It's not just me right? Tony was being a complete fucking nutjob

It's not just me right? Tony was being a complete fucking nutjob.

You are correct.
He basically made a big deal about what was essentially a non issue.

Everyone was acting like a fucking retard. It made everyone in the first Civil War seem reasonable by comparison.

They made tony an unreasonable nutjob which made carol the clear moral victor, after that they made carol act like shit to even it out.

Unless I missed something happening near the end of it, Carol was completely and utterly in the wrong but Tony went off the deep end instead of trying to prove that her line of thinking was fucked up.

>let's fucking arrest people because someone has visions with no content.

Reminder Miles Morales will be the one to stop evil Captain America.

Pretty much

>Carol was completely and utterly in the wrong

Everything she did was for the good of the majority like any good soldier is trained to do. Tony was bitching about his feelings

>It's okay to arrest people for wrongthink
>It's okay to arrest people for something they haven't done yet.
>It's okay to arrest people regarding the above using evidence from a mutant's power which only one person has and which has been proven to be basically "prediction based on the most likely thing to happen".

I'm also going to pretend that you're acting retarded because no sane person could believe that Carol was in the right. The only question is if Tony went too far in trying to stop her.

>instead of trying to prove that her line of thinking was fucked up.
He tried but she and everyone including Tony himself always bails out.

Um, YEAH....

Bendis was writing him, and one of Bendis' great life pleasures is pissing and shitting all over Iron Man.

I don't know why, but he does. He did it in Guardians of the Galaxy, he did it in Iron Man's own book and he did it in Civil War II.

Fuck Bendis.

CW at least had a decent concept and not-so-clear conclusion with years of repercussions.

CWII was fucking nothing.

Don't be silly, Tony the Futurist wouldn't do something like build a "chaos computer" that runs off weird powers to predict the future.

Oh...hang on..

>Carol was completely and utterly in the wrong

Well, no, not entirely. She did save the Earth by making sure Thanos did not get his hands on the Cosmic Cube.

It's the concept that was handled completely wrong.

"This guy's visions are always 100% correct! Except they are not!"

"This guy's visions are 100% simulations which have a profound psychological effect on anyone who experiences them! Except they are nothing more than simulations his mind created based on all available information!"

Didn't Danvers try to pull a Minority Report?

Wait, when?

Is this about the movies?

The entire concept was Minority Report, except the visions themselves were not always correct - thus invalidating the entire McGuffin.

Saving the world from Thanos doesn't excuse the bullshit she pulled later on, what with her pulling shit like holding people indefinitely without trial and with no substantial evidence. I sure everyone can agree that the whole garbage pile of a book needs to burn though.

I swear to god, if they try to make a movie out of this, I'm done.

>that massive fight where half the heroes sided with carol as she held a presumably innocent woman indefinitely with no proof of wrongdoing because a new inhuman had a vision
>that last issue that was half a shitty fight and half advertisements for future events
>despite fucking up carol manages to fall up and becomes the most popular and influential hero on the planet... in universe... when she's actually a shitty character in a comic that has continuously dropping sales

> It's ok to take preemptive measures to prevent the unnecessary lose of life

See something, say something. Guy saying something happened to be able to see into the future. You claim on wrong think doesn't work when they mitigated natural disasters too.

Natural disasters have nothing to do with anything, we're talking about PEOPLE here and you didn't answer 2 or 3, implying that you're okay with people being arrested for something they haven't done yet on nothing more than someones word that "they're totes gonna do it". even when said word was proven in universe to not be 100% infallible. What the fuck is wrong with you.

>no fuck you, let's just enslave any human who stresses us out or who we can daydream about causing a problem, they're like, worse than hurricanes or whatever
You right now

Yeeeeah, on top of that, it didn't even feel big. No one really fought each other. If there was even a fight, it was mostly between Carol and Tony. It came off more like "Awkward Domestic Disturbance"

>Natural disasters have nothing to do with anything,
They literally do when they comic showed his powers effected those too. You're talking about people and I'M talking about the broader scope.
>and you didn't answer 2 or 3
Nothing says I have to
>even when said word was proven in universe to not be 100% infallible.
I'm sorry, please list off all infallible systems of justice. I'm sure it's a long ass list so take your time

> of shit I don't have an actual rebuttal so I'm gonna claim you said something you didn't to make myself look right

You, right now

If it does happen, it'll probably have very little to do with the story it's based on, and thus will probably be better.

Boo

>Saving the world from Thanos doesn't excuse the bullshit she pulled later on

...Yeeees, it does. One outweighs the other.

However:

>the whole garbage pile of a book needs to burn

Yes. It does.

>half a shitty fight and half advertisements for future events

Lessee... What did we get...

- Monsters Unleashed. Check.
- X-Men vs Inhumans. Check.
- Spider-Man with Cap on the steps of the Capitol; probably from 'Secret Empire'
- Medusa looking scared in Killraven's world
- Miles-Spiderman looking sad and a scene of impaled people overlooked by a Sentinel who's being wrecked by some guy with a pony tail
- Captain Marvel crying at a scene of the Ultron from that one future from Mighty Avengers vol.2 standing over four dead Avengers, including a male Wolverine and the Bruce Banner Hulk
- The original Thor, with Mjölnir, being attacked by Loku wielding All-Black the Necrosword

I dunno, man. It's all disjointed as fuck.

We got to see old man back in his own timeline

Everyone is a nutjob in events.

The whole cw2 "crime prevention" was so retarded that even bendis himself used it as a negative premise on his jessica jones series, with her having to deal with the fallout of carol's failed crime precog project, setting up someone who turned to crime because she was targeted for a crime she didnt do

Wasn't that the point of Minority Report too?

Carol did nothing wrong.

No... the visions were valid, someone just worked his way around it.

That would be much more difficult with Ulysses' visions, since his were so vast and pervasive, instead of narrow flashes.

It just turned out that they were outright wrong sometimes.

And the way it was played off was so fucking stupid and senseless. His mind just processes all that information and builds it into a simulation? A complete, pervasive simulation with personal interaction and everything? Horseshit.

Bendis is a fucking hack.

The genius of Minority Report was that the visions were always correct, it's just that people were being convicted of crimes they haven't committed yet. Then there was the plot with someone using it to get away with crimes. And the psychics being used for their powers but having to basically give up their lives in order to do so.

A lot of great moral grey executed well.

The main bullshit with the Minority Report Inhuman is that Carol is not a good leader nor tactically sound. Sure she's a hot-headed "strong female protagonist" but she's really fucking dumb.

>The Thanos Event
Stopping Thanos isn't bad. It was her execution of taking down Thanos that was the issue. Sure she had her gal-pals+Rhodes(RIP) rush to take him on but Thanos is a known threat that takes a full on Avengers team+ crossovers to take down more often then not. Originally they said that they only had a few hours before he touched down to Earth but that's way more than enough time to have Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Ant-Man, etc for backup especially since they have a living pocket dimension that can teleport anything/body anywhere (Singularity).

>Banner's Death
I know Hawkeye killed Banner but Carol's reasoning is really stupid. So Ulysses's (Minority Report Inhuman) vision says that Hulk kills a good part of the current marvel universe for some stupid reason. Instead of investigating the threat tactfully she brings most of the Marvel Universe that would be killed in the vision anyways. Not only is this stupid because you could be creating a self fulfilling prophecy but if you don't want Banner to hulk out, stop antagonizing him and putting him in a corner. If he could hulk out then her actions only make it worse. Also Miles,Kamala, and Sam acting like children of the corn was weird and stupid because they were friends with Cho at the time and know that Banner couldn't hulk out.

Plus is right. It's not 100% acurate and not only that they know that the future kid's visions could be manipulated by his opinions on people. So personal bias can shape his visions and also cause it to create false positives. Considering that the Inhumans were making a power grab across the world, I would have been hesitant to trust their newest Macguffin. The only reason Carol did is because she's a stooge and a nut for self-gratification.

Ultimates had to go and explain wtf was actually going on in the event for you since the entire thing was retarded.
The holding people indefinitely without trial seems like the sort of thing SHIELD has done in the past but it turns out that Carol was "merely" using such a thing as a threat and the woman being in custody for so long was her trying to stall so that she could figure out why the flying fuck there was no evidence via looking harder for said evidence before she gives up.

For the first half, yes.
Things started to switch around after he analyzed the seer's power and let others look at his findings to see that power's shortcomings, but Carol completely denied it.

It's even worse with one of those tie-ins showed Carol hired a legal department to make sure no one's rights were being trampled. It would mean that as soon as genuine doubt in Ulysses' ability showed up, she stopped them from doing their jobs. She might have been so sure the visions would never be wrong, she only hired them to alleviate worries and never intended for them to do anything in the first place.

They only learned of the possibility he wasn't 100% accurate because of the lady they were detaining for extra long. If Tony had actually bothered to not be drunk and fail at understanding what math is while talking to Carol , or not kidnapped/tortured a random innocent human being when he could have asked for help instead Carol might have actually bothered listening.
The lady was about to be released after one final mad scramble to find anything as they were getting close to the actual legal limit for holding her before her rights were actually trampled.

carol was in the wrong, she represented those who would force us to give up our rights and liberties in the name of safety.

but they made tony look like an extremest who was willing to tear down the entire world to stop something the system could stop.

>human being

They're literally called 'Inhumans', user.

The really stupid part is, Carol was basing precrime off A SINGLE INHUMAN.

Like, this is not something you base government policy on! Ulysses himself outright states "Guys, I don't know how my powers work." Everyone around him goes "Fuck me, what's happening to that guy?"

In the end, Tony is right by default because Ulysses gets taken away by ET. The whole project would have collapsed, unless they cloned the poor bastard or kept his brain in a jar!

So just like every super vs super event ever?

Hey... They need to make this event less one-sided somehow...

Does the one drop rule really apply to inhumans? They diverged way before neanderthals and etc yet we don't consider europeans to be a different species due to their neanderthal DNA.

That's not an unreasonable or outlandish idea in the Marvel universe and Doom did exactly that in an AU.

Man, don't even try to apply real-life genetics to Marvel shit. The House of Idiots has no fucking clue - but then most comic writers don't.