Okay, so, I get that studios don't want to rewrite/reshoot their movies if they can avoid it...

Okay, so, I get that studios don't want to rewrite/reshoot their movies if they can avoid it. It takes time and effort and money and all that. However...

There was roughly a year between the death of Carrie Fisher and the release of The Last Jedi. Once she died, shouldn't they have been all "Shit, Carrie is dead. We need to write Leia out and/or make it so that Luke lives"?

The really funny part is China doesn't allow ghosts in their movies so Luke will never appear again!

Johnson is a retarded hack who actually thinks TLJ has artistic merit

Wait, is this serious?

It was retarded to plan for Luke to die in this one and Leia in 9 in the first place, irrespective of Fisher's death. The irony of Fischer being the only one of the three to die is just incredible, and for not adjusting TLJ they now deserve trying to fix the clusterfuck of giving Leia a shitty offscreen death and having none of the classic cast to reel in fans.

Hey now, they still have... uhh... Nien Nunb...

Yes and no. There was no issue with force ghosts in TLJ in China, doubt they'll care about whatever they do in 9 either.

this is star wars and luke will clearly play a large role in ep9 as a force ghost. are you guys really this retarded? him dying is a LITERAL nothingburger. it makes NO IMPACT whatsoever on the plot. if anything it just means he'll spend most of his time trying to redeem kylo by trolling him all day instead of training rey.

>luke will clearly play a large role in ep9 as a force ghost

Oh, good, so he'll do nothing but stand there and talk. That sounds exciting.

>nothingburger

because they weren't ghosts. Yoda looked more solid and colorful than he did in the OT, complete with the magical ability to summon lighting and physically hit Luke.

It was a pretty safe bet to say Fisher wasn’t going to live to the end of Ep 9 and they still rolled the dice on it.

They ban movies featuring ghosts. TLJ had Yoda, but that was a minor part.
nuGhostbusters was banned.

Just a reminder that the morons at Disney/Lucasfilm didn't even reunite the main OT characters once, probably one of the biggest reason people went to see the new movies.

Yeah... that was a big let down, but I think that was intentional. They were putting subtly saying that even friends die alone.

I guess we should feel lucky that they let Han and Leia interact.

Do you really think this? Best case scenario is a cameo scene.

lol you're fooling yourself if you think that.

>friends die alone
That's not what they were saying.

>estranged
>son turned to the dark side

Oh yeah, I’m so thankful.

That was sarcasm.