WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT BATTLE ANGEL HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW THE TRAILER AND CREAMED MY FUCKING PANTS

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT BATTLE ANGEL HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW THE TRAILER AND CREAMED MY FUCKING PANTS
i want to fuck alita

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A
youtube.com/watch?v=kyjpT2d4Uy8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We talked about it and the general consensus is it looked like shit.

We all liked how clean and pristine the city built in a garbage dump looks.

We commented on how giving gally huge googly eyes is idiotic and a total misunderstanding of the source material.

> We

You have to be a fucking moron to think that looks good. This is a monumentally retarded design decision.

Can't wait to see alita panzer kunst the Fuck out of some motorball gangsters

Haha, yeah, huge eyes, e-e-everyone hates those. Haha.

>We
Well, obviously not you, as you weren't here for it. Just "we" as in the people around for the original rounds of discussion.

I'm sorry, but is your attempt at a counter argument an alien life form not looking human? Do I have the correct gist of your statement?

Sup Forums didn't talk about it, not really. You must be tourists from Sup Forums that came over for a thread. You're autistic enough to have read the source material and have an opinion as if that matters. Sup Forums is James Cameron terrority so go back to

Huge eyes on regular humans look just looks wrong. As i have noticed you provided your argument with an image of another character with big eyes, though i must inform you that here we deal with a blue humanoid female catgirl alien. You dense motherfucker.

>anyone who isn't blindly praising this horrid looking trailer is Sup Forums

this weak shit has never flown, sorry son.

Also its rodriguez in creative control, not cameron, you can close your mouth, stand up, and take off the kneepads.

Alita is not a human being, she's a battle/sex droid

Shes a cyborg that, in the source material, was all but indistinguishable from human.

She's not a regular human. Not that it matters, huge eyes are pure sex.

> t. Sup Forums tourist
GET OUT. You read/watch big-eyed girls all the fucking time and then suddenly someone wants to make a movie with one and you're so ashamed of your fetish you pretend "oh yeah the big eyes don't mean anything the book said everyone had the big eyes"

negro the manga is older than you are.

It was Cameron's decision to make her with big eyes, not rodriguez.

Well then cameron is retarded.

GET OUT

What's more likely is cameron made the call to have gally be 100% CGI because of the number of crucial scenes where practical filming just wouldn't be possible. But since photorealistic human CGI just isn't there yet, they tried to stylize her in order to avoid uncanny valley, and the result backfired and just looks like a down's baby that someone tried to abord with vodka.

> t. roasties mad the main character isn't purple hair in a turtleneck

>has no argument so makes up totally inane strawman

meh, not him, but I'm so sick of capeshit, this looks refreshing. JC has wanted to make this for so many years, and he finally gave in.

>photorealistic human CGI just isn't there yet
youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A

because it looks like absolute garbage

No, this is just fucking Cloud Atlas all over again.

THIS ANIMU ADAPTATION WILL BE SHIT, same with GITS, Death Note, and Dragonball.

When will hollywood give up on this shit already?

You mean he gave it to rodriguez to distance himself from the project.

>tfw only amerigoblins are hyped about this

what does cloud atlas have to do with anything?

JC wrote the screenplay.

The trailer looked more like a teaser than anything. I would wait until a real trailer drops.

That part in the trailer where the cyborg grabs her throat and she immediately throws him down right through the floor was kino.

just look at that spacing

Cloud Atlas suffered from a bloated, meandering screenplay.

> reddit spacing

This. Cameron hasn't had a good teaser trailer since T2

There's a webm of this somewehere

Yeah people forget the original Titanic and Avatar teasers were poorly received.

>a bloated, meandering screenplay

And so will Alita, because it's bland and too-weird sci-fi that will make no sense, it's gonna make Valerian look more watchable.

>When will hollywood give up on this shit already?

Not until they fuck up up something truly sacred, like Cowboy Bebop or Gundam.

Yeah who is this James Cameron guy anyway? Is he the guy who made that weirdo blue aliens movie nobody saw?

Sucks to be you, user.

gunnm is a thousand times more sacred than your normie shit

>truly sacred

Just get fucked. I don't give a shit about Bebop but I've loved Gundam in nearly all its various forms since I was just a pants-pissing child and you know what? I still wouldn't fucking dream of calling it "sacred".

I DOUBLE DARE them to adapt eva, and get someone weird enough to direct that trash (looking at Michael Gondry), also add in some rewrites and reshoots just to make it complete garbage.

maybe the other humans in it have big eyes i dunno

> “hi r*ddit”
Bye r*ddit

>We talked about it and the general consensus is it looked like shit.

No it fucking wasn't you lying piece of shit

>someone weird enough to direct that trash (looking at Michael Gondry)

user anon user if you're going to go retard at all then go full retard

trailer shows only gally has big eyes.

So? That sets her apart.

But john wick is the live action version of cowboy bebop

Keanu was going to be spike before it all fell through
i heard they kept most of the production team not sure if that part is true

Here's how to do Cowboy Bebop right:

>Make a John Wick clone but not too R or NC-17
>Give it a cool sci-fi western theme so most audiences can totally get it and not feel confused, also take some notes from the man from UNCLE movie to make it more fun
>Add in jazz soundtrack from anime
>and get a late-20's to early-30's actor to play Spike, a twenty-something for Faye, a mid-30's or 40's for Jet Black, and a 13-16 yo girl for Ed
>also get people who know the source and know how to make it both faithful and marketable

i don't like that it exists

>Dances with wolves
What its a ripoff of Ferngully the last rainforest.

dances is a rip off of Lawrence of arabia

>Sup Forums is James Cameron terrority
You have to go back

Do you realize he didn't direct this movie?

this looks so fucking stupid
it maybe would work if every single charackter was animated in this style but holy fuck this just looks wrong

I kind of liked the trailer. But I think that's owing more to the source material. I think the lighting and production design has a really generic SyFy channel look (probably owing to Rodriguez) and while I like the design and the "performance" the CGI is undeniably bad.

This needed to be approached the way Matt Reeves approached the Apes sequels - the CGI is photorealistic, the lighting and production design is also very "real" looking as opposed to artistic/cartoony/painterly. They didn't do much in post to drastically alter the coloring or focus and exposure. They lit it to look real, and the CGI looked REAL. They looked like real Apes.

This more than any other film needed Alita to look like a real physical presence (whether human or a robot or a toy) on a real set interacting with real people.

But she looks like an animation. It looks like Roger Rabbit in a way - live action actors interacting with an animated character.

I still have hope - there is a while to release and if the plot is covering what they say it is covering what we've seen in the trailer is a tiny fraction of the opening of the film.

>giant bug eyes
>director who only makes overhyped crap

Yea no interest ya faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=kyjpT2d4Uy8

you could just watch the original here

>english dub

>It's another "Robert Rodriguez directs a horrifyingly ugly CGI clusterfuck" episode

Hollywood can do original shit so they will throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, this anime adaptations is just them trying to find a way to do a successful adaptation so they can basically import shit ton of material from japan and adapt since they can't write original shit for themselves. This is why they keep trying the comic book shit and will keep trying even if Marvel is the only one that can do some decent flicks out of it.

funny how they became more and more watchable,less suffering to watch, though all shit

>Sup Forums is James Cameron
fuckoff shill. appearently you are not Sup Forums resident. Alita was talked to shit when the trailer came out, and the FPBP () already told the consesus.

>shitty big eyes
>female fighter pinocchio -- WOW HOW ORIGINAL!
>late as fuck. Cameron wanted to be pioneer with animemovies? well the oldfuck is late. if he would have made it as early as he announced thats is favourite anime/manga (although, that also told how shitty his taste is), maybe could have been original. After Pacific Rim and Edge of tomorrow, he is no pioneere in anime kino.

fuck off already, Cameron. Also cancel that shity blue catalien franchise no one cares about.
You've done already, step down, give place to young creators, faggot.

>Purple hair in a turtleneck
But we're not talking about Elfen Lied

Which kind of defeats the point of her being disguised

looks weird as fuck for a niche audience that've read the book

idk

he spaced it so you can clearly read it, even with wet eyes, cameronfag, and could understand to fuck off. It seems you cant comprehend the sentence even so.

>No Asians in main cast
>One black guy
What the hell is with Hollywood hating Asians?

CGI looks amateur but I like the big eyes.

>Know the source and be faithful
That's the problem, most people in Hollywood didn't grow up with anime. Yet.
In, say, a decade, a huge number more will be familiar with it.

I'm genuinely HOYP for this. The trailer really hooked me too, OP.

blue shit was sold because 3D gimmick was made right the first time, and praised mediawide. since then happened a lot, and hyping by media will be even counter effective (se SW:TLJ)

Trailer looked neat but god those eyes are terrible.

The only way I'd enjoy the sequel is if it involves humanity going "fuck it, this isn't worth the trouble" and calling Exterminatus before strip-mining the remains and leaving.

>give place to young creators, faggot.
Like you?

WE

fpbp

>Ludo is Christoph the Manlet

My anger can't not be stopped