COME AND GET YOUR LOVE

COME AND GET YOUR LOVE

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkr77jE5GFY
youtube.com/watch?v=bFb1f-RVnWY
youtube.com/watch?v=x_jRQBGKPaA
youtube.com/watch?v=P160_odTwyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's be real the second that scene started GOTG cemented its place as most likable Marvel flick. Not the best, but most pikable, even if the rest was typical capeshit thriller.

There isn't really another scene in the MCU to compare this moment against, it's just so... good. It's a brilliant character defining moment establishing Starlord as "every kid that used to want to be Han Solo" placed right where it needed to be to set the tone for the rest of the film and break up the downer opening.

It's just a really good scene that sets up an otherwise unremarkable film.

I'M AN OUTLAW
QUICK ON THE DRAW

FPBP

except for the part about the film being unremarkable, but agree to disagree.

You can argue for the prison break scene but the bar scene and the entire finale is just trite bullshit. Honestly the danceoff is easily the best part of that whole ending. The film never really lives up to the whole idea of "assholes dicking around the universe and occasionally saving things" by shackling the heroes with "muh grand save the galaxy destiny" crap.

The part where he used the thing as a mic legit made me laugh out loud when i first saw it

Yep. Even if GOTG isn't your cup of tea, gotta give credit where credit is due - from the moment the title card goes up the film does everything it can to try and differentiate itself from the other Marvel movies and be its own thing, and most of it works well.

GOTG did what Suicide Squad should have done and utterly failed to do - establish itself as being canonically in the same shared universe, but being completely, tonally different from the other films.

Yep I was all in as soon as this blasted onto the screen

I have yet to see GOTG2

Suicide Squad was the wrong group to attempt that with. If DC wanted their own GOTG the only correct choice would have been The Doom Patrol

COME AND GET YOUR LOVE
COME AND GET YOUR LOVE
COME AND GET YOUR LOVE NOW

This intro is the best intro in the MCU.
>>The Death Scene shows what makes Peter Tragic. If it wasn't there, Peter would just be an asshole.
>>They space the mother's death long enough before the song starts, so it's not whiplash.
>>It was necessary to divide the tragic and then get to the feel good song or else the film would not have worked.

hell, what's the matter with your feel right,
don't you feel right

hell, oh yeah,
get it from the main line
all right

I thought it was better when f is for family used it

COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER YOU'RE MY KIND OF MAN

GOTG is arguably the best film in the MCU. Or, if you want to say Iron Man 1 is the best film, then I'd say GOTG is the second best, better even than Winter Soldier. It's wonderful space opera that conveys its themes and characters really well. You can tell Gunn is a real director and not just some meme director Disney pulled out of its ass.

it wasn't that good m8

Being Rocket is suffering.

Everything about that scene is so good.

I appreciated the effort, you can tell everyone involved really busted their ass to top the first one, but it lacked the effortless underdog charm of the first. I guess it aimed higher but missed the mark, whereas the first didn't really have expectations attached to it and was just a really solid adventure film.

Still, I appreciate Gunn's style and I'm interested in what he does with Warlock and a more mature team of Guardians.

The best part is Yondu breaking Rocket down to show him for the soft hearted guy he is. Doesn't mean Rocket won't use his gun to kill anyone who pisses him off.

Rocket has been so brutally mistreated that almost all his happy moments are when he's hurting people. He WANTS to care, he's just afraid to let people get close. The next time we see him I think he'll have healed a lot and be more like DnA Rocket.

I just hope they balance things out because if they keep insulting Rocket it will become a case of....

Why does he stick with these people who see him as vermin?

Than god for this show, I would have been so annoyed if GOTG was the thing that reminded me of that song

Because they're all he has. ALL he has. He's like a horribly abused child who grew up never knowing love or human kindness and he desperately wants to have friends, without really knowing how to deal with having friends. It's why he is so flaky in the second movie, he's as autistic as Drax but in a different way.

>The best part is Yondu breaking Rocket down to show him for the soft hearted guy he is

I hate that stupid Raccoon, the moment I saw the first trailer from the first movie I knew that he was going to be just like that a ''badass but also a lot of really sad scenes coming from him, he is actually sad!''

and there you go, as cliche as it gets

If you combine Rocket and Nebula's personalities you basically get my brother's ex-girlfriend. GOTGv2 hit me pretty hard.

I was disappointed that he and Nebula didn't interact more. They have oddly similar backgrounds. There was a great chance for her to empathize with him when he stunned Gamora and ordered the ship away without Peter or Yondu but she just sat there watching him.

I feel like the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ended on a sad Rocket proves that these movies have something unique and special to them.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkr77jE5GFY
Just post it already you fucks

Nah, they could've done it if they avoided the retarded magic shit that made all of the Squad members useless.
They should've done something like going against Queen Bee, who is preparing some sort of terrorist attack on the US as a retaliaton for Supes fucking around in her country (tying it to that scene where he saves Lois in BvS).
Then make them do some Dirty Dozen shenanigans. Maybe include The Joker there, as her contact in the US to have some Harley and Joker scenes.

They could have easily gone with a campier, black humor take on Suicide Squad. It worked fine in Attack on Arkham and Task Force X in JLU. Instead they decided to go the DCEU IS DARK AND ULTRA SUPER CEREAL GUYS route and threw a couple one-liners on top, and it was shit.

It would've been 1000 times better if they used this
youtube.com/watch?v=bFb1f-RVnWY

Best scene, made whole movie.

>Getting down and dirty with a pussy unloaded

What did Zardu Hasslefrau mean by this?

>wonder why Quill was dancing so much
>think it's random
>turns out, he was stealing the Orb for himself
>he was actually dancing in celebration of how he was going to screw his space dad out of a lot of money

I think a lot of people would dance a bit to in that case.

People rag on the dancing for being random or whatever but it's really one of the most well-considered aspects of the movie and character. I appreciate that they didn't drive it into the ground in the sequel either.

No, he's wrong.

Rewatching that scene, I just noticed the skeleton peter passes is humanoid with a horsehead.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_jRQBGKPaA

At the Mission Breakout ride, there's an asgardian warhammer that has a hammerface and an axe-blade back.

So is all this hinting Beta Ray Bill might end up hanging out with the Guardians? Assuming he appears at all.

LONG LIVE THE CHIEF

I liked this one, great song

Best scene

bill is the only korbinite with a horse face

AIN'T NOBODY DOPE AS ME I'M JUST SO FRESH SO CLEAN (so fresh and so clean clean)
DON'T YOU THINK I'M SO SEXY I'M JUST SO FRESH SO CLEAN (so fresh and so clean clean)

C'mon, you have to admit Drax inciting the entire third act by drunk dialing Thanos was pretty fuckin' remarkable.

Yeah I appreciate how they easily made the tone of the movie/character clear with that sequence. I also like the contrast with the sad intro, too.

Eh I liked how mystery plot unfolded.

>I appreciate that they didn't drive it into the ground in the sequel either.

That's the one thing I like about Gunn, he didn't try to repeat anything from the first movie and let the second movie be it's own thing especially when everyone else expects him to.

>Q: I love the audacity of Star-Lord challenging Ronin to a dance off. In the final battle. And the fact that the first Guardians could do that, can you talk about continuing that legacy now?

>Gunn: Again, I think there’s a trap a lot of sequels fall in. Where they say “okay, we had that beat where there was a dance off, so what is our dance off in this movie? And we had that moment where they “We are Groot,” so what our “We are Groot” moment?” And then I’m like “screw all of that, this is its own thing.” Other people can go and try to figure out what the moments are in this movie. I don’t want to do the same types of things. I think the only tradition is that we try to give the audience what’s unexpected and what they don’t think is coming next. And mostly just in terms of the story, the characters hopefully being something that’s a little deeper than the first one movie.

Now go look at any adaptation of the GotG post MCU GotG, the cartoons and the comics to be exact, it's just them repeating shit from the first movie ad nauseam (especially the cartoon) it's annoying and shitty and it's done by hacks who can't figure out what to fucking do with the Guardians.

>I think a lot of people would dance a bit to in that case.
That music is also pretty much the only piece of his home planet's culture that he has.
But sure, the stealing thing is why he dances.

>tfw when this song starts playing during the final Ego showdown

youtube.com/watch?v=P160_odTwyY

>HOW CAN I TRY TO EXPLAIN CAUSE WHEN I DO HE TURNS AWAY AGAIN

The flasbacks where he remembered whar he loved were great. Being with his mother, laughing with Drax, dancing with Gamora, flying with Rocket and finally Yondu teaching him to shoot. Bookended by his parents, as it were.

Within the pidgeon hole that is the MCU within cinema, yes.

AND I DARE A MOTHERFUCKER TO COME IN MY FACE

That was SO fucking satisfying.

See, this is what I like about the GOTG movies, scenes like this where the characters have the upper hand and are having goddamn fun with it, allowing the audience to just bask and laugh in the insane amount of death happening on screen.

Suicide Squad really failed at emulating the "retro soundtrack integrated into the movie" did that GOTG did. I can't put my finger on why but Suicide Squad just came off as a cheap imitation with none of the soul.

Seriously, that is one of the best opening sequences in a movie.
A typical American movie needs to establish itself within the first 10 minutes. GotG does this beautifully. Rewatching this scene after seeing Suicide Squad and the complete clusterfuck of an opening it had made me appreciate GotG more.
Definitely better than in GotG 2 as well.

Because there was no reason for it in Suicide Squad other than "aren't we just SOOOO wacky and zany?". The soundtrack for GOTG fit thematically because the movie was at its heart a celebration of classic 80s space dramas like The Last Starfighter and the first three Star Wars movies, all viewed through a modern cinematic lens. In addition to that, you had a an in-universe reason for the soundtrack to be all 80s, as the thing Peter treasured the most was a cassette tape with 80s hits on it, one he would listen to frequently.

Not all movies need this kind of justification for their soundtracks, but it certainly helps when they do.