Detective Comics #958 Storytime

Toggam, poob peeb.

"Intelligence" Part One.

Hey Chuck.

I'm not sure how I feel about this continuity's Azrael. He seems so... unnecessary now.

Give him a solo by O'Neil if you're going to revive him. We already have Luke Fox as a tech knight, and nobody can even be invested in him. And somehow Knightfall must've happened without AzBats in the current timeline, so what use is he?

I'm officially over the Cass/Steph friendship. Clayface is the BFF Cass deserves.

Clayface remains the best part of this book.

Deunitnoc Eb To!

Batwoman doesn't eat nachos!

This an established character I am not familiar with or some new character?

Action Comics: Injustice:

He's supposedly from the 90's Azrael series.

So when does the bitching start?

Sup Forums hates Tynion even more than King and Snyder.

I'm not on the Tynion hate train, but I thought this was fine. I'm not super invested in the main plot, but I enjoyed the character interactions.

I can't believe no one in editorial caught that fuck-up.

Basil and Cass doing stuff like this together is CUTE!!!

>Killer Moth
>Not a threat
Mean, Batman. None of them are threats no need to single him out.

Fuck yeah.

What are you talking about?

She's speaking forward, duh.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGG

ym gnikcuf kcid.

I had honestly completely forgotten that she was going to be in this arc. I kept wondering who Bruce was there to see. So this is what not reading solicits feels like I guess?

I didn't like the last arc. Hope this one is pretty good. I'd love for Clayface to finally get one focusing on him but some would argue the one with the Victim Squad was his'

>do you remember I'm a lesbian?

she's worse than Harper

Will Killer Moth ever get some respect?

But Harper/Cass is my OTP

Is really good to see Zatanna on a Bats title, I wonder if she will remember something pre-FP???
Also Cass was really cute in this issue.

this friendship is pure!

i want clayface to stay good and just misunderstood.

>Kate cockblocked by a dying monster

Monsters are the fucking worst.

so, does Clayface know Batman's identity now?

she has always been saying words in the order of a regular sentence, only the individual words are backwards

Textless

Sup Forums told me this book was shit, but it's surprisingly good
I guess it must be all the NOT MUH CASS/STEPH/AZRAEL/TIM/BATS faggots out there

do weird things happen if Zatanna says a sentence made entirely of palindromic words?

better yet, I'd like to see a backwards-rhyming Zatanna/Etrigan mash-up
has that ever happened?

NEXT

Yasmine Putri did a regular DC cover for the first time!

Why is kate joker bleached

Nope. He hasn't gotten his special arc yet.

.... Don't get attached. Don't get attached. If you get attached the eventual tragedy will hurt less.

FIND OUT WHY BATWOMAN DOESN'T EAT NACHOS, NEXT MONTH, SAME BAT-TIME, SAME BAT-CHANNEL!

Very nice.

Do you prefer this kind of Cobblepot? I mean the "Mafia style, club owner that woks as a criminal boss in the background" or the "Criminal" one?

This. This run has done wonders to humanize the character better than decades of villainy.

For once, break the status quo.

>so what use is he?
Tynion's 90s nostalgia wanking

I like him to be a little of both.

I like the mafia "legitimate businessman" but one that has a past as the more straight-forward villain and tries to pretend that didn't happen.

For anyone curious, this is Act I Scene II of Shakespeare's The Tempest

Before Tynion, wasn't Azrael's "madness" caused by religious magic mumbo jumbo, not some AI?

I'm glad we're back to having Killer Moth be a joke villain instead of constantly trying to reinvent him as some edgy new version.

I actually liked this issue a lot more than the past few arcs (we'll see if it holds up)

Ironically I felt like the weakest parts were the ones centered on the Azrael stuff, so we'll see how much of center stage it takes. I still am waiting for the Basil arc.

Tynion has told the same story 3 times now. This book is so bland

This one looks like it might actually be different. I don't see hide nor hair of some bullshit army invading Gotham. (admittedly the new robo-Azrael is uncomfortably similar to that super member of Kane's army. The Arkham Knight ripoff)

>everything Azrael and St Dumas is now tech
Nah mate

hmmm... I prefer another Oswald versions... Like All Star Batman Penguin..

Good friendship, like Steph/Cass.

Can I request a red hood storytime?

It hasn't been ripped yet.

Much less painful than the Steph focused issue.

Jean-Paul is the peaceful guy in the team. Offering advise and standstill in his faith. I like this version because he like Azrael if he wouldn't have died in Post-Crisis. He is mature and capable, having trust in people around him and to himself. Also he is one of few deeply-religous characters presented in a positive manner.

I think the best manner to envision Azrael in DC Rebirth is a war-chaplain.

Nice - I like this interpretation!

I always liked Azrael

I kinda like it. The order as a technognostic cult is fun. Can give us various concepts. I hope they go full DeChardin's Omega Point Theology.

Best pairing

SOLID interpretation. Thanks for this.

...And then have him fight the church of the Shrike

> we're getting more Steph fill-in during August.

SCREAM!

Whiner. The Steph issue was awesome.

Zatanna is super powerful, she took him down with one spell

Is tihs the first mention of Funky Flashman in Rebirth ?

killer moth should get paired with barbara gordon, she can mentor him and make him at least a competent villain

Bump

just wait till he murder-rapes somebody

Did he do that before?

How is it these two are so damn cute?

Cause Cass makes all things cute! :)

Mix it with Hylotheism/Transhumanism and we have our Church of the Future.

No, but the suit of sorrow was magic.

Holy shit, an actually good Cass scene in the whole Nu52?

Wow. Took them like 60 issues of trying but they managed one. Maybe there's some sliver of hope.

>wasn't Azrael's "madness" caused by religious magic mumbo jumbo, not some AI?

It was caused by hypnotic brainwashing that he received as he was born. This is an updated version.

>no post-Tim-death Steph
>Tynion is actually decent again
Wew what a surprise. Now we need to get rid off Batwoman and everything will be good.

Fuck Harper and fuck your OTP.

I'm just happy that Azrael has returned.

Why does Sup Forums hate this book? It's leagues ahead of any crap by Snyder and King even if the ending to the League of Shadows storyline was a bit weak.

Tynion has written a lot of stuff about Harper Row, a bat-character that seems to trigger a majority of Sup Forums. So they have him and all his works.

I dunno about Sup Forums specifically, but the biggest complaint (as opposed to legit criticism) is that "Batman jobs".

Two things that I hate about Tynion. #1 He tells but never shows. Like this issue we see that Cass/Basil are practicing. Why can't we see the start of that? Why must we only see the end result? There are various times he does this.

#2 Weak endings. He nailed the opening arc, but Victims Snydicate and League of Shadows
endings fell flat on their asses. The problem with the former was the antagonists just fell on their asses by the second part, and it was more Stephanie carrying the antagonist role via a conversation we never fully see between her and the First Victim.

For Shadow it's just putting a butt load of shit in the finale when he spent an entire issue of just Ra's/Batman talking. Plus Shiva as an antagonist was weak because it's basically the same exact plot from the first arc. Kill millions to save billions because REASONS. More so we don't even know her full motivations other than that. She just realizes Ra's is going to do something even crazier and decides to do something less than, yet that is crazier than what the Colony does.

ecaf ym ni stit reh