Starfire 2015 series

I recently went to a family reunion in a city 600 miles from home; while I was there, I stopped by a local comic book store and found this issue of Starfire in one of the boxes. The owner initially asked for a dollar, but almost immediately went to 50 cents before then telling me, I kid you not, "You know what, you can have it." Needless to say, I was happy. Long story short, my knowledge of her came from the original Teen Titans cartoon, and the only thing I heard about this series was that it is it's a soft reboot from her appearance in Red Hood and the Outlaws & that one review called it the road to Rebirth. Can anyone tell me more about this series and whether I should buy the whole series?

I enjoyed it but it does meander quite a bit. It is a fun read but don't expect much out of it. Also it got cancelled so be ready for an abrupt end.

It's a decent lighthearted series part of DC's short lived DCYou line. Worth a look. Any idea why comicbook guy was so eager to give it away?

The entire series is collected into two trades. Just buy it user. I loved it. Even if you don't, the art is great.

It was short and sweet. Sort of series I wish they could have running as a backup in Teen Titans for example, if backups weren't dead now.

It tries a little too hard to emulate the cartoon Starfire but it's cute and sexy. It also brings in Atlee and reveals that she's bisexual and into orgies. But in a cute and sexy way.

No clue whatsoever. I searched in as many long boxes as I could before I left. I did find an issue of a black and white comic called Ninja high school, but I knew even less about it and ultimately chose to put it back.

I liked this too, and i was interested in Redhood and the Outlaws for more of her. Dropped it completely when I saw it was new 52.

It is the best iteration of the character ever and is such shame that was so short lived this run.

was a cute series

Its pretty good but sadly every plot in it is dropped at issue 9 then just good byes so she can rejoin the titans at rebirtb.

As for comic Starfire about the only thing you really need to know is that she is almost never refered to as Starfire instead a shortened version of her real name Kori.

Redhood and the Outlaws was garbage, but it wasn't bad because of the New52. There were plenty of really good New52 comics. The real issue there was the writer, Lobdell.

Anti-hero Starfire was a terrible idea to begin with that was DC.

I'm pretty sure that was a Lobdell idea

They let writers decide who the main character for a book is going to be? Seems a weird way to do it.

writers need to pitch stories

Good Starfire, good art, nice dialogue.
Crap supporting cast, crap villains, crap storyline.
Very unusual combination.

she wears pants

fans were upset

New52 was a complete clusterfuck. Nobody had the faintest idea what was happening so they threw random shit at the wall to see what stuck.

She wears booty shorts and thigh highs.

it was fun and silly