What if we remade Arkham Asylum but with Batman characters instead?

>What if we remade Arkham Asylum but with Batman characters instead?

Is every superhero game just going to be based on the Arkham series?

My favorite Batman comic is Death Of Jean DeWolff

Most capeshit comics and films feel the same, so why not the games?

>What if we remade Arkham Asylum but with Batman characters instead?

Return to Arkham?

Yeah that's kind of what happens when you redefine a genre. No one took Sup Forums vidya seriously until Arkham

>but Spider-man 2 on the PS2!

came out in 2003 and was successful largely by accident.

I just want a Predator game done like Arkham.

>What is the Mahvel series.

Current title excluded of course.

What it isn't is the sandbox RPG element these games are going for.

PS1 Spider-Man.

A Superman game based on the Arkham series could be cool. The sneaking and investigating part could be undercover reporter Clark Kent, then when criminal activity is confirmed you run to find a secluded where you could change into your Superman outfit to beat up the bad guys.

I'd rather someone combine Ass Effect and (the good parts of) No Man's Sky, and slap a Power Ring on it.

Bonus points for hundreds of unlockable constructs with a weapon-wheel type selection for the player's favorites.

They're talking about Spidey now
twitch twitchpresents

EVERY generic, nonspecific action game is derived from the Arkham series. Which in turn is heavily influenced from the not-so-modern-anymore Prince of Persia games.

So of course all Superhero Games will fill that pigeon hole.

constructs should be user designed from primitives and functional parts like engines, gun receiver, etc.
release it a month or two before the game as a website and app, and allow people to publish their creations for use in game

>>What if we remade Arkham Asylum but with Batman characters instead?
So... Arkham Asylum?

>Flowing combat doesn't suit Spider-Man at all!
Wrong: The Thread

Stealth missions sure don't. Peter's a cocky jerk off who constantly tries to make his presence known.

>someone makes a giant dick construct

Kaine saved the stream everyone

And? Stealth in the gameplay was optional. Stop cherrypicking you dumb nigger.

>superman
>not the question
Come on

or a very in depth upgrade system that has visual upgrades too
similar complexity as the Path of Exile point system, but with upgrades that not only add visual additions to your upgrades but enhances the power of the construct
you could completely customize your constructs, save the ones you like, have access to 6-10 at a time and quickly change out ones for pre-saved layouts

You're both wrong, Green Arrow would be fun to play. Question could appear along with Huntress if need be.

>Peter's a cocky jerk off who constantly tries to make his presence known
historically you are wrong
and that makes you look like a retard

Any character who's abilities are based on agility and can be threatened by random mook with guns can an should follow the Arkham model, it's very successful and there's nothing actually wrong with it. Developers just need to be willing to also make game based on characters that can't fall into that mold.

Meh, The Question would be better because of Hub City

And the upgrade points would be earned from levelling up? Or would the player earn them through side missions meant for "strengthening their willpower"?

I suppose not, that may be too similar to BoTW.

>Developers just need to be willing to also make game based on characters that can't fall into that mold.
Yeah, but at the same time, a lot of those characters are essentially limitless power-wise or have powers that don't work well in video games.

Flash's super speed for instance. Only other speedsters and maybe physics/precogs would be the only threat because everything else would be too easy to take down in super speed. You could give him a super speed bar where you can only use it for so long, but how long would it take to knock down a mook who can't move.

GL powers are essentially limitless in form, if not in duration, due to being imagination-based.

So they have to limit what the character can do and end up annoying players. Or they can just make games off the Arkham formula or fighting games and just make better versions.

Though a GL game where you can play as multiple different GLs but each one makes their own set of constructs would be interesting.

God, I hope we someday get an Iron Fist/Shang Chi game that's like Sleeping Dogs

A Flash game can't be done because rendering isn't fast enough.

One of Peter's first inventions was a fucking light up spider signal to LITERALLY announce his presence.

It always pissed me off that Batman cemented this kind of gameplay, as opposed to Spidey, or even Daredevil.
I mean, the little counter alerts even look just like the lines they used for his Spider-Sense.

You could just have the world slow down around him since it'd be your character. Other speedsters would be faster but not so much that it wouldn't render.

I wish we had gotten a re-skinned Infamous instead. Those were quality games and already very superhero-y in nature.

>23 year old Spidey that has been at this for 8 years and knows when to be quiet and when he doesn't have to
Naw, yeah, you're right, he's obviously going to go around making as much noise as possible.

Spider-Man 2 did have it years ago. Just nobody built off of it

Then AC came along and did it for their games and Rocksteady did it for AA, and WB put out like 3 other games with the same exact AA fighting style.

Rocksteady just continuously updated it with each new game.

The stealth bit is the new part and even that is not super-like AA.

Spider-Man 2 mastered the open world superhero concept, which was stolen for Arkham City.

this its like idiots never played a spider-man game before

>Batman cemented this kind of gameplay
No, assassin's creed did. The series Arkham was based on.

Literally no one thinks "stealth" when they think of what they want in a spider-man game.

What did you expect? Anything that proves popular and entertaining is going to get copied to death until something better comes along. Rinse and repeat.

Even the fucking villain is the same. Mr Negative is just Asian Black Mask.

I didn't know Black Mask could shoot lasers from his hands.

Shh, you're interrupting the circlejerk with your logic.