THE BENDEFENDIS #1 STORYTIME OF PURGATORY

Synergy never ends.

>IGH
IT BEGINS

Y'know, I've grown to like Matt's new outfi, even if it's not really that new aside from a color change.

Well, at least the deadbeat dad cares enough to see his ex in the hospital.

>detergent
>detergent?

never lost a beat, bendis

Fuck you Sup Forums. I like this issue. Good Benids here

>The words Diamond and Diamondback are on this spread at least 10 times combined.

I almost through Matt was tossing around Red Hulk for a split second

>Good Benids
No such thing, also

i haven't read defenders yet, can someone bring me up to speed why jess seem to be hostile to luke ?

It's your own choice to storytime the next issues or not at all. May have mercy on you.

Bonus promotional webcomic: DEFENDING THE STREETS

>Not-Pops
Thanks Bendis

>May have mercy on you.
Theresa May?

>not getting the joke/context
Not a proper name.

End of webcomic and TRUE END OF STORYTIME

>ITT

Why didn't they just call it Heroes For Hire? That would actually be appropriate name for the book. I know synergy and all but Netflix show should have been called that too.

Why does every Bendis crime boss do this? Act like they control the streets before people even know who they are, then act outraged that people won't follow orders they've never heard of?

Why doesn't security do anything?

They may be saving Heroes for Hire for a joint Iron Fist/Luke Cage series rather than their "united street heroes" series.

>inb4 written by David Walker

How the fuck does Diamondback know Matt's secret?

How did comic jess got so hot.

Nah, if it's synergy it'll be written by Benis.

Because of what thing that happened to the X-Men? What's he talking about?

>His ex

I haven't been following Luke Cage I guess, when did they break up?

1 to 9 storytime.

>If the Avengers and whatnot are up there, we need to be down here
I've lst track of many times writers have said bullshit like this. As if the Avengers didn't collectively or individually deal with street crime too.

>This is why I'll win
>I'll d this to every one of these idiots who would actually defend this city...
Seriously? That's his grand plan? Take out all superheroes? WHAT AN ORIGINAL IDEA, NO CRIMINAL HAS EVER THOUGHT OF THAT ONE BEFORE.

And why is Black Cat so scared? Surely she could easily kick his ass.

I'm sure they'll spin some shit about street smarts or something but if he's only recently come back from the dead it's possible he wasn't affected by the purple kids changing everyone's mind.

Netflix

It's totally better than MGH!

There's a part of her buried under all the hurt baggage and bad writing that is still a good person, watching a former colleague of hers get brutalized probably isn't something she enjoys seeing.

Also some user made this comment. How is it that Jessica Drew looks more like Netflix's Jessica Jones more than comic Jessica Jones does.

It's kind of amazing they immediately know it's the dead one. No confusion over the Diamondback who's been in comics for the past 3 decades. Immediately knowing the male Diamondback.

So Diamondback wins with unexplained bullshit gas?

Gaydos

That's exactly how both Jesses were drawn in Alias.

This.

That's really the best way to beat Cage, since he has to breathe.

Your right user.

>been thinking about your bulletproof ass
HA, GAY

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, depends on if its attached to a larger story. When Sandman was in the reserve roster he tracked down a nuke with Spider-Man and saved Manhattan. Still got chewed out by Cap and was told they don't do small time stuff and it was best left to a bomb squad. He quit right there.

Oh fuck, he shoved some Tide in that guy's mouth. Badass.

I have no idea what Diamondback is proposing here. I have no idea how he or Black Cat are operating and why they're acting like it's different to how other criminals operate. What exactly does Diamondback think that Black Cat stands to benefit?

More money and not losing a gang war, since apparently he thinks he has the infrastructure to take on Black Cat.

But how would Black Cat make more money? What is Diamondback's business model? He didn't explain it yet he expects Black Cat to fall in line?

That's usually how these things work, yes.

Probably as a lieutenant of his. But yes, he's not going to break out a 10 point plan for her because then she'll know how his business works if she turns him down.

>Carol gets confused and starts flirting with other Jess

He doesn't have to give her the whole picture, but at least explain SOMETHING. You can't just say "I totally have an awesome plan to make money, you can totally trust a criminal that's supposed to have died years ago that you've never met" and expect people to work with you.

This

How does anybody know who Diamondback is? He was a minor thug with a grudge against Carl Lucas.

I didn't know The Pulse was still a thing.

>omega-level superhero
Wait what? What does that even mean?

Eh, not bad.
I mean the artist clearly can set things quickly, it's not decompressed at all and goes straight to the point.

It's basically the last series of P&IF but with Netflix characters. Expecting Cottonmouth, Black Maria and Elektra next. Then Davos and if God is Good the Immortal Weapons.

Well, this is easily the best benis I've seen in a while. No surprise, he's writing his waifus

I'm amazed they never brought up Rachel Diamondback.

omega level is suppose to mean characters with with limitless or grand potential. Luke Cage is not one. He is not even on Thing or colossus's level.

I like Bendis, especially with his pets Ultimate Peter Parker/MJ and Jessica Jones. So we got one of those here, and I like it. :)

Oh, come on, man. Alias and the first 107 issues of USM were really good.

The only order wearing a full habit in the US right with women under the age of 70 is the Dominican Sisters of Mary and they are only in fucking Ann Arbor. I know Marvel is anti-Christian, but get this shit right.

>omega level superhero

When you just wanna make every mutated superhero a mugga, but the editors won't let you.

>salt bae

Didn't Cage go after Doom because he stiff him for $20? kek

>IGH

Oh boy, here we go again. Only this time, it's got the letter I for synergy instead of M.

This is Bendis we're talking about, why are you amazed?