Aman and be blessed by the light of the Trees of Valinor

literal autism speak holy shit

imagine morgoth vs. ungoliant. lots of potential there, especially as a CGI shit-show

>being this wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

NOLDOOOOOOR
BLOOD IS ON YOUR HAAAAAANDS

Didn’t they do the same stupid shit in the first battle of Beleriand? Nandor are a fucking disgrace.

I'd take a cgi shitshow desu

Wait I thought Silvans were Teleri, i.e. they did go to Aman

No, silvans remained in middle earth and never went to valinor. Silvan elves are literally anglos to the noldor aryans

>being THIS wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0

Wow that's weird. How is Sam making a speech in Osgiliath? Frodo and he never went there

>After the destruction of Beleriand the Silvan Elves welcomed those survivors of the calamity who wouldn't cross the Sea to rejoin their kindred. Indeed soon many of the Silvan Elves came to be ruled by these Sindar refugees, primarily in Lothlórien and the Woodland Realm.

Was Tolkien trying to tell us something?

It's nothing anyone who isn't deluding his or herself doesn't know.

Just common knowledge.