JSA Storytime: X-Statix

Good evening owls,

Let's finish this mini

roll the dice for what?

believe in me who...

Hello, Storyteller.

So after X-Statix is done, what's up next on the dockett?

Wong really suffers for his art.

We have All-New Doop and then ????

I can't even remember.

YESSSSS

Reminder: send that letter, make that phone call, reach out.

Didn't you say you were going to run The Rise and Fall of Captain Atom once it completed its run?

Since I got the last few issues and didn't read them, that'd work

I feel like somebody already did that on the board when it finished up.

I like this Phantom Rider a lot more than Cain's retconfest, that's for sure.

The Phantom Rider in this is, as you say, very weird with the recent Mockingbird retcon. Maybe Bobbi has a real weakness for cowboys.

I wish Ant-Man would come to my yard and take care of the hell ants we have here

Can't really stick around tonight so gonna read later. Hope you're all keeping well.

OP is a faggot

I think I was thinking about a critical "what the fuck happened" read of Milligan Stormwatch, but I'd have to go buy a handle of Pinnacle for that and I've been so good

I am here I am posting I made it! It has been a minute and I miss comic talk

that right there is very high on my list of "awful ways to die"

HI user

how are you owls?

I def feel like there was some c list Bronze Age stuff we discussed reading next

Just like Clint

that's a good one

hungry and I feel like jelly

how are you OP?

kind of good but also deeply gutted by life

my favorite old professor died yesterday

>my favorite old professor died yesterday
aw I'm sorry to hear that

Fine, though I really miss Oracle.

You?

ACTION COMICS #987
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
Lenticular cover by NICK BRADSHAW
Variant cover by MIKEL JANIN
“THE OZ EFFECT” part one! The agents of the mysterious Mr. Oz begin to move as the Man of Steel works to stop the chaos they unleash in Metropolis and across the globe. But when Mr. Oz steps from the shadows his identity rocks the Last Son of Krypton to his core. The story that began in DC Universe: Rebirth #1 begins to end here!
On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • Lenticular version $3.99 • Nonlenticular version $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #988
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by PATCH ZIRCHER
Lenticular cover by NICK BRADSHAW
Variant cover by MIKEL JANIN
“THE OZ EFFECT” part two! As Superman struggles with the ramifications of Mr. Oz’s identity, the mysterious figure’s origins and the long road to Superman’s doorstep finally reveal themselves.
On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • Lenticular version $3.99 • Nonlenticular version $2.99 US • RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #965
Written by JAMES TYNION IV
Art by EDDY BARROWS
Cover by EDDY BARROWS
Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
“A Lonely Place Of Living” part one! It’s the story you’ve demanded: Where in the world (or otherwise) is Tim Drake? Red Robin faces a crossroads…escape the most devious prison ever devised, or find himself abandoned beyond time and space for all eternity! Not much of a choice, right? But when he finds out just who is locked in there with him, Tim’s world will change in ways he never imagined! This is one of the biggest stories of the REBIRTH era, setting the stage for an explosive DETECTIVE COMICS epic!
On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

hmm

mmmeh

Tynion and Jurgens writing some of the more important ongoings and developments IS pretty mmmeh

What's the longest thing you would run? Milligan has Enigma and Skreemer as shorter things. Shade is good but long, though only the first two thirds are very, very good.

Shade is I think too much of a commitment for my current state of being

F

lol

I love you, Scott

Someone ordered the Billy Butcher special.

He was the best

Obituary is in the Chicago Tribune

Decently pleased with E3 based on the highlights video of a YouTuber my friend follows.

needs less Skyrim more new game

(It's a Reagan joke, for those of you who are too young)

ES:O is their new game. Jeff Gerstmann talked about Bethesda a little while ago and said that they see ES:O as the next Elder Scrolls, so expect more stuff for that (kind of like how SWTOR is KOTOR 3,4,5,6,7 according to Bioware)
Bethesda said yesterday that "they have at least two major titles they are working on before we’re going to get to Elder Scrolls 6"

I want a good dc and marvel game that isn't spider man and batman

Needs less videos and more game play

>My name's Moonbeam. What's so funny about that?
It implies that you have some hippie ass parents, that's what.

Is it time?

dang it

I mean, it's not not fun, but it's not quite the game I want either. it's too dependent on other people although there's nothing quite as funny as a crowd of 20+ people curbstomping a dolmen.

I kinda sorta joined that superhero zine thing

Time for another disappointing Rebirth event/crossover?

Seems like it's getting there, user.

NOW this looks like a Strange comic

>Person with long, flowing, flat and wide streamer falls faster than one without
Hell physics suck

Edie, pls.

Goddamn, I missed her.

DING DING DING

who would have thought back then that Scott fucking Lang would star in a movie?

Not Bendis, that's for sure.

Edie p- Wow rude

sales on that Defenders book will be interesting, since the wished-for "TV bump" seems imaginary

>an ancient master of mysticism turns evil by crafting a spell to give hemorrhoids to people who piss him off
... Fuckin', comic books.

Okay, I'll play. What are the reagents required to craft an Inflict Hemorrhoids spell? What's the range on one of those? Is it a beam or a cone? What level do you need to be to cast it? What's the epic level variant, Greater Mass Hemorrhoids?

WHY DON'T YOU GO PLAY SOME FUCKIN D&D NERD

we would have such a fun tabletop group

>reagents
Strange and presumably the Ancient One get magic by appealing to one of the Vishanti.

Trailer for Black Panther alongside World of Wakanda being cancelled brings home Marvel's synergy problem.

HA! Called it!

Your forgot the other Black Panther comic that got cancelled a week or two ago

TES is dead.

GotG2 being out didn't sell any of its comics, did it?

I don't remember the ancient one being this pervy but I guess fucking your apprentice is some sorta sorcerer tradition.

I'm gonna go chug some bleach until that mental image goes away though.

Yeah but this is literally "Wow movie Wakanda looks really cool" within days of "Comics Wakanda is fukken dead"

nah they all sold horribly, didn't the last run of Star Lord go below 15k?

Damn, the when the bugs came out I thought NOW was going to be Scott's time to shine.

No Parker in front Weird.

nice of them to give Carol a Hal Jordan costume

that sweater is amazing

Game looks fucking horrible.

No love for Piano Player.

this lineup looks like poop desu

thanks for reading, owls. no storytime tomorrow, should be back with the ???? ALL-NEW DOOP on whatever day that is

Not good to be announced on the back of an amazing Tekken in competition with what looks like an amazing Dragonball fighting game.

My god, what Tekken are we up to by now?

I might have played too much TTT in college

NITE

Yeah, but there's something about the trailer that I found really laughable, like it was done so amateurishly. Same with Fire Emblem Warriors.

7. It's fucking incredible, there's a "Press F" scene for throwing your baby off a cliff. I played Tag Tournament a lot in uh, Middle School?

Well, at least it's not "I threw the wrong baby in the fire"

I think they cancelled them all before the movie came out. Except for Rocket though, because that just started