youtube.com/watch?v=WsQVdrillxA
youtube.com/watch?v=1wMvv924Gks
youtube.com/watch?v=0k3pWvBmL9M
youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI
youtube.com/watch?v=BXbL0iukdCo
youtube.com/watch?v=dn-snZKjd1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

she wasn't even good as Storm

I never understood why people think X2 is better than The Last Stand. Neither are some great movie, but I always liked X3's sense of finality. It had a real impact on the characters

>Spider-Man 2 still over Spider-Man
I'm disgusted with you people.

does this even count? I thought DC disowned it before it even came out and it's just Catwoman in name only. My vote's for Electra it was so boring I fell asleep and even Green Lantern couldn't do that

My bottom five, not counting direct-to-video, from least worst to worst
5. Tranktastic 4
4. Superman IV the Quest for Peace
3. Blade III
2. Catwoman
1. My Super Ex-Girlfriend

I feel like some of these are lower than they should be but I can't complain too much.

X2 was a solid movie and X3 was garbage.

Put Avengers in low tier and Man of Steel in mid

I'd bump Spider-Man 3 to at least Low (and maybe X3 to Garbage), but looks alright otherwise.

> Batman & Robin
Worst movie of all time...
> Superman 4 - The Quest for Peace
> Trank-Tastic 4
> Catwoman

This is worse than all of those.
Try it and see.
Also, the OP's tiers can suck a dick.

OP forgot Supergirl (which should go in Satanic).

>any X-property above Blade

>Days of Future Past
>aka "lets see how many plot holes in our continuity we can make"
>god tier

Some motherfuckers always trying to iceskate uphill.

>What's the worst superhero movie?

It's fucking CATWOMAN

There isn't even a discussion. It's fucking CATWOMAN.

Welcome to Sup Forums !

This place is full of plot holes...

>What's the worst superhero movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=WsQVdrillxA

only people who haven't subjected themselves to My Super Ex-Girlfriend think like this.

It's inarguably worse.

OP Fuck off man, Blade Trinity, X3 & especially Spider-Man 3 aren't a fucking 10th as bad as the rest in the satanic section.

Yeah Ryan & Parker Posey ruined Blade 3 but it still had a fucking epic Dracula design and a solid role for Biel.
Superman 4, B&R have NOTHING

No the knife speedster & the use of Mig-29's makes it vastly better then B&R, Superman 3 or 4, Catwoman, Electra and Trank's F4.

Yeah they both blew but at least Last Stand had some good battles and two good scenes (wing grinding and the final shot of Magneto).

It's been a long ass time since I've super ex gf, but at least I know for what that got Bad it did not get Wrong.

Whoever wrote the catwoman movie's story has never read any comic about catwoman.
It was clearly someone who saw Batman Returns and went "okay so Catwoman is about this woman who gets bullied and then dies and gets cat powers from magic street cats" and then took liberties WITH THAT IDEA.

No plot holes except that future Wolverine having his metal claws back which can be explained in that Magneto probably reattached them.

Someone tell me how bad Steel was.
No, not Real Steel, the Rock-em Sock-em Robots movie, I mean the one with Shaq.

>DOFP and Winter Soldier that high
>Batman Returns and Blade not on God Tier
>Spider-Man 1 on the same spot as Avengers, Iron Man and fucking Deadpool

Also, both Batman 89 and Batman Begins should be a spot lower
And Spider-Man 3 is not even remotely as bad as the rest on Satanic Tier, it should be Low Tier.

Pretty okay list otherwise.

>Goyer flailing around trying to direct his own garbage
>Ryan Reynolds hamming it up to levels not even thought possible.
>Wesley Snipes ignoring his own scenes, cooperating only as contractually obligated.
>Dracula practically squatting in a jogging suit.

No. Just No.

>Batman 89
>God tier

That shit ain't as good as people remember.

X2 had nothing but good action.
Opening with Nightcrawler, Wolverine killing spec ops, Magneto busting out of prison, adamantium room fight, etc.

Thoughts on The Specials?

youtube.com/watch?v=1wMvv924Gks

Spider-man 2 has a stronger narrative and pacing, you fucking contrarian.

It's hard to hate Steel, Shaq can't into acting but he legitimately tries, and it was made on a pathetic budget.

My Blade

>spider-man 3 worse than amazing spider-man 1 and 2
>spider-man 3 worse than fucking bvs and man of steel
maybe i just think people are too hard on spider-man 3, but putting it on the same level as fucking catwoman and fant4stic is just kidding yourself.

DoFP is a good movie.

There are two things about it I don't like. Firstly, that it messes up the chance at a fresh start First Class gave us. The X-films really needed a hard reboot.

Secondly, the last battle takes place entirely without Wolvie's input. Once he's crammed full of rebar and tossed in the river he's not doing anything and Kitty's still keeping him in the past while the future mutants "hold the line" when it doesn't need holding at that point.

And 1 didn't have anything near as retarded as Spider-impotence you fucking sheep.

And it's theme during the opening credits was fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=0k3pWvBmL9M

Is is good, just overrated. It's admirable mostly for how it changed the industry's opinions towards cape films, but the movie itself is a mess that's redeemed through phenomenal set design and the two main performances.
Tim Burton himself didn't like it too much (mostly because WB executives were breathing down his neck and rewriting the script at every turn), which is why he wasn't going to do the sequel until he was offered full creative control.

>Captain America: The First Avenger
>Rated lower than Wonder Woman
Not to say that WW is a carbon copy of it, but they share a lot of elements and First Avenger is at least on par with WW for me. It deserves High Tier for youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI and what comes before/after alone, and that's without mentioning how well the movie plays within the series, which Wonder Woman might end up on doing, but is hard to judge without most of the other movies out yet.
(Star Spangled Man and Cap's subsequent disillusionment is a hate to say it but stark contrast to when Tony was seen putting on the same kind of show, while Steve moved past it.)

Fuck off, you have no idea what you're talking about.
I'd take Batman and Robin and any of the Superman movies over that piece of garbage.

>stronger narrative
That's focused on Peter? Sure, but the pace and complexity of the multitude character acts of the first while still retaining a unified direction has yet to be topped.
Ben, May, Mary Jane, Norman, Harry and Peter are all significantly involved in a building storm around their lives and not just background parts of a conflict.

You can especially get fucked if you think Doc Butterfingers has a stronger antagonist role than Green Goblin.

Fixed

what about the punisher?

Worst thing Guardians is is just a silly generic action film, B&R and Superman 4 are incompetent in EVERY SINGLE facet of their existence.

Which of the three?

What about the plot hole of a girl with intangibility powers suddenly able to send people's minds back in time.
Or how Charles and Magneto building cerebro together was a big deal in X1-2 but he never helped build it cause he was always in prison.
Or how they made a xgene neutralizing formula back in the 70s thats never brought up. Also said neutralizing formula can also cure leg paralysis cause this drug does-it-all.
Or how the government had mutant detecting equipment since the 70s despite that not being a thing in movies that take place later.
Or how studying mystique was the key to giving adaptive abilities to the sentinels, when her shapeshifting powers were never about adaptability.
Or how sentinels were apparently close to being developed in the 70s but were never a thing setup or shown in any movies that take place in a later date.
And prolly TONS of other plot holes that I don't recall off the top of my head.

Guardians IS the definition of being incompetent in every way, you retard.
B&R and Superman movies are at least good for a laugh.

2004 Punisher is Mid TIer

> 89
decent
> 04
decent
> War Zone
decent

No animated superhero movies? Cause mask of the phantasm, under the red hood, and the dark knight returns are better than most of those movies, that's not even mentioning stuff like gods and monsters (mexican superman is just a funny concept), justice league movies (not new 52), superman/batman movies also shazam, gotham knight, superman vs elite and unbound, all star superman, batman year one. Hell there's a lot trash there too but still, I'd argue that many of the best superhero stories are from dc animated.

Pretty good.
Where do pulp hero movies fit on this ?

The Schumacher Batman films are reasonably good movie send-ups of the old TV show.
They just weren't advertised as such, and caught audiences who were craving more Burton by surprise.

As Man of Steel demonstrated, audiences do not care for the old Bait-and-Switch.

Phantom is High Tier

Also pic related, just a funny movie

> Shadow
Good
> Rocketeer
Decent
> Phantom
Meh

Well, the Rocketeer belongs more on a list of movies like "Romancing the Stone" and "Indiana Jones" but I'd personally put it on high tier because it's great at what it's doing.
The Phantom I haven't seen in a very long time, and I don't think I ever watched Shadow so I can't say.

Actually, if these belong here, would Louis de Funès' Fantômas movies?

The only one I've seen is the Rocketeer, which would be high tier.

From what I've seen personally?

Suicide Squad

What about Darkman?

>You can especially get fucked if you think Doc Butterfingers has a stronger antagonist role than Green Goblin.

GG has no natural motivation after taking out the board members, you retard. And Spidey doesn't have an arc after the origin portion. He just reacts to whatever nonesense Goblin is up to.

>Muh logic in capeshit

While we're at it, a genetically enhanced Spider granting someone powers makes even less sense.

Both of you just want to sound cool because you think the less popular choice is somehow better.

All of them. Literally every single one ever made. Sup Forums needs to leave.

>capeshit
And opinion discarded.
Keep pretending that it wasn't a shitty subplot that existed only to pad time and make the movie more frustrating to watch.
>hurr you can only have an opinion if it's popular, otherwise you're just pretending.
Just get cancer.

The Rocketeer is God Tier. It's the best at capturing the source material while making it feel lively and fresh, and overall it's the best movie of the bunch.

Phantom is Mid bordering on Low. Same as Dick Tracy. It's fun but there's not much else to it.

The Shadow is Mid, bordering on Good. It could, and it should, have been God Tier if only it had the right tone, a much stronger script and characters and probably a different director. They bit off more than they could chew by trying to cram all 4 Shiwan Khan pulps into one movie. As a huge Shadow fan it hurts to say but although I like this movie I really wanted it to be much better than it is and I understand why it bombed (it didn't help that it had to compete with Lion King).
This is a much better Shadow movie

Atleast there is a character arc going on. I ain't going around saying Spider-man 2 was a masterpiece, idiot. But atleast the protagonist and plot are moving beyond the first 30 minutes. There's nothing of value going on in Spider-man 1 between Peter officially becoming Spider-man and Osborn's death.

You hipster retards should just neck yourselves.

>GG has no natural motivation after taking out the board members, you retard.
Get fucked you ADHD addled imbecile.
Norman is specifically shown to be overworked, under appreciated and obsessive well before the Goblin incident, he didn't go forward with the experiment just to kill the idiots on the board he did it so all of his efforts would finally pay off. Its success drove him to abandon all restraint and further pursue his whims through a show of force, Spider-Man gets in the way and that's where he resolves to turn him or torture him for opposing him.

I can't take someone who pays so little attention remotely seriously, especially when they bring up a villain lacking proper motive and like SM2 where the only motive is evil tentacle puppets.
Otto wasn't overworked before, he wasn't under appreciated a gallery of people showed up to observe his latest invention, he was not obsessive he was calm and composed. Fucking hell he even had a happily married wife who wasn't subjected to any of the abusive tendencies Harry faced.
She even dies as an attempt to throw on some weight for Otto's turn but he never mentions afterward. He's only interested in rebuilding his shitty machine, and deflects blame of its failure to Spider-Man for completely illogical reasons, Spider-Man isn't even interfering with his primary goal he just keeps coming after May, Peter and Spider-Man because Harry points him in the general direction and the plot handles the rest. Goblin had a clear reason to gun after everyone he does when he learns of their connection and involvement in trying to stop his goal of conquering the entire city through terror, not just making a fusion reactor in bumfuck nowhere.

People were blinded by the bigger peaks of action, comedy and dramatics in SM2 but as a movie and story it does not nearly come close to SM1.

Wow, a shitty character arc. The movie is so much better now. Fuck off, retard.

You retards screeching "contrarian" and "hipster" every time someone disagrees with your sacred opinions need to jump headfirst into the woodchipper.

Very VERY Satanic movie :/

why do people dislike Elektra? What did they expect out of that movie that it didn't deliver?

>Days of Future Past
>Winter Soldier
>God Tier
Why? Days of Future Past especially shouldn't be there. It's overrated as fuck.

>God Tier
Batman 66
Batman Begins
Batman Returns
Superman
Superman 2
X2
Logan
Iron Man
Return of the Caped Crusaders

>High Tier
The Dark Knight
Batman
Spider-Man 2
Wonder Woman
Lego Batman
First Class
Captain America
Thor
The Avengers

>Mid Tier
Blade
Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises
Blade 2
Ant-Man
Winter Solider

>Low Tier
Civil War
Doctor Strange
X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy
Age of Ultron
Origins Wolverine
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Days of Future Past
Superman Returns

>Garbage Tier
Deadpool
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Man of Steel
The Wolverine
Apocalypse
Hulk
Suicide Squad
Iron Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man

>Satanic Tier
The Incredible Hulk
Superman 3
Batman Forever
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Daredevil
Fantastic 4
Rise of the Silver Surfer
Superman 4
Blade Trinity
Batman & Robin
Spider-Man 3
Elektra
Fant4stic
The Last Stand
Catwoman
Watchmen
Batman v Superman

There's you're objective list.

Replace Iron Man 1 with Spider-Man 1 and 2 and this is the most accurate list possible

Again I must object to Spider-Man 3 and Last Stand being in Satanic.

That's just not fair, m8.
This is literally a shameless attempt to get some of that sweet Avengers dosh made by a greedy Armenian fuck known for making comedies that would make Adam Sandler's look like intellectual cinema and who never had an original idea in his life.
Most bad movies there are bad because the director's vision wasn't good enough for critics and/or masses or because of executive meddling. This was bound to be a disaster from the start.

You sure that's not /mlp/?

Blade Trinity wasn't that bad. Ryan Reynolds made it pretty enjoyable.

Ryan Reynolds has only made two movies enjoyable in his entire career, and that wasn't one of them.

>78 replies
> No mention of Ghost Rider and the sequel

Too forgettable.

I actually like the second Ghost Rider. The effects
looked really good. It's not a great movie, but it's some fun schlock.

I would argue that Iron Man 2 was better than 3 and 3 belongs in garbage tier.

No

Is the other one Waiting? I liked that one.

>Incredible Hulk
>Garbage Tier
i'll never understand this

>Ant-Man in low tier
the hell?

Ant-Man was great

desu I actually really enjoyed that movie. then again I saw it as a kid and have shut tastes.
at the very least there were elements I really appriciated

I'd divide all superhero movies between garbage and satanic tier.
They are all formulaic, committee-made, focus tested samey trash.

The fact that Winder Soldier and DOFP are considered god tier, or that Avengers and Blade are in high proves how much of a joke these movies are.

Why does everyone hate Superman 4? It's fun. It's not at all good, but it is fun.

>Logan
>God tier

When will this meme end?

>likes Batman 66 but hates B&R
Holy cognitive dissonance Batman!

>GOTG
>High tier

>The Rocketeer is God Tier. It's the best at capturing the source material while making it feel lively and fresh, and overall it's the best movie of the bunch.
My brother.
youtube.com/watch?v=BXbL0iukdCo

>First Class
>High Tier

I have never seen Elektra, wasn't it worse than this?

>would Louis de Funès' Fantômas movies?
iirc Fantomas is the villain and the heroes don't really qualify as "super" in any way.
Maybe the various Arsène Lupin movies would qualify more.

Uhhhhhhh where's Ghost rider??!!

>>Dracula practically squatting in a jogging suit.

....but that would actually be good.

Even in German it was pretty brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=dn-snZKjd1Q

Surprisingly good list, OP. No real WTF choices, most I'd argue is for 2-3 movies to shift up or down one rank.

Worst superhero movie? I'd go with Catwoman, but I haven't seen Fant4stic.