Was the Men in Black animated series any decent?

Was the Men in Black animated series any decent?

I don't remember much about it, but I always thought the opening was really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=TwP4vSfjygY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY
youtu.be/jRVRYb98brQ
youtu.be/dyQpEoMFF3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it was pretty awesome, but then again I am looking at this series through nostalgia goggles.

I remember really liking it, and actually being disappointed when I watched the live-action movies.

Yes
It was good

It did lose animation quality when they changed studios though

The intro has to be in the top five of all time best cartoon intros.

I tried to watch it with my nephew but he wasn't interested, also the background quality is non existent. There are moments you just see lines and basic shapes as background.

MiB: The Series
Godzilla: The Series
Big Guy and Rusty
Spider-man (90s)
Batman: TAS

>Spider-man (90s)
>good intro
Choose 1.

I don't know why this one part of the intro is so freaking awesome. The part where they turn for their mugshots to the rhythm of the snare, and then on the very last beat the one alien strikes that pose. I love it.

>not liking SPIDER BLOOD SPIDER BLOOD RADIOACTIVE SPIDER BLOOD

No, the best part is the Hummer bumper sized shoulders walking bit

This is one of the few shows which I was completely nuts about as a kid, that still stood up after a rewatch. They had some great plot going on, and the style and the aliens all have a little bit of the body horror going on, constantly. It's weird how it wasn't censored.

Also, is it by the same creators as Godzilla and Big Guy and Rusty?

The first few seasons were great; I remember liking all of it actually, but there was definitely a change in art direction toward the end of the run.

I remember liking it a lot as a kid. Cool weapons, gadgets, and villains.

Also, L has one of the most attractive voices ever.

Same studio for a while I think
I don't know about actual creators
They do seem similar that I could buy it if they were.
All there were pretty fucking great

>Also, L has one of the most attractive voices ever.
Kes from Star Trek Voyager

this right here
Big Guy and Rusty this nigga has taste.
"Watch the Skies coming at you"

A HERO
OF METAL HUE

She should do more voice acting.

Don't mean it as a slight against her looks or acting chops, her voice is just phenomenal.

I don't think she'll be in a position to be doing that for a little while....

A few years ago I just realised how propaganda-like the intro was. Still very catchy and jaw-dropping.

>FOR THE RED, AND WHITE AND BLUE!

That's the joke.jpg

Yeah, I remember loving it as a kid, realising how propaganda it was as a teen, and now, in my twenties, just realising how tongue-in-cheek the whole 40's - 50's Jolly Good America attitude it was.

>he doesn't know

The show itself isn't propaganda.
The intro is, but it's for the fake America in the show.

If anything with the rampant lying to the public, it's pretty anti-government.

Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't mean it was.

The intro - tongue in cheek.

The show - a rather mature take on giant mechs vs. giant monsters and AI. I don't remember the ending though. Was it cancelled or did it have some semblance of a proper finale?

A last minute cliffhanger, that didn't need to be there

of, is there any place that actually has big guy, godzilla or mib for streaming? this thread made me nostalgic about most of these shows but my go-to sites dont have any of them

YouTube had a bunch of them
Not sure about now though

>Big Guy and Rusty
youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY

loved watching this as a kid.

Fuck you guys, I thought she was dead or something.

Worse, IMO

Best Cartoon Openings right here.
Gargoyles youtu.be/jRVRYb98brQ
Hulk youtu.be/dyQpEoMFF3w

The show was pretty decent and a better sequel to the first film than the movies. Fuck both of those.

Her voice actress went crazy and became ab alcoholic in real life and got busted exposing herself in front of a kid.

One of my favorite parts of the show is that it took the Real Ghostbusters route of making the movie we saw an in-universe adaptation. So there's a terrible sequel to Men In Black because the worms blabbed to some Hollywood producer. K tells J that they're gonna have to neuralyze the whole town and that this wasn't the first time this happened. And J suddenly realizes that the frequent memory erasing by MiB agents is why Hollywood keeps remaking the same films.

I assumed Peter Chung worked on this ...turns out not to be case.
From what I remember the show was pretty good and had some great Alien designs.

And not exposing herself in a way you'd think. "A neighbor of Lien’s made a complaint to police after Lien began a tirade due to a crying child, and during her tirade, exposed her breasts and buttocks. The neighbor stated that she had three children in the yard while this was happening."

Though I guess flashing kids when you look like that would be a good way to scare 'em off.

>they dumped that actress instead of letting her hang out and get friendly with Seven, letting us enjoy both blondes at the same time

Kes and Seven would have had a good dynamic
What with both being so you and naive

it's really shitty too because they were supposed to dump Garrett Wang from Voyager instead of her but he got some "sexiest man" award so they cut her when they added Seven of Nine.

then Wang got too big for his britches and was kept as an ensign for the whole show as punishment, and Lien fell into that terrible downward spiral. a real shame, Kes was a top tier waifu

Weren't they going to dump her anyways because they weren't getting the sex appeal ratings?
Seven looks so much of a replacement for the sex appeal character
You can't have TWO of them

she was added for sex appeal, but they were going to get rid of Wang because Ensign Kim had nothing going as a character. then he won that magazine award, or whatever it was, and assumed he had sex appeal so they got rid of the next person on the chopping block, Kes. which was a shame since she was super qt with her hair long. no reason to put her in a skin tight bodysuit though so out she went.

of course we see in retrospect how wrong they were about Wang, but at the time it was enough to keep him over Lien

>which was a shame since she was super qt with her hair long
Nope
Short hair Kes far superior
Long hair Kes looked like a grade school teacher who loved cats too much

The show was so good that MIB 3 could never live up to the small legacy it made.

>out of all the things they took was the shapeshifter parasite and pawned it off on Knoxville for some cheap jokes
>took an episode of it and made a barely decent movie from it aka: K losses his memories
>they never put the silencer in the Noisy Cricket
>but the ABSOLUTE worse thing they did was NO FUCKING ALPHA!!!
>that man was Vandal Savage, Kevin Eleven, Hannibal, and that one episode of Invader Zim "Dark Harvest" rolled into one.

I found the end credits pretty amusing with all the different aliens posing for mugshots. Some of them were so big that they had to have someone off-screen hold up their registry number.

Wrong Spider-Man fag.

Spectacular was pretty good too

MiB 3 was bretty good though

I thought it was better than MiB 2

Watchcartoonsonline has them, I rewatched all of mib recently and it was fantastic. I tried the same with Godzilla, but it didn't hold up as well as a series

I rewatched had it recently and it still held up really well. Great blend of action and humour. All the characters were in point and there were some dope ass aliens designs. And as this user said , L's voice is pure fucking sex

Hulu has the extreme ghostbusters

Kes was a terrible idea for a character that's way too high concept for that show's writers to execute. Her relationship with Neelix was awful, she made Tom look like a creep for and both actors were relieved to see that triangle end. The only thing Kes had going for was that she stood up for the Doctor every time no matter what and they had a good dynamic, but then she left and he had matured enough to stand up for himself and didn't need a surrogate.

On top of that the writers could not balance is cast. DS9 had the core cast, Jake, Nog, Rom, Leeta, Cassidy, Garak, Keiko, Molly, Kai Winn, Dukat, Damar. Voyager? They coudln't think of a way to include 7 of 9 without dropping someone because they thought they had too many people in the cast even after they dropped Samantha Wildman, every crewmember from the Equinox, Lt. Carrey, and eventually Naomi Wildman.

I'd put them both on a list, honestly.

Not only that the credits had the instrumental version of forget me nots by patrice rushen

Michael Stuhlbarg as Griff is fantastic. He even manages to outdo the greatness that is Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression. But I'm a bit bias because I love Stuhlbarg in just about everything. Especially since he's in one of my all time faves, A Serious Man.