Black Panther: World of Wakanda CANCELLED

cbr.com/black-panther-world-of-wakanda-canceled

>Marvel’s Black Panther: World of Wakanda comic book series has been canceled after six issues.

>The news was made public by former World of Wakanda writer Roxane Gay on her Twitter page. When asked by a fan if she was still writing the series, Gay replied: “Sadly, the series was cancelled but I hope to revisit the characters.”

I like Black Panther as much as any guy, but did he really NEED three books?

he sold well so yes

Didn't even know BP had three books. What were was the other aside from his main book?

Black Panther and The Crew

Why are they cancelling so many of his books when the movie is coming out soon?

And nothing of value was lost. Though it's funny that the BP books are being canceled the same time as ads and trailers for the movie are starting up.

Because they sold horribly.

Marvel just give me a collection of Kirby's Black Panther, I want to give you guys money.

He didnt.

1. Black Panther by Coates
2. World Of Wakanda - A 5/10 book about the Dora Milaje, which was originally pitched as a 5 issue miniseries that was """"cancelled"""" after it wasn't picked up as a full series, though it did get an extra issue
3. BP & The Crew - A book about Misty Knight and Storm (and I assume the rest of the "crew from BP issue 7" doing stuff after a political activist is murdered in prison. Also pitched at a 5 issue mins-eries that was """""cancelled""""" after it wasn't picked up as a full series

That Kirby collection has been out for years, it's even in digital format. You obviously want to keep your money.

But the sales have gone way down since the spinoffs were launched.

A lot of new readers are interested enough to buy one Black Panther or Doctor Strange book but when the spinoffs start coming, they lose interest even in the original book.

Marvel editors know that if they put out fewer spinoff titles they'd get better sales on the parent titles, but I suspect it's not up to them.

I don't use the internet. Sorry.

They sold horribly.

Coates has no idea how to write a comic. All of his books are so fucking boring and show a very clear apathy for the characters they're about as anything more than mouthpieces for Coates' personal sociopolitical views.

Irrelevant, it sold well initially so Marvel made the smart move to make a shit ton of spin off books

It's a Masterworks those things are overpriced for barely any increase in quality, I'm not going to shell out $75 for 12 issues.

>smart move

It's not a smart move when spin-off books tend to sell like dog shit.

>Coates isn't writing the book
>book gets cancelled
>this is somehow Coates' fault
Is Coates the new Bendis?

No one likes niggers. Not even the cool ones.

Nope, it was a case of Marvel expanding too fast.

>Look guys I said Nigger on the internet!

Don't be that faggot.

Ah yes I always wanted to read about two lesbians with zero personality other than their sexuality, and BLM where every black Marvel character is best friends with each other.

What they used to do was put secondary strips in the main comic.

But Ike is such a money grubbing Scrooge, you only get one strip per $5 comic.

>crying about user saying nigger
Where the fuck do you think you are?

WoW and Crew would have worked fine as backup strips in the Black Panther book.

But, silly me, that would be sensible.

It's like that comic shop owner said, "Whenever Marvel has a success, they repeat it a 100 t.imes and then ask why it didn't work"

they'll still have two trades for them to put on shelves for the movie and the singles were selling badly enough they weren't worth continuing

>smart move to make a shit ton of spin off books
>it's a smart move to over-saturate the market
Black Panther ain't Batman, user.
Maybe when his movie comes out then yes, it would be a smart idea to have multiple books. But the movie is far from being released. Take that time to build up the main solo and then have something ready around the month before the movie comes out.

We already knew this.

Considering all his books got cancelled for not selling no, he didn't.

But his number one so lad so much!

As well as Kingpin's cancellation.

HOL UP...
we
wuzn't kangz?

>I want to give you guys money.
Why?

Main book doesn't sell well either

Was it racism?