Superman aging

Alright, so I get that it's generally agreed that Superman will live longer and age slower than humans, but what's the general consensus? Is he going to live to be like two hundred, several thousands of years old or is he basically immortal?

Depends on the universe.

In some he can be immortal if he goes sun dipping.

TELL ME ABOUT BANE

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK!??

His aging is based directly on the sun, it fuels him, once the sun goes THEN the clock starts ticking

Although that sounds retarded

read DC one million. It shows the DC universe in 80,000 years' time.

He's still there. And he's basically god.

In Grant Morrison's interpretation, Superman is going to be immortal. On the other hand, Superman is not presented at being around in the 30th-31st century of the LoSH, but they've been rebooted so many times that it's meaningless.

Overall I would expect him to be effectively immortal, since he spent many, many years fighting Ragnarok with Wonder Woman and didn't age.

The continuity and amount of history behind the character is so jumbled and convoluted that theres basically no "canon" answer, although the consensus seems to be that he outlives his peers by "awhile"

Anyone have that Sup Forums screenshot of old man Kent handing out candy to kids and helping people get their cars unstuck from the mud?

He's gotten real old, that's for sure.

/thread

I will remind them.

I mean he probably will live as long the sun is yellow, but if during the aging process Sol becomes a red star like in Red Son then he would probably die.

Kingdom Come Superman got old and post zero hour was his legion.

My vote is that at earth distance and light availability away from a yellow sun he gets reduced aging. So if he stays mostly on earth he'll look 50 in in 60-70 years. If he goes sun dipping or moves to a brighter star he will be immortal. If he dips into a brighter star he get continuously stronger.

Where does the ammo get fed from?
They took the time to draw the belts but they just disappear behind him.

Came to the thread to mention this. I love the idea of Superman becoming a little old man and watching the human race grow and evolve over the years like a father.

I never lived the idea of an immortal superman.
Hes still an organic being. They all die at some point.
And the sun should be the one who kills him.
I can get living a long time but he has to die at some point.

His butt. New super power, butt bullets.

Depends on the setting, writer, story, etc.
In Byrne's Generations he's basically immortal.
In Kingdom Come he ages relatively slowly and gets stronger as he does; the KC/JSA crossover showed alive in the 30th century but as an old, unpowered man ().
In Morrison's All-Star and One Million he stops aging and gets stronger.
In pre-Crisis Earth-Two he aged more or less at a normal rate and gradually weakened, same in Secret Society of Super-Heroes.
In the Earth's End continuity () he got fucked over by both a virus and radiation which greatly reduced his power.
One Wally Flash comic implied that he ages but that he lived to see the destruction of Earth.
Take your pick.

Wait, does he send his son to die for our future sins?
His son goes in wacky, yet thoughtful adventures with his 12 bros?

>One Wally Flash comic implied that he ages but that he lived to see the destruction of Earth.

IIRC that was in the Black Flash arc written by Millar. And Millar has been trying to hint that he wanted to do that if he worked on a Superman film trilogy. Red Son sort of did this (though adding in the idea that he gradually lost his powers over time due to the sun's change).

Yeah in one version he lived to and past the end of the universe

You know hes balling when hes not raw after that