What superpower has unconventional/untapped potential?

>Using telekinesis to stop someone's heart or squeeze the blood vessels in their brain shut.
>Using the ability to change colors to turn your opponent's eyes black to blind them.
>"Flying" down in order to prevent yourself from being blown away.

Creative use of pyrokinesis could be used to freeze your enemies, assuming you draw heat from objects instead of conjuring flame out of mid-air.

Yeah, some of these alternative uses depend heavily on the source of the power.

Alternatively, speedsters could easily start fires using the intense friction from their speed.

The problem with that is that it must be assumed that Speedsters has some way of mitigating friction for their powers to make logical sense.

>Using telekinesis to stop someone's heart or squeeze the blood vessels in their brain shut.
I'm sure this has happened in a Millar or Ellis comic or two

>invincibility
>use your hair as a garrote since it will not break

All of those things are obvious and used fairly often though.

Sue Richards has threatened people with it but never used it I believe

What's that .gif from anyways?

Healing factor could be used to speed up muscle growth. You could use this to workout with ridiculous fervor. Wolff's law would mean that your bones would also adapt to the increased pressure.

I'd assume that you could also starve or dehydrate someone in a matter of hours by forcing them to heal again and again, since the mass has to come from somewhere.

Using superspeed to travel minutes back in time in order to follow the villian and find the villian's hideout.

>since the mass has to come from somewhere.

It happened in Superman vs The Elite. Someone uses their power to give Superman a stroke, then Superman uses his heat vision to lobotomize the guy.

Use telepath in order to give some pleasure and causing them to climax thus losing the will to fight.

Using superstrenght to turn coal into diamonds, then smashing this coal into small powder and blowing it at people to tear thier lungs apart if they breath.

That sounds kind of gay user. Getting into a fight with a super powered person and glitter bombing them.

Good concept for a thread

What about the flipside? What if a certain power required unconvential conditions to be met before it could be used?

I played around with the idea of someone with absurd physical strength that only manifests itself when throwing baseballs. We're talking "could bring down a fighter jet from the ground"-strength pitch. In every other way, he is 100% ordinary.

>The power to teleport objects
>Teleport knives or drugs into someone's body

permanent dumb aura so everyone around the guy including himself acts like an idiot and makes stupid decisions
also he can infuse objects with that aura and leave it in the villain's hideout but he's too stupid to figure that out for now

Blink does that.

Needs an appropriately gay name.
How about Poz?

Has Cyke ever rocket jumped with his optic blasts?

I mean, it's probably a bad idea, but I want to see it now.

He can't do that for the same reason he's invulnerable to his own blasts. His body is simply impervious to any force the energy produces.

Ultimate Sue tried to kill Ult Reed that way. He just stretched around the blockage.

>Using magnetism to get small metal pieces inside someone's head through their ears and fuck their shit up

This is basically blood bending in Avatar

Environmental manipulation, but you can only manipulate matter/energy that you've consumed.
If you're eat ice, you can manipulate cold/snow/ice. If you're swallow air, you can manipulate air, creating powerful gales and giving yourself flight.
Drink oil? Oil manipulation.
Swallow a rock? Geomancy.
And so on.
Drawback being that it takes time to switch elements, and until you are fully switched you don't have complete immunity to the matter/energy in question. Enhanced constitution allows you to consume and resist more dangerous materials like lava and acid, but if you don't, continued exposure to such dangerous matter/energy will begin to harm you much as it does a baseline human.
You can take a blast of fire to the face or a lightning bolt, but if you're hit hard enough and continually, it will eventually bring you down.
So basically Matter Eater Lad, but he gains abilities from the matter he eats instead of just eating quickly.

Using invisibility to flicker, giving seizure-prone enemies an instant seizure

How much do you need to injest before you can control something, and how much can you control for how long?

Kinda reminds of of Full Metal Alchemist, there's was one guy who would boil all the water in your body instantly

or you could cause cancer

At least a morsel's worth, around the size of your average crouton, although that will get you around 100lbs of material to manipulate. A full mouthful is 500lbs, and you can swallow four mouthfuls for a maximum of 2000lbs of material to manipulate.
A morsel's worth will last you for about half a week, but four mouthfuls will be expended within 12 hours, faster depending on how intensive your use is.

that's a lot of semen

>power to brutally destroy the prostates of your foes
>but you literally have to guzzle cum
I don't think it's worth it.

its for the greater good!
no evil villain will reproduce as long as the semenmancer still walks!

I have always thought the ability to fly is greatly overlooked. People make fun of it since it is so ubiquitous, but I have always felt it does not get the respect it deserves.
For one thing I want to see a street level hero who only has that one ability. A ninja with this ability would be awesome as they would leave no trace or be hindered by obstacles in any way.
I would also like to see completely unassisted flight explored a lot more.

Falcon?

not exactly Sup Forums, but a version of this happened in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5, and it was pretty brutal. pic related

Ultimate Reed is the only version of him I don't hate. He stopped being a butthurt asshole about Doom being cooler than him and started going nuts with his power, using it constantly instead of only occasionally.

>Repeatedly make bits of someone heal until you notice one acting strange
>Make it 'heal' at a terrifying rate
>1 minute later, part of the victim's brain has got so big it's just crushed the rest of it
This got disturbing kinda too quickly for my tastes

Nightcrawler did it with a shark.

He teleported a shark inside someone?

X-ray vision, give everybody cancer

AoA version of Kurt teleported a shark inside of AoA Blob

into blob; i think it was an age of apocalypse story

>change colors to turn your opponent's eyes black to blind them
Pupils are already black.

you wouldn't change their pupils black you fucking retard, you'd change the clear surface layer of their eye black so light doesn't enter the pupil.

Clear isn't a color, it's not affected by color changing abilities.

Use X-Ray vision to give someone cancer
use pyrokinetic to boil the water inside someone cooking them alive

This is far more precise than it needs to be. Unless you are trying to make it look like they were killed by a brain hemorrhage, why not just absent-mindedly slash their brain in half, or open up their stomach, or any number of other, simpler ways to kill them.

Converting sound into energy could probably explode something depending on volume

>Converting sound into energy
explain what you mean by this?
sound is just waves which is just energy traveling through and shifting particles.

The ability to grow without limit means you could grow to become larger than the universe itself.

Sound is energy. And it already can do that it just has to be ridiculously loud.

I was having difficulty figuring out what difference the colour of someone's iris would make. Turns out it was just based on some dumb shit.

A pupil is a hole by the way, it isn't black

You wouldn't be able to outspeed the expansion of the universe. Especially since that expansion has been accelerating for like five billion years.

>holes can't be black

Nothing is cooler than when someone speeds up to start a fire

It's made out of tissue. Guess what color tissue is. It's not black.

HOL UP

Magneto should have electromagnetic abilities, shooting lightning and having railguns for arms. Instead he throws girders around.

Elasticity is one of the most versatile powers but it's barely used creatively in media. It's just "hey look that person can stretch".

Doesn't magneto turn the statue of liberty into a giant electromagnet/battery for his machine?

Everytime we move our muscles we produce heat, so imagine someone who can stop time for everyone but himself. During the timestop, he'll have moved a tremendous amount for an infinitely small time, which would generate massive amounts of heat, which he would use to ignite people or things

How can a hole be made out of anything?

Simple, you take anything, then remove enough of it that you end up with a hole.

then you have a whole hole and enough anything to fill it.

The hole itself still isn't tissue or any other kind of matter.

On CW Barry snapped his fingers with a blowtorch as a quick flamethrower
It was nice

>hole itself still isn't tissue
that's not what your mom said last night when I was tissue-ing her tissue hole with my tissue

> you draw heat from objects instead of conjuring flame out of mid-air.

I've always loved how in the RIFTS rpg the "Fire-Warlock" class got a handful of ice powers because of that

The hole is a hole in something. If there's nothing around it then it's not a hole therefore while technically incorrect it's fairly obvious that talk about what it's made from refers to the surrounding part.

The hole is not composed of what surrounds it. The original claim was that pupils are not black because they're holes made up from tissue that isn't black. That claim is wrong, because the hole itself is black, regardless of the color of the matter that surrounds it.

Not sure what's so confusing or where I implied that. A pupil looks black because it's a hole where the interior is cast in shadow. It isn't actually black.

A hole isn't black, it has no color. It's a hole.

What the fuck, user?
I'm not sure I needed to know this.
I'll never look at eyes the same.

That's a middle or high school level biology.

That's pretty much how anything looks like when you zoom in enough

You implied it by saying that the pupil isn't black, due to the fact that it's a hole.
Why can't a hole be black?

How did you not know this. It's junior high science class stuff.

The same way there can't be a shadow without something causing it. Because a hole is a property of something. It's not a thing that exists on it's own. And no, black holes don't count because the name is not literal.

My shit-tier school only had a generic "science" class because specialized sciences weren't "inclusive" enough.
Everyone got taught the same stupid shit, like Mentos and Coke rockets and that some things burn a different color over a Bunsen burner.
Blame the failing school systems for this.

I dropped the fuck out and learnt a trade, so it worked out okay.

Ah, yes, americans.

I don't want to derail the thread, but for once this stupid shit wasn't America.
I'm not saying this shit doesn't happen there too, but it's all over the world now.

If we're going by your standards, then can cold not exist because it's simply the lack of heat?

I have no idea

>trade
Smart man. Better that than going into debt so you can be made to attend sociology classes.
You made the right choice.

Telekinesis is garbage.

Cold is neither. It's simply less heat than you're used to. It's like comparing a place in the shadow to a place in sunlight. A shadow isn't the opposite of light it's just a place with less light.

I had an idea for a character who had precision flying powers and was also a fencer. Her superhero name was "Hummingbird," and instead of the straight on flying most heroes do, she could flit around like her namesake and use her various fencing weapons to take out bad guys.

I don't think this conversation is ever going to get anywhere, considering I'm talking to a guy who doesn't believe in cold.

The fluid in your eye is though

Are you serious? Has your education system failed you so badly?

Only if you lack imagination, telekinesis is frequently one of the most broken powers in fiction.

He's technically right. Cold is just the absence of heat, which is energy of some kind.

That seems pretty interesting, especially that it wasn't the cliched posh fucker with a thin moustache who did the fencing.
The whole misdirection thing it neato, having it be both the method of attack and travel.
A peculiar speech pattern to tie into that may add to the character.

Make this happen, user.

It's not even the absence unless you're talking about absolute zero. Everything above has some heat, it's just lower than you so you perceive it as cold. Cold is a human impression not a property of universe.

I was also toying around with the idea that should could make things float by touching it to make her powers a little less lethal, but yeah, she's one of my favorite superhero ideas I've come up with.

Otherwise he would at the very least snap his own neck, if not tear his own head off, from the force of his blasts

>make things float by touching it to make her powers a little less lethal
Like gravity would lose its hold over the items for a while?
Instead of dropping her phone and breaking it, it'd just float around and be fine?
Man, what a hellish time it would be until she got control of her powers.
That's some prime story material.

One thing though, I don't understand how exactly that ties into her powerset.