The father's day promo shits on richard just as much as the fucking series does

>the father's day promo shits on richard just as much as the fucking series does
>he cries, he's dumb, he's a fat oaf who is always on the couch, he fucks shit up, etc
>"BUT HE'S STILL A GOOD DAD! CATCH HIM IN GUMBALL ALL FATHER'S DAY LONG"

>Mother's day promo praises the scary force that is Nicole and says how great she is and how much she cares about her kids throughout it

How much farther can CN sink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3_6hY0_slMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was the promo really that bad? God I hate Richard

You can't really defend Richard, with anything else than saying that at least he tries to help, if he isn't too tired to do it.

richard is literally bound by the universe, space, and time to be a sack of shit

well... at least... they didn't marathon Adventure Time

>not wanting AT

I wanna fug gumbo

it's not that I don't want it, it's that it's not the best cartoon if you want to marathon something that has good dads in it

>How much farther can CN sink
>farther
It's father, you dipshit.

You can say the same thing about Gumball.

You can't say anything good about Richard, user.

How about Jake?

Loving someone despite their apparent flaws is not a bad thing.
A man being flawed is not a bad thing.
Extreme caricatures in children's media is not a bad thing.

Not everything that makes men look bad is a bad thing.

Yeah but we all know Martin is definitely worse, come on
Jake may be a good person but he wasn't a great father either

>Loving someone despite their apparent flaws is not a bad thing.
It's a stupid thing, nonetheless. It's how abuse victims justify and defend their abusers.

The bumbling dad is an old sitcom thing, but these days they take it to an exaggerated level. They need more episodes that show richard can be competent.

The guy had good reason to be that way. He was pampered by his mother that it made him pretty much mentally retarded.

Is there ANY modern character that is a good father?

greg from steven universe
roger from LPS

I think that's it

Richard's pretty good in some episodes at least

Father's Day is basically a means to shit on dads as a cultural precedent. Mother's Day is an actual 'buy shit for people' day.

youtu.be/3_6hY0_slMo

Here's the promo in low quality.

>"Richard's best episodes"
>the promo shows just bad, shitty episodes
>some of them aren't even Richard episodes

Is there any modern character who is a good anything?
In AWoG, The Choices episode showed that Nicole is literally Mussolini 2.0 without Richard to waste her time, Gumball is canonically a "loser," Darwin is a kidnapper, the Mother-in-law is a mother-in-law, Frankie is a conartist, etc. Anais is the only one who is a good person, and everyone dislikes her for it.

Going out to CN in general, we have Teen Titans Go, where everyone is absolutely horrible in every way. Adventure Time, everyone is horrible other than Finn and he is ironically SUPER GOOD! Various MacFarlane shows, everyone is horrible. Rick and Morty, everyone is horrible. Squidbillies, everyone is horrible.

And then onward to live action: The 100, where everyone is horrible and suicidally stupid. Game of Thrones, where everyone is raped. House of Cards, horrible people. Hannibal, horrible people. Big Bang Theory, where everyone is cast member on the Big Bang Theory.

There's really just NCIS as far as "good people" go.

The Mother's Day thing was the same way. Most of the episodes just had Nicole for a minute or two.

Finn/Jake's dad was geat but he's dead and only shows up in like 3 episodes so fair point

>he Choices episode showed that Nicole is literally Mussolini 2.0 without Richard to waste her time
It was just her imagination, not a real thing.

>Rick and Morty, everyone is horrible
Jerry is fine. I think he is a decent dad.

>Anais is the only one who is a good person

Anias is too smart to a fault. She can be downright manipulative when she wants to (the Remote episode)

Richard actually has an excuse for being a sack of shit. the world would actually un-do itself if he ever got off his ass and was a proactive member of society.

>Jerry is fine

pluto is a planet

>the world would actually un-do itself if he ever got off his ass and was a proactive member of society
Nop. He can gets a job just fine. It was an one-episode plot

Jerry is the only one who truly understands the dangers of Rick, but does not know how to be assertive enough to protect his family.
He's at the point where I want to feel bad for him, but I can't because he is such a bitch.

> how to be assertive enough to protect his family

what would you do user?

how would you get rid of Rick then? Keep in mind he has the family on his side (for the most part) and super science also your entire would probably hate you forever if you outright murdered him or some shit.

There is nothing Jerry can do except move on with his life with a new family

>Jerry

He could be a good, competent character if he was used properly as a foil to Rick, but R&M is mostly just wish fullfilment for people who think they are smart, so Jerry is an idiot and coward who gets shit on all the time because he just can't get that Rick is the smartest, bestest person in every Universe.

>The Remote
There was also The Password. So Anias has a meanstreak too that I forgot about.

Richard loves his kid. Like true-unconditional-no-strings-attached-you-will-never-ever-be-a-disappointment-to-me love.

Sure he's a dumbfuck, but love like that is literally priceless. It shows that between choosing material wealth and fake love or poverty and real love one should choose real love. Are we so cynical that that message is now "bad"?

He is not a bitch. What do you want him to do, punch rick, fuck Beth like a beast and have all the money? He's a real adult, not a male power fantasy.

If you want him to fuck beth like a beast then commission Shadman to do it, that's not a bad thing.

>Richard loves his kid
And? Almost every toon dad love the shit out of his kids and family. It's a standart trait of a kids show dad. Jake loves his kids but he is a deadbeat dad. The love for his kids don't change the fact that he is a deadbeat dad. Love your kids don't make you a good father.

>Its we try to have Goofy-like dad

Bob from Bob's Burgers.

>You have to be literally perfect or you don't deserve love

No, user, YOU are the abuser.

River Butterfly

>if you don't love someone that is nothing but flaws you are the bad guy

Its a fucking kids cartoon. They exaggerate. Jesus Christ, should we be putting trigger warnings on jokes now?

>implying having flaws makes you irredeemable and an abuser
>implying having flaws isn't a normal part of being human
gosh it's either 0 or 100 with you autistics huh?

>I will exaggerate to make my point.
Fuck off, both of you.

Steven Universe has a few morally good characters, but of course there's quite a bit that aren't