Why doesnt this fucker have a solo? DC is really dropping the ball

Why doesnt this fucker have a solo? DC is really dropping the ball.

remember that time his wife fell in love with Batman and made out with him

Batman has Orion's patronage so really she was just making out with Orion. Batman is Orion's unknowing agent on Earth.

let's have a run that doesn't involve annoying kid gangs for once.

I will never not be mad Mr. Miracle is gonna be the star of that book instead of Orion.

I really liked him chilling with Wonder Woman. Two gods that do not behave like gods.

I remain frustrated that Venditti is doing another fucking Fourth World arc while Didio and Giffen aren't even finishing up their saga

>actually giving two fucks about the new Gods

Wew. I suppose you like the Legion too.

Thanks for posting the worst Orion.

I can't not hear him as Ron Pearlman. So I'm always shook by his more youthful appearance in comics.

After seeing Dan Stevens in a lot of stuff...he's my go-to Orion now.

>Why doesn't this fucker have a solo?
Did he ever

>remember that time his wife fell in love

She didnt fall in love, she fucked him, and Batman is Orion in the fifth world.

It's a great thing when the writer is subtle and understand the characters on a deep level... And not "this guy likes to know stuff andf this other guy is a detective and they like to know stuff too" or "this guy is called green lantern, and lanterns create light and this other guy is named lightray"

Oh come on, he hasn't had a real moment in the limelight since JLI, and they didn't even bring him back for the reunion specials.

>Fifth World

Dumbest idea

imagine the best orion with the best wonder woman

I'd rather just have Best Orion.

I like Scott but I need more Orion. Hopefully he shows up a decent amount in the book. Also from the preview pages it looks like King is just gonna shit on Orion.

Thats why point. Hes had like 1 mini but for such a deep and powerful character with a great back story he seems wasted in obscurity.

Bug! took the piss out on Orion too for some reason.

I hope King isn't going to shit on Orion, that incident can be explained away as being Barda's reaction, as normally...Orion is the kinda character that King could excel in.

if the Fifth World is DCU Earth what was the first 3 worlds? whats the 6th?

Mark Evanier says that not even Kirby knew what the "Fourth World" meant...other than that it sounded cool.

what a hack

It's not earth itself, it's just the archetypes of the superheroes. Kirby never cared about that but in DC the concept was:

1 world = who knows
2 world =primal gods : time, death
3 world = natural gods : water, light, bread
4 workd = conceptual gods: totalitarism, freedom
5 world = archetypical characters

Keep in mind this was back when the "godwave" was still a thing. We will never knbow what Morrison was going for. I believe that Gaiman and Morrison were on a good path, but with Johns it's not likely we will ever get more of that as he is more of a traditional scifi guy

I always sorta figured it to refer to the four comic series that made up the original saga.

It makes sense. Our world is the First World beyond the Source Wall. Then there was the 2nd World pre Apokolopis and New Genesis. Then Apokolips and New Genesis is the 3rd World, and the Earth is the 4th World.

Orion would be a sick fucking ongoing with him just exploring the cosmos liberating planets Flash Gordon style.

from what comic is this page?

Orion's series

thats bullshit.
the New Gods/4th World was originally going to be a Thor story where two races of Gods go to war and trigger Ragnarok, and then get reborn and do it all over again.

but then Kirby quit Marvel and went to DC and decided to do the story there instead.

Simonson's Orion

Yeah, that's where the concept of New Gods came from, sure.
And in The Pact it's stated that New Genesis descended from Baldur and Apokolips from an "evil sorceress".

but the sobriquet "Fourth World", Evanier claims was just something they put on there.

that is bullshit, thor was originally going to be about a cowboy that finds a magical hammer in the lat 1800's, fucking idiot

Thats very Lynchian of them. Create something then allow the fans to give it meaning.

because he's stupid

and he has a stupid ride

Youre gay

1st world: USA
2nd world: Mexico, China, etc.
3rd world: the others

Love this thread. It's like I've found my people.

His Perlman voice actually threw me off. I never read Orion that way.

fantastic page

is the series actually good?

>mexico
>NOT THIRD WORLD

Fuck off pedro.

Not my fault. Some people called it 2nd world but I don't know why. Something about the economy? Same with China. If it were up to me, all countries except for the U.S. would be 3rd world.

No one has ever said that.

By development its third world, by cold war alignment is third world.
By money? Third world.

China is a third world shithole two and by alignment in the cold war was a second world country

Shut up faggots take it back to Sup Forums. Gtfo my New Gods thread.

Given his Mother Box obscured true face it always struck me as quite appropriate that Pearlman voiced him. He has that Apokoliptian face going on himself.

There's nothing Sup Forums about those threads you ignorant imbecile.

Certainly nothing Sup Forums about them either you fucking mongoloid

Id also like to know this. That run is getting an omni soon.

First half is pretty damn great, basically a retread of Kirby's New Gods story with Orion dealing with something on Earth before finding out Darkseid's behind it and runs back to Apokolips to kick his ass. The second half of the run is pretty underwhelming unfortunately.

the Walt Omnibus is great but they put the "back ups" at the end of the book instead of putting them in the issue they originally appeared.

The ending is kinda rushed I guess because it was getting cancelled but its still awesome. I don't own any other omnibus but this one was a great pick up

Someone posted some ignorant statement and was corrected, Then you got triggered at the mention of "cold war" just shut up, if you believe history doesnt have a spece in this board you probably loved Johns take of the new gods

Yeah it's the only DC omni I own too, although the Deluxe Editions are pretty much the exact same format just smaller and I have a few of those.

>Go there fag. Sup Forums isnt your blog

Recommended reading for Orion?

Holy shit you are triggered.

>If it were up to me, all countries except for the U.S. would be 3rd world.

Do you understand that the USA's living conditions and standards of living are worse than a lot of Europe, Australia, and New Zealand?

Seconding this