Star vs. Jackie's Intro Exclusion

Be honest, if she went away for good, would anyone really care in the long run? Fans who liked her would bitch for like a day, then continue watching. Like 90% of the stuff happening in the show has more potential/is more interesting.
strawpoll.me/13184041

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GPiE1NZOY5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bye Jackie, now no one will "get to know you better"

Star, you have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

Well, I'm a total Starco, but I would still feel bad for Jackie. She seems like a nice person, even if she's a bit boring for the show for now

I get the sentiment of being boring, but I honestly don't really feel she's any more boring than the rest of the teen cast. Tom, Kelly, Janna, and Pony Head don't really do much for me either.

I'd rather see Glossaryck, the Royal Family, and the rehabilitated MHC.

But Jackie isn't any worse than the other teens on any front other than getting in the way of a ship, and even by that metric Tom should be scrutinized too.

I do not care for Jackie in particular, the only things I care about are
>Star does not win the Marco bowl
>Star continually pines for Marco and no one else

Jackie is really good about making the feeling flow, though

All Earth characters were excluded from the intro except Marco and Janna.

>shipping bait OP

Changing the topic, it looks like Marco is going to live in the castle for the summer, if only part of it.

Nah, Tom plays a role of an "angst teen with anger issues"
While Jackie, if Starco happens, will be in a role of being rejected by Marco, while being nice and sopportive to him.

But what makes Janna special

Also Buff Frog is not there either. Maybe Jackie and Buff Frog make a really unlikely dynamic duo and Jackie can teach BF's tadpoles to skateboard, now that they have legs

Or something

So am I in the minority that likes her? She's supposed to be the aloof one, and she's actually a pretty cool character. I feel like they should give us a further look into her love of sports and elaborate that, being one of her largest character trsits, and then from there maybe shed some light on the rest of her character.

If Starco happens, Jackie will be in a role of not existing

Most of S3 is likely to be off-Earth based on the intro.

Somehow Janna tags along with them.

>this comic
bless you user

How is Jackie aloof? I mean unless the chillness is, to some degree, a facade

>what makes Janna special
that's actually an interesting question and I wonder, how writers are gonna aswer it

>Jackie can teach BF's tadpoles to skateboard

I didn't know I needed this

its pretty much because because 90% of starco shippers are women, spics, manchildren or any combination of the three basically meaning they cant handle the bantz. seeing as how a lot of people here have been taking the piss out them with cuck posting and other forms of bantz since mid-end season 2 they finally get to be on the giving side and are taking it out on jarco. I dont really care who wins since marcapoo is completely off the table and thats all I like so I'm just here for the new bantz that will be created in S3

My point was on the rejection fact being unfair yet too real, looking at real life

Like, Buff Frog can show up to warn Star about something, only to see she and Marco aren't there. That's where he meets a broken Jackie, rejected and upset her 3 closest friends are off adventuring in other dimensions.

Then Buff Frog takes her along.

It just depends on your perspective as to whether you like her.

Jackie doesn't have any real character flaws as of yet. She has a chill/relaxed personality, she comforts/consoles Marco whenever he spergs out due to his insecurities/social anxieties instead of just reacting with disgust/hostility, she was perfectly fine with Star tagging along on her date with Marco when you'd expect most GFs to be jealous/pissed. She's a great girlfriend.

This makes her a boring character. The lack of character flaws means there's no room for character development, so she looks flat. Reacting sensibly/maturely means there's less chances for drama. It also makes her hard to relate to, since most IRL people have flaws of some sort, and generally don't like looking at people who don't have those flaws. This is exacerbated by the fact she's the heroine's love rival.

Naturally, people don't like the character. Not because she's done anything wrong, but because (1) she's not interesting from a work-of-fiction standpoint, and (2) she stands in the way of the heroine's romantic sub-plot.

But IRL, character flaws aren't a good thing. Real-life isn't fiction, dealing with real drama is a hassle, dealing with shitty people is much harder than watching shitty people be shitty. IRL Jackie would be a great person to be around. People as understanding/mature/relaxed as her are uncommon for a 14-year-old, but certainly not non-existent (e.g. I knew 2-3 back in high school).

That's part of what causes the divide here. Jackie story-wise is boring/hindering the plot, Jackie person-wise is great.

should i watch this show solely for the reason that my name is marco?

if it makes it easier to self-insert

If you're not afraid of developing peculiar tastes, go for it.

She does have a flaw - she's rather boring as a girlfriend (at least at this point of her character development).
I literally experienced having this type of a girlfriend and it gets boring to spend time with her after two-three months

I get it, I just don't see the "no room for development" part.

Flaws can still be introduced without being shoehorned. This can be explained as Marco has still pedestaled Jackie, so he still sees her as perfection incarnate.

On top of that, she's had no plot-related reason to worry for her own sake, until Starcrushed.

With new emotions comes new potential vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

how does she sit down?

>Jackie becomes Buff Frog's waifu
>raises his tadpoles to be super nice, breaking the stereotype that all monsters are evil
>tadpoles grow up by the time the series finale/big battle happens
>fight Toffee with the Mewmans

Where were you when Jackie helped defeat the forces of evil by becoming a slut for slavic frog cock?

bleeding-edge

i think reading too much into intros is always dumb so I don't really give a fuck that Jackie isn't in it when characters like Toffee in a physical form and the MHC aren't either. to some extent when it comes to the 3rd season the intro feels like the least important part anyway-- if you've watched this far already I don't think these 40 seconds are going to make or break your experience

I do like Jackie but I'll only be pissed about her not being featured in the upcoming seasons much if the breakup or her character in general is written poorly. like she suddenly becomes superbitch to Marco to justify it or something.

but other than that there's just so much plot stuff going on that's way more interesting to me that I just can't care much about shipping/Earth stuff, and unless they really change things up Jackie is too closely connected to both

(I don't ship starco either)

>aftermath of starcrushed reveals that Jackie isn't as chill as we like to believe

But she wouldn't be boring IRL. It's not like she doesn't have any fun hobbies you could do together (e.g. skateboarding).

She's only boring in-show in comparison to Star and her fantastical adventures.

this pic always makes me thing she'd using those scissors killer bee style

youtube.com/watch?v=GPiE1NZOY5Y

She doesn't sit down. She hangs upside-down on walls from her thigh-spikes.

thanks user now I ship that

She can't, she just planks everywhere.

My friend's gf is like that and they've been together for years, so I'd say it's a plus for some.
Being too OK about things as Jackie seems to be may bring the cons of becoming a push-over, though.

Sorry, I meant more "chill" than "aloof".

>Being too OK about things as Jackie seems to be may bring the cons of becoming a push-over, though.
But Marco's really agreeable too, I can't imagine him pushing too hard on anything Jackie would give the slightest resistance too.

Real question is why fucking Kelly? Literally who as fuck.

So, God Hand Star vs Devil Hand Ludo WHEN?
youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU

Fucking stop it with your anime shit.

Janna is one of Star's best friends, like probably ahead of Ponyhead by now but still behind Marco

also she is probably gonna rape a demon prince

>god hand
>anime
????????

also this

Even Adam's happy

>aishordonia
literally who

You seem upset user-kun

>didn't notice that Adam liked the pic

Jackie doesn't really need to be made into more of a character unless she gets involved in more adventures. She's there to show Marco's growth. She's just a plot device and honestly that's fine. If Star and Marco do get together I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather they find it awkward and decide being friends was better for them. Otherwise it's a "Go out with your best friend" thing and that's pretty boring.

Adam and Nefcy like most Star vs shit under the sun and its fucking instagram.
Likes dont mean much

It's just frustrating when it seems like literally every other major teen character gets to be more fleshed out and remain friendly with the main cast.

Adam likes a lotta shit, and everyone knows he's about his Starco.
Now if he posted something about it specifically, I'd be getting suspicious.

Basic Bitch Anime Defense League in full force today

Back to with you

You mean and

if yer THIS desperate for (you)s just ask next time, honey.

I know you're baiting so here's your last (you) from me but be careful some may think you actually care

(thou)

where's that one pic from moot when you need it

thankya heka

I know which one you mean but I don't have it so take this one as a substitute

What's with the obsession with trying to make Jackie more interesting?

If she isn't interesting already, what could compel you to want her to be better?

Purely her looks? Because that's what it seems like.

It's okay user, I have it.

pic related

how about anything other than her just being a normal boring teenager?

That didn't answer my question.

What's so important about her that they have to develop her/make her more interesting instead of going the easier route and just dropping her from the show?

If no one's going to care one way or another what the fuck happens to her, why even try?

Just get rid of her

I want to see Buff Frog as Eclipsa's second-in-command.
Jackie could get involved with that somehow, if there's anything relevant on Earth now that Star and Marco aren't on it.

Maybe Eclipsa could even turn her into Star's dark magical girl rival for Season 4.

>If no one's going to care one way or another what the fuck happens to her
if people are vocal enough about wanting her to chase, people care

They had an episode where they seemed to try to flesh her out, but Star would take the spotlight. When they went down the river she mentions that she was there, but Star goes on with her story and when we get to the concert get more singing with Star for her favorite song instead of Jackie. That's what made me think the writers didn't really want us to care more for Jackie as her own character, aside from being this chill dream girl chick for Marco. That or miss read that.

I mean Jackie would have the most relevance of all the remaining Earth characters, even more than Marco's parents

But that's not really saying much...

Well it failed for some. They shouldn't have tried at all if that was their intent. Their half-assed attempts made arguably the biggest split in opinion on any issue in the damn fanbase

I came here to laugh at you.

>easier route and just dropping her from the show

How is that easier? She's not just some rando like Alfonso or Ferguson who literally had no reason to exist in the first place. She has a purpose and has been a critical element in plenty of episodes. If she really didn't matter she would probably have just been dropped in S2. Star could have confessed her feelings without some kind of column of cucking like Jackie around. Fuck, they probably could have gone and seen love sentence with Alf and Ferg and it would have had a similar ending.

Jackie's purpose was to help Star realize her feelings. She did not show up in a meaningful capacity in any episode that didn't involve that.

Her purpose has been served. Her feelings after the fact are irrelevant.

She's weird.

Fuck star, if any girl from the show could be real I would pick jackie. She's more womanly than star ever will be.

prepare to get very uncomfortable

>jackie loses her shit in public

>Marco breaks up with her, realizing he loved what he thought she was, not for who she is

>awkwardness with star

>Hating anime on a anime website

They've yet to actually define Kelly's character very well, meaning she could be anything the writers want to make her.

Realize her feelings my ass. You can tell that she is decent friends with her, and Star said she knew the feelings were there for quite a while and just waited till they went away.

>Jackie
An awesome person
A shit character

Reminder that everyone who hates jackie is a starco cuck and I'm not even into jarco.

Wow, Jackie rightly getting a little pissed is seen as a negative trait
i.e. easier than doing anything interesting with Jackie

I kinda feel bad for Jackie cause she's just this chill girl who kinda got swept up in Marco's Marco-ness and is just going along for the ride, and now it's seeming like their relationship isn't even gonna last that long. I don't think she "deserves" him or anything, their relationship just seems like a pretty ordinary teen fling, but it's gotta suck to have this guy be so totally into you and then suddenly another girl starts yanking him away from you right as you start to warm up to him and get close.

Just sucks all around.

From Star's perspective that's kinda what was happening with him dating Jackie, though in her case it's more that she took Marco and his attention for granted and didn't realize how she felt til it was too late.

>battle for mewni airs while I'm on vacation

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's why we can sympathize with Jackie. While her situation regarding her life/economic status is purely speculation at this point, it must be hell to do all you can to have a nice, loving relationship, only for someone you have no chance of competing with to take him away from you. She was promised that he'd try to get to know her better, something that I speculate few people do, which is why she took it so close to heart.

I expect some type of insecure Jackie to come out of hiding soon.

>Battle for Mewni airs while I'm in Echo Park, California
>wasn't even planned this way and I normally live halfway across the country
WOOOOOO

Will you also eat nachos at the park

>But what makes Janna special
Marco and Janna will end up together.

Why else would their characters fit together so perfectly? Even their color schemes are perfectly complementary.

Probably
Not exactly an apt location though since most of the season won't even be in Echo Creek, and no characters of importance will be except Jackie.

>Battle for mewni airs after I start my new job and will be able to afford cable

It's just a sad situation for three people who didn't really do anything wrong and didn't mean to hurt each other to be in. That's why it's so good.

The irony is that things ended up "Too Little, Too Late" for Jackie instead of Star.

can someone post the fixed version please?

>That's why it's so good.
Eh, but it's obvious who gets the most screwed in the end, not even in her life but in the context of the show itself

Lurk more