This is a good show but it is no wonder it was cancelled

this is a good show but it is no wonder it was cancelled

it could never sell toys in fact that was never the the intention of the writers, they wanted to creat a teen drama with a DC background

as a grown man of 25 i enjoyed the show but could tell teen males or older were not the intended audience

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/warner-bros-animation-girl-market/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's literal trash compared to Teen Titans, which was ironically targeted at a YOUNGER audience.

Isn't it a hit among girls tho?
Toys are a stupid outdated concept anyways, they should come up with a cheap in-house studio to make videogames because that's what kids want

Video games can be pirated. Toys can't.
That's the reality of the situation.

I heard a lot of people complain about teen Titans being too anime but they did a lot of visually interesting stuff in the show
Young Justice was as stiff and boring as your average Batman cartoon

>Isn't it a hit among girls tho?

that was the point

boy enjoyed the show but more on the whlemed side

certainly enough not to sell merchandise

It didn't sell toys because there were no fucking toys. CN is literally retarded, when it became a hit with older audiences they should have adapted and created merchandise to cater to the teen/20s crowd and they'd have made dosh but they just put out a pathetic slate of trash action figures that nobody wanted because they were shit anyway and then cried that they weren't making any money.

Considering that TT is also literal thrash compared to ATLA, that sounds pretty awful.

The girls/toys thing is a myth based on an unsubstantiated claim about a DIFFERENT show.

The thing is toys and merch have traditionally funded just about every single cartoon since the 80s. No toys means no cartoons. This is why most networks have basically given up on making anything at all. Its not profitable. There are a few exceptions of cartoons being funded out of pocket by some extremely rich Hollywood bigshot like Spielberg or Lucas.

Also kids are wise to shit videogames now so they won't sell enough to fund something of even remote quality. Terrible flash cartoons are now king.

ATLA is literal trash compared to TT, misguided user. Don't fall for the fake depth meme like so many have.

They are both Trash but at least ATLA has somewhat fun lore and is actually creative, compared to TT which is just "Generic cape anime #2658930"

Its not a myth and both shows were canceled or more specifically not renewed for extra seasons. When the execs found out 50% of the Young Justice's audience were girls they immediately went to kill it. Girls do not buy superhero toys or superhero branded clothing.

themarysue.com/warner-bros-animation-girl-market/

Kevin Smith and Paul Dini confirm it

The Symbiotic titan one is a rumor but if you know anything about how cartoons are made its an incredibly believable one.

>Watch a few episodes
>Green Arrow sidekick being a attention whore
>Superboy is an emo edgy retard
>The rest of the team except the ayyy is thirsty for attention and missions
Is there any reason to continue this?

>somewhat fun lore
>Don't fall for the fake depth meme
Sigh.

And TT is so different from "generic cape" cartoons (I don't think cape anime is a thing) that it's not even funny.

And that is why the video game market in general is near-nonexistent. A complete dead medium, really.

It finds its stride later in the first season, and the second season was just overall really good.

Season two is all catch-phrases and new hero introductions. You might like that if you didn't like season one, especially since they put a lot of the focus off of the original group.

As is pretty much everything else that can be pirated, except movies which are now essentially Hollywood only.

The early episodes really fucking suck but are "important" for story reasons. Everyone is an angsty asshole. It gets better as time goes on and eventually I become emotionally hooked on their dumb relationships.

Also lots of the dialog is cringy as fuck and all the villains are OP as hell. Makes me wonder why they keep doing all this "plans within plans" crap when any random asshole is strong enough to take on the whole League by themselves.

But I love it anyway and only feel sad knowing its never coming back.

>It didn't sell toys because there were no fucking toys.
Yo.
I'd actually wanted to buy stuff from YJ, especially Blue Beetle, but when the only way I could get any merch was to buy shit off of scalpers online, it was doomed.
Fucking idiots.

>muh nostalgia

>I don't think cape anime is a thing
One Punch Man, Cyborg 009, My Hero Academy, Samurai Pizza Cat, Tiger and Bunny, Guyver, Zetman

Sorry to ruin your narrative, but I only watched it for the first time this year.

>it's never coming back

But it literally is

ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT IN ACTION

>clones
>killing off characters nonsensically

outside of the main group a lot of the character had poor characterization

also that fucking laugh young dick grayson would

if you didn't like melodrama, the show isn't for you

I guess I will give it another try

It is/was a great show.

I loved The Flash episode, and they always found a way to tie the kiddies to the adult heroes. The Roy arc was amazing. Don't get how people here say it has shallow writing when there were like 5 different story lines going on for each character.

>Its not a myth and both shows were canceled or more specifically not renewed for extra seasons. When the execs found out 50% of the Young Justice's audience were girls they immediately went to kill it. Girls do not buy superhero toys or superhero branded clothing.

Greg Weisman, the CREATOR of the show, has debunked this. The gender of the audience never played a factor in this. Toys were not sold in general.

Why the fuck do people believe more speculation from two people that weren't in the show versus someone who had actual insider information?

Mobile games with in-app purchases

>this is a good show

Sup tumblr

Which can still be pirated, like pretty much anything digital.

>Is there any reason to continue this?
No. It gets worse from here on out. This show wanted so hard to be Justice League lite but did absolute jack shit to make you invested or care about the characters, it got the fanservice down right but it felt overall shallow given the amount of bullshit you had to sit through.
>especially since they put a lot of the focus off of the original group.
Except its literally The Miss Martian Show
>and the second season was just overall really good.
Kek

But they're recording voice lines, and drawing story boards.

>as a grown man of 25
>25
>grown man

This plays into the end of season 1 really well. There's a reason he is this way you might not expect.
I'll admit he doesn't really change all that much from this, but it does get toned down a bit.
>The rest of the team except the ayyy is thirsty for attention and missions
I would consider it about natural for their characters at this point. They do transition from looking for trouble to getting out of it.

What toys??

All they need to do is develop their own engine around super hero characters and it doesn't need to be a great engine just one that works
And then since it's all done in-house and their engine they can receive code between games and outright clone some parts like Ubisoft does with their far cry and assassins Creed series for super cheap
They could make a couple manuals and a drag and drop system and then have monkeys make their games
It's only one initial investment that pays off in the long run
Plus kids know when a game is turbo crap but it doesn't need to be 9/10 gotta either just something that works and is kind of fun
Plus it doesn't need to be 60 hours long since it's for kids, think the Lego series but better

JLA has one.

The toys didn't sell because they were absolute dogshit. Mattel needs to lose the DC license. They're still producing dogshit toys.

The mainline toys were 3 POA and seriously weighed less than McDonald toys for like 9.99. The high end collector figures were decent but nothing great. They sold for around 20 dollars and they had a much slower release schedule. Plus most DC toy collectors at the time were sick of Matty and were ignoring their toys.

OH and I also have to bring up that Mattel ignored Artemis and MM in the first set of 16 toys so a lot of fans boycotted the toyline for being sexist. I think they got toys during Invasion but the damage was done

So it's typical Roy Harper.

He grows out of that and becomes one of the most mellow team members.