She-Hulk Thread

Has anything recent happened in her comic or is she still weighed down with "Muh PTSD", also how are her numbers?

12/16 Hulk #1 - 89,810
01/17 Hulk #2 - 32,585 (-63.7%)
02/17 Hulk #3 - 27,968 (-14.2%)
03/17 Hulk #4 - 30,304 (+ 8.3%)
04/17 Hulk #5 – 22,644 (-25.3%)

I only read Totally Awesome so I could not tell you anything about the story.

It's not good.
If you wanted 'serious replace sad banner angry hulk with sad jen angry hulk jen' then the series is taking way to long to give it to you.
Not gonna lie, I mad.

That defeats the purpose of what made She-Hulk so interesting to begin with. She was comedy, she was a whore, she was breaking the third wall before Deadpool made it trendy.

Kind of glad I never picked it up now.

Oh my sweet Summer child, if that antagonizes you, don't get me started on Black Cat.

Well the whole idea is that getting fucked up by the ANTI-THANOS MISSILE (thanks, Bendis) plus learning that Bruce was fucking executed really screwed her up. And, after all, she's a Hulk. When they get screwed up in the head they... react.

The trouble is the comic has been the slowest of slow burns. It took Jen five issues to Hulk out, and people simply lost interest. I really, really do like the idea that beneath all her fun and big boobs Jen can't escape being a gamma mutant and all the baggage that comes with it, but the comic has taken way too long to give us the goods.

How in the HELL did it get a 8.3 increase when nothing Happened?

I want to see 80s comedy fourth wall breaking She-Hulk deal with edgy 90s Deadpool.

Eh, that concept has already been explored in her previous run when she Hulked out on a small town and helped re-build it. She ultimately got over it with self determination and therapy. For the most part she was a fun loving character that was a reprieve from the seriousness of the situation. What they've done to her now is bog her down with PTSD bull under the cover of "Character Development." Now she's just beginning to look like a clone of Jessica Jones with a touch more embitterment.

I am now worried.
I may pick up a trade when it comes out. She is my favorite Marvel female, but the huge 180 turn in tone and personalty was a bit much for my tastes. Character development is good though so I hope some people dig it.
Yes please.

During the Ultimate Spiderman arc, Doc Ock, While Possessing Peter's Body, straight up punches Felicia in the face, takes her to jail, and bankrupts her company by exposing her. She then vows a vendetta against Spider, causing her to become edgy. When Petey does get his body back, she straight up tries to kill his entire family. When he tries to explain to her what happened she does the equivalent of "la la la I can't hear you, you were in the wrong, I am right", not even letting him get a word in edgewise despite him in the past letting her go with all kinds of crap without consequence.
TL;dr She's now a villain

Probably had a variant cover.

Yeah, I understand that it's a pretty major character shift for Jen. But I maintain it doesn't make her like Jessica Jones so much as it just makes her more like Bruce, and so I suppose I have less of a problem with it than some may.

It's been explored before, across lots of books and across years of comics, that all the gamma mutants are just kind of fucked up. Either them being that way from the start is what makes them susceptible to being changed by gamma radiation, or the gamma radiation makes them that way. Bruce, Doc Samson, Blonsky, and so on, all of them screwy. Thinking about it, there's no reason to assume Jen was ever an exception. And we KNOW she isn't, because she's lost her shit more than once in the past. This run is just an evolution of that.

>That defeats the purpose of what made She-Hulk

To be fair, originally She-Hulk was basically just Hulk with tits.

Superior, actually.

Fair point.
I jumped on the bandwagon during Bryne's run. So I am not totally familiar with those older issues.

>tfw evil cruel asshole Black Cat is, in fact, Superior Black Cat

Oh, Slott, you SON OF A BITCH.

Wow, just wow.
I stopped after that arc so I did not really see the aftermath.

Yeah but in her past runs, those are typically resolved rather quickly with her overcoming it in some way. With her current run, they are REALLY dragging their heels on this situation and squeezing the PTSD card for all that its got.

Also I like to think, in my opinion at least, that she WAS an aberrant in which, while she did lose control at times, she was more or less in control of her actions and, oddly enough, kept a chipper spirit about her, making her more lighthearted by comparison to the other Hulks.

In all honesty, I think that the only reason Slott has character assassinated any of Peter's relationships with anyone that he had a chance to hook up with is because Slott was rejected too many times by those he asked to the prom, or maybe was shot down by any sexy cosplayers so he sees Peter's life as an affront to him.

Slott AND Quesada have BOTH self-inserted as Peter now to disastrous effect.

Is this just a thing Spider-Man writers and editors do? Did Ditko do this?

Not too sure about Ditko or Quesada, But it is on record that Slott HATES all of Spiderman's female companions.

Also for your second question.

Slott must have a very low opinion of himself if he self-inserts as Peter but continues to write him as an eternally childish fuck-up. I always thought Otto was Slott's self-insert.

Slott just wants to make a ORIGINAL love interest that he created so he gets royalties and fame. The problem is that all his OCs suck balls. Carlie Cooler sucked (although she was co-created with Quesada) and Silk sucked (granted, her solo was okay. But her first appearance was literally that she accidentally made Peter so horny with her pheromones to sleep with her. Why did Slott ever think this was a good idea? How can he write that on paper and think "Yep, that's great character traits!". WTF Slott?).

What are the odds that the series will live beyond the 12th issue?

>she was breaking the third wall
>third
What in the fuck are they teaching you kids in school these days?

I like the book a lot. The pacing isn't perfect and the build-up could have been shortened by exactly one issue, but I thought it was okay.

HULK #7 STORYTIME

Nico Leon is out

Well, at least she looks like the covers and not a female golum this time.

HOLY FUCK

THE FIRST-EVER TOTAL MONSTER TO JOIN JEN'S ROGUES GALLERY!

The glowing scars are still stupid

So, does Hulk Powder just exist now, or what's the deal with that

yeah i've really enjoyed this run, it did take way too long for her to hulk out but it's different like a character piece, now we are past the first arc i hope it picks up, really don't want it to be cancelled :(

wtf? What happened to the art?

Marvel overshipped in March.

It's something about beautiful people being shallow despite MJ being shallow to hide the insecurities developed from seeing her mother being beaten by her father and being reprimanded for having dreams. Gwen was shallow as fuck and really is only remembered for dying and cucking Peter.

Slott just wants to have his creepy midget Mary Sue be the big love interest. Quesadilla wants his self-inseart to fuck his daughters self-insert.