OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

First Full Episodes Released

Mega DL
mega.nz/#F!US5lDDCK!dJbyE3iUeBZoynSPt4t-PA

Airing in August
kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?page=9#comment-551057

This show seems to have decently fluid animation, good designs, funny characters and villain who doesn't seem to be motivated by a dark and gloomy backstory.

So... What would it take for you to like this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1BOcBLQxpQVbmxjYVNLcmNlMHc?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k
youtube.com/watch?v=zLT-DG1lyvw
youtube.com/watch?v=WLwcPxi4ODo
youtube.com/watch?v=TZoYb5E5zwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>So... What would it take for you to like this show?
It's sold me pretty well so far. I just hope it doesn't fall up it's own ass and ever take itself too seriously

I don't own a tv

>Watching cartoons on TV

Pirates won the war a long time ago.

This should be interesting.

quick review

The Plus
>like the setting
>like the characters
>references galore
>animation is smooth and awesome

The Minus
>everyone is always off model (budget compromise to get things smooth?)
>pacing is just...wayyy too fast at times.
>not a single sighting of Enid underboob

The biggest problem I've seen is, at times it will stay on a frame too long which just makes the show look stuttery.

>OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
That proper punctuation

>So... What would it take for you to like this show?

Improvement in Enid and Robot daughter's designs.

A bit tighter on the comedy.

i like robo daughter

>they see my penis

strawberry doesn't look impressed, she's like "is this all you've got"

my penis is so small the crow mistook it for a worm

I wish they should give KO his Gohan voice.

oh my

They do, starting episode 4.

I don't get how people could hate this show. It's just like a CN show from the 90s and early 2000s.
I can understand people could not like the off model stuff though.

Someone upload it to drive or youtube please.

>mfw immediately realize the skeleton is voiced by Roba from Problem Solverz

This is how I know I've watched too many cartoons in my life.

The show isn't bad though! It might have shitty Newgrounds-tier animation, art that looks like a bastardized version of megaman, and music that's genre doesn't fit the show at all, but they handle the overarching plot well, and the fight scenes are at least better than SU (not as good as JLA maybe). The messages aren't that bad either. It (and this is my opinion) just barely beats behind Gumball as the best show on the network, as while it doesn't rely on references nearly as much as it would have you believe (the metal gear one was pushing it), it's failure to capture it's influences talent in art, and the basic color schemes (the textured lens flare they do sometimes is neat) make this show look flat and uninteresting. This is not a show I would watch in any language other than my own.

i liked it desu

i liked the problem solverz pilot but didnt keep watching after the first couple eps because alfe was such a shit. i actually really like the style
you wouldnt happen to have the old problem solvers eps would you?
at this point it feels like lost media. i only had one saved

it's steven 2niverse

Can I get a Google Drive version? Mega never fucking works for me.

Yeah it's really not bad. The art is the only thing holding it back. Completely unforgivable what they did to red action's design, and in certain episodes Enid 's hips are drawn way too big, but it's a nice watch otherwise.

Aren't they all on YouTube? Unless you mean other parts of the pilot, which i don't have, sorry. Some of season 2 is on vimeo too, i think.

>Kari Wahlgren

I think my opinions may change about this show

>changes artstyleevery couple of episodes

I hope they pull a Croods and find one they like cause that is gonna be annoying.

It's nice.

I don't dislike it as much as I did SU and Star vs so that's good. On the other hand this seems like a show I'll just forget to keep watching eventually

Google Drive link
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1BOcBLQxpQVbmxjYVNLcmNlMHc?usp=sharing

Not bad, OK KO gets a passing grade!

Getting episodes in batches like this is nice, but it hurts the show. It's definitely killing Billy DIlley.

This isn't the way the show is actually going to air, these are leaked episodes. The show doesn't start until August

True, I wish they would find a better way to do these bombs.

Also, have the final three Billy Dilly eps aired yet? I didn't see them in the folder and I know there's 13 half hours.

It's pretty much superjail for kids. It's fantastic.

watch to the end of the episode, Red Action gets the haircut from the pilot back

>SU
>A "plot"-driven drama about a "boy" with his incompetent rock family doing absolutely nothing then crying for 20 minutes
>Is at best a 1/10

>OK K.O!
>An episodic action-comedy where the main characters works in a shopping center while learning to be a hero and fighting evil robots made by a scientist who hates friendship
>Is at worst a 5/10

IM READY

PanPizza?
Is that you?

Most of the designs are pretty ugly, and all the references and quirks make this show feel really generic. Like I get that it's supposed to be an homage to anime, but it still feels bland.

That said, it's pretty charming. The style's unique, the characters are likable enough, and the world seems pretty cool. The villains are easily the best part.

The lead is pretty annoying, and I never liked his character archetype. But I'm only a few episodes in and he'll likely mature and get better, so I'm sure I'll like him more later on.

not really leaked

CN released it on their official app ahead

nah, SU is a 4/10 at worst

OK, so is Mr. Gar K.O.s biological father without knowing it?

kek

Probably not but he does wanna smash Carol

I like the show it's fun

Thank you!

-Dumb Phoneposter

My dick

It looks ok k.o

But seriously, i dont like it design wise, the hands rub me the wrong way, but if i could get over the eyes in RnM, i can get over this.

WOW it's actually really fucking good!

I love the designs, finally something different enough!

And the direction is on point, really very impressed.

UNITE HAND!

>main foe is afraid of the power of friendship

Hilarious

>no one making a fuss over Enid being gay

Proud of you Sup Forums

stalking people on social media doesnt make you gay for them

youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k

Im kinda let down by lord boxman. That whole "I hate friendship" shit is pretty lame.He even thought rad and enid were gonna kill KO.
I mean i love manchild villains like lord hater, but if hes gonna be like that dont make him a company man.
I did like the fact that he calls his robots son/daughter.

>ending theme by rebecca Sugar
why did I not see this coming?
also gar having a crush on KO´s mom is cute

He's pretty damn funny in episose 6 though

What up!
We're just 3 cool guys looking for other 3 guys to hang out at our party mansion. NOTHING SEXUAL

Strawberry girl is cute

So, Rebecca Sugar does the end music and each piece of the song is 1/24 of the final version. There are 24 episodes in season 1 apparently then

eating her out must be delicious

thats...distracting. i mean i know SU was the same, but SU ending credits were longer. Here in OK KO its way too short.

It's a song about animation, you dip
1/24 of a second is one frame of animation

Ok this is getting old

>the show's story editor is Dave Tennant, former story writer on season 3 of flapjack and main story writer on Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and most of season 1 of uncle grandpa
Okay I wasn't expecting that

Full lyrics:
"It's only magic, isn't it amazing when you know/ every second that you see is/ twenty-four connected pieces/ thank you for coming, Thank you for staying, thank you for watching the show."

Animation

Gar and KO's mom used to be villains, but KO's dad brought her over to the good side. Gar then followed along later.

The cowboy bebop reference was good.

No user, you are.

Is this a theory or?

I thought it was 12, silly me.

So is this show going to be a self aware shitfest again or what?

> Thicc strawberry hips
I need to make a couple of requests on /aco/

Can you imagine what eating her out must be like

Theory.

Cowboy bebop reference seems to imply that they were criminals that robbed a donut shop and she mentions that he wasn't a hero when she met him.

Have i gone too far

yes

Episode 3 was shit
But tumblr is gonna love it because it showed 3 gay characters

Good

Man this is fun, show looks pretty good so far.

giggled

>they have power levels
>GAR is only Lv 11

I wonder what an individual Lv 100 hero would be like.

You are the worst that episode had the best faces

I think i finally get what the "plot stuff" ian jq mentioned is gonna be. Its not gonna be like SU where a threat comes and it becomes super serious. It's just gonna be the backstory of all of these characters.
That way, there´s no need for deep lore or any of that stuff. Just the past of people like Mr Gar and Boxman.
I know that cowboy bebop reference was just a joke but i am legit interested in KO´S mom past.

you are over-estimating the the episode. Nothing overtly gay present.

>reference
I am not a weeb. Explain

>enid blushing after KO asked her about the red chick
>enid asks "whos the babe" the next episode and blushes when KO says its his mom
>the buddhist and action guy buying clothes together
I mean its not overtly gay,but....

I like this. Not every show has to be deepest lore, and not every show has to be wacky stupid comedy. Sometimes, the ideal show mixes both.

youtube.com/watch?v=zLT-DG1lyvw

Oh no.

I dont like Enid.
Shes an asshole.

From the crew blog:
>These first six episodes are a loosely connected mini-arc, which we created to represent a cross-section of the show. Internally, we call these episodes “KO’s First Week”.

she's funny to me

i mean it makes sense. The first 3 episodes are totally connected.
Its pretty common for animated shows nowadays with some sort of plot to have a mini arc on the first episodes. I assume the ones coming up next will be more goofy.

J O J O R E F E R E N C E

unless you are memeing, lots of anime do that, though I personally would be ok if it were.

Though considering Kayohs voice, i think it would be more like a reference to dragonball, but I haven seen the episodes yet. Does it make the sound?

I just realized the Cartoon Network Studios end logo for this show is an homage to the old Hanna Barbara Cartoon-Cartoons logo

youtube.com/watch?v=WLwcPxi4ODo

full credits song:
youtube.com/watch?v=TZoYb5E5zwA

actually Fist of the North Star did it first

so yeah its a song about animation.

So what would you guys say were the inspirations for each character? like Kayoh takes a lot from kid Goku, but who else? Rad? Enid? Tell us what you think in the comment section below!