Netfix Witcher Andrzej Sapkowski is not working on the project

jpn.up.pt/2017/12/18/andrzej-sapkowski-oeste-adaptacao-original-nunca-irao-encontrar/

Original interview for those who speak/read Portuguese.

Google translation of the crucial piece(sorry, me no hablo portugal):

>In all adaptations, be it the first or the last, I am never involved in its development. From my point of view, the book is the book and adaptation is adaptation. As Kipling said about East and West: "This is East and West is West, and the two will never meet." The adaptation and the original will never be found. Never. Adapters must be fitted. That's all I have to say about this because, as you may know, Netflix has signed a contract with me where it is explicitly listed that any production information I disclose will result in a severe financial penalty. Which is good for me, because I do not know shit. So I can not say anything.

Seems his "creative consultant" title was just a sham. Netflix hacks are going to make it on their own, as they please.

Before anyone comments "b-but he wasn't involved with the games, desu." Games were made by Polish company, with Polish directors. Not by hacks who bend over for anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0
youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"This is East and West is West, and the two will never meet."
No wiser words were ever said. I'm sick and tired of Western cucks thinking that Slavs are just dumber poorer version of themselves.

He wouldn't have made it good anyway, he has too much pride.

CDPR should have been heavily involved. Instead, one of the greatest fantasy stories of modern times will probably get the Marvel treatment. Great.

What you where expecting somting good ?
HAhaha

who and why should I care?

Because there's a good chance a negro could be Geralt.

IDRIS ELBA BACK ON THE CARDS

Mr. Elba is GOAT

THE BLACK WOLF IS COMING

Seriously, as pole I don't give a fuck about this

Our old low budget series was at least so bad it was funny, this will be just insulting

You get it wrong. He's actually joking:
>I had to sign NDA
>It's fine though as I don't know shit
It's actually pretty typical for his sense of humor. And it was already confirmed that he works closely with Tomek Baginski.
And he's not working on 'adaptation', because he has no interest in this. His role in the team is creative consultant, not a fucking writer, so when somebody in the production wants to talk to him he gladly does so.

You were expecting he's going to write the show? Are you fucking dense?

I don't honestly get it why people would praise Sapkowski like he's a genius, he pretty much ripped off every european folk lore story and mishmashed them together in a fanfic.
The Witcher series is on par with Ready Player One.
I'm not saying that The Witcher is bad, but that the quality of it comes from work other people have done in the past, like Star Wars.

I'd love Elba as a witcher. He doesn't need to be Geralt, but he could get the whole 'no emotions' thing down easy. Plus he has done so much crime stuff now that all the witchery detective work will come so natural.

It wasn't bad. If you overlook the absolute lack of any special effects(because what there is you can't call special effects...), the acting and storytelling were on point in the series. Yes I'm Polish myself, but I know French and British people who love it and have no problems overlooking the cheesy stuff.

>Games were made by Polish company, with Polish directors.
no wonder tw3 was trash

>The Witcher series is on par with Ready Player One.

One episode will be done by Tomasz Baginski and his team so it should be decent

you just love elba because hes black and might not rape you

le spurdo face.jpg :DDDD
you told dem boi

>One episode will be done by Tomasz Baginski and his team so it should be decent
Why is Sup Forums so full of retards?
Baginski himself is going to direct at least one episode each series (considering the fact he's a pretty bad and inexperienced director it's not going to be more than that). Meanwhile Platige Image is going to be involved in the entirety of the production.

why is Sup Forums so obsessed with interracial sex.

the story is shit anyway

only the first book was good

the other were typical generic fantasy lovestory for bookworm grills

Still butthurt afer 3 years...

Also Sup Forums is other way sweetie

The fuck are you talking?

That short about some comet with littlefinger was pretty nice

never played any of the witcher games

Andrzej Sapkowski is a hack and his novels are pretty trash. CDPR were right to do their own thing.

It was literally two people talking on a desert, shot A shot B, CGI. Literally youtuber tier.
Those shorts he did afterwards for Allegro range from acceptable to garbage though.

He meant the media not geographical locations. Poles don't call each other eastern anyway.

>Poles don't call each other eastern anyway
what do they call themselves?

No wonder why witcher 3 was trash in terms of story

Poles...

>one of the greatest fantasy stories of modern times
The short stories are good. The novels are shit.

It's in good hands. Sapkowski knows fuck all about TV. He thinks Game of Thrones is good.

CDPR is good at presentation but it has trouble with plots these days.

CDPR went full Bioware and made the third game "the best place to start the series!". That plus open world was a death knell for story. At least Hearts of Stone was really good.

>Geralt
>no emotions
Isn't even true in the games much less the books.

Bookfags will probably love it and gamefags will hate it. Sup Forums will hate both of them and the threads will be banned like /got/. Screencap this post

They just destroyed Radovids character, because of muh nobody has the right to bully our witches, otherwise the swjs would chimp out.

Radovid going nuts was predictable but they handed it in a stupid way and pretty much completely ignored everything Philippa and the Lodge did.

They are not shit, they simply too long and start to drag on

All of it could be easily packed into 3 books

this tbqh. Honestly if done right the show could actually improve on the last couple of books.

It was predictable but Radovid was a matsermind till witcher 2 + ( book has predicted that the will btfo all witches)
At the end he is nothing more then a comic relief who can be killed in a SIDE QUEST WTF ???????!!

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0

Prepare for blacked.com the cuckening cunt

Yeah I have no idea what Radovid's plan was in TW3 or how he wins the war if you leave him alone. Game keeps telling me he's crazy but still brilliant, but they forgot to show the brilliant bit. really removed most of the threat he had from TW2 and the whole Radovid the Stern foreshadowing from the books comes to nothing.

>At the end he is nothing more then a comic relief who can be killed in a SIDE QUEST WTF ???????!!
Politics is too complicated we just want random monster hunting quests.

This is why old bioware was so good at. Dragon Age Origins,Mass Effect (ignore the ending) even Dragon Age 2 was compared to Witcher 3 masterpieces of story work. ( Ok hearts of stone was not bad)

>even Dragon Age 2

>even Dragon Age 2 was compared to Witcher 3 masterpieces of story work.
Woah now let's not go crazy here.

We're forgetting the most important question. Will Percival do the soundtrack?

youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ

Dragon Age 2 was very bad in terms of worldbuilding but the story was more then solid.

That's why open world games with lineral narrative like Gothic will always be the best imo. The "Choose 16 different endings" meme always fucks things up.

Story was acceptable until the end where everyone turns into a retard, like many other Bioware offerings. Just looks good by comaprison. TW3 suffered from too many rewrites and getting overambitious in the face of concessions that would have to be made to make open world work. Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age beat TW3 by virtue of knowing their limits, having an unambitious but realistic goal, and reaching it competently.

DA2 though? I guess structurally the plot is technically better. But everything about it is just barely adequate. Even the mess that is TW3's story is better, because of that I'd say. At least TW3 had some good moments in it. Nothing in DA2 was memorable in a positive way. Just a few spots of memorably horrible stuff.

TW2 remains the best vidya plot. That's why it's so sad TW3 had a crap one

Gothic also had a much smaller world. Why does every open world game have to be bigger than the one before it? Morrowind and Gothic 2 world sizes were perfectly fine. Most of TW3's open world is wasted resources.

All Bioware games after BG series except for Jade Empire and DA:O were dogshit in terms of story telling. They're glorified waifu/husbandu simulators.

>They're glorified waifu/husbandu simulators.
BG2 is as well, people just don't remember it. That Viconia and Aerie shit is perfectly at home in modern Bioware games.

Why does it matter if TW3's main plot was a mess though, that was only 20% of the game.

>Why does it matter if TW3's main plot was a mess though, that was only 20% of the game.
People that played TW1 and TW2 were mostly in it for the plot. Not even getting started on bookfags. If you started with TW3 then yeah I guess it's not a big deal.

People moan about TW3 open world being empty but in reality it was just TES with less loading screens and "randomly generated dungeons". I think Oblivion is the worst for that matter

TW3 is completely true to the books. Fantastic start, dumbshit abrupt ending.

That's why I said Morrowind and not Oblivion or Skyrim. Morrowind was the last time TES got it right. I'll agree Oblivion's open world was blander and emptier feeling than TW3's.

> A game set in mideaval eastern europe should have blacks in it

Um sweetie every country on Earth has had the same demographics as the modern US. Try again honeybunch.

What? Viconia's romance was fantastic, including a tragic ending. Aerie one is not good, but I think that's because it seems to have been rewritten. Jaheira and Anomen's romances are still the top tier ones though.

>Viconia's romance was fantastic
Must I post the horrible dialogue?

I have a feeling that it will slowly continue to reveal prior statements as lies about the show. First Sapkowski absolutely not involved, then "We took some liberties with adaptation and cast," culminating with "It's INSPIRED by the books, alright?"

>tfw no Ciri getting raped by a dyke

Of all the Ciri content in the books, this is the one scene I feel is 100% guaranteed to end up in the show. Lauren probably schlicked to it.

What parts were horrible? I may be honestly misremembering, as it was years ago and only did it once, but the entire plot of the romance felt great, with a tear-jerker ending, like Minsc's.

I have a feeling Sapkowski probably originally was involved then threw a tantrum and walked off.

It's also the one that's most likely to get wrong. Inb4 twitter/tumblr goes all 'girl love' after the episode airs.
>we'll never see hundreds of naked dryads walking casually in the forest

The flirting was modern Bioware tier. I'd post it but i'm having trouble finding the dialogue to c/p

Which unintentionally confirms that at least one of the main characters will be a nigger.

If they don't portray it as a rape I'll be mad but I trust that they will. And that twitter/tumblr will totally miss the point and think it's romantic anyway.

>we'll never see hundreds of naked dryads walking casually in the forest
Most of them would just be humans sadly. No green qts.

Could be but it's not like Sapkowski isn't hard to set off. Anything could have done it.

You're wrong

Mighty winged hussars while they unclog my toilet in the eu.
dumber and poorer for sure, but i wont affiliate myself with dirty slavs.

I'm sure I have it in some old document with all the dialogues. I played BG2 a retarded amount of time, mostly heavily modded, and I still keep all the saves and mods in an old HDD. I did play it in my native language and the translation/dubbing is the best I've ever seen, so maybe they fixed issues with the flirting and banter.

They will make it more consensual.

Isn't the ending Blood and Wine?

Chronologically, yes. But it's more of a side story that takes place after the main story.

>. I did play it in my native language and the translation/dubbing is the best I've ever seen, so maybe they fixed issues with the flirting and banter.
Wouldn't be surprised. Bioware is good at picking localization studios. It's how CDPR got started even. It's really juvenile teenage girl fanfiction.net stuff in English.

I was talking about the main story. Blood and Wine is stupid in a different way, and more like that Sapkowski wedding fanfic.

The ending is Geralt dying in Gaunter's spooky scary mirror world because he sucks at riddles. Ciri is captured by Eredin and used as a broodmare. Yennefer slits her wrists in a bathtub.

had nothing to do with the games and they did just fine

They totally failed with Yennefer though.

Idris can be Geralt ONLY if he fucks Triss.

The dubbing and translation of BG2 had to be a one-hit wonder kind of thing. It all worked so well for the most part. They made mistakes with the translation of spells and had some consistency issues in the descriptions, but what was dialogue and especially the banter, both text and voice, it was superb. It remains the only piece of media ever that I prefer the dubbed version. You made me curious anyways, so I'll be re-reading the dialogues in both languages. It's been a while, so what was "fantastic" years ago, now could be terrible.

She's fine outside some potentially dumb stuff in the Last Wish quest

Triss isn't getting fucked in the series dude

>Triss isn't getting in the series dude
Fixed it for you

Can't wait to see Geralt's role greatly reduced in favour of putting the spotlight on the STRONK FEMALE characters and token oc donut steal african character

Wouldn't be totally surprised if Triss isn't even in the series. She's a fairly minor character in the books. Could easily be cut for time.

The writers totally butchered her relatonship with Ciri. If Geralt is the father, Yennefer is the mother. You barely noticed that in the game. They also could have done a way better job introducing her to non book readers.

>Can't wait to see Geralt's role greatly reduced in favour of putting the spotlight on the STRONK FEMALE characters
So can't wait for them to adapt book 4 basically tbf Ciri takes tons of screentime from Yen too as the series progresses

Oh ok, yeah I agree there. But that's not so much the content being bad as it not being there in the first place.

>They also could have done a way better job introducing her to non book readers.
Doomed from the start imo. No way the average Biodrone is ever going to like or even understand her character no matter how good a job you do.

They better not turn Geralt into a cuck or Ciri into a tatted up lesbian or something.

10/10

Wasn't the vidya game Witcher based on Polish actor from that low budget series?

I even remember Ciri trusing Avalach over Yennefer at some point. That's absolutely bonkers.

But Geralt is cuck in the books.

are you retarded? those fags at netflix only know of the series because of the game if you think triss the 2nd most used female character behind only yennefer wont get used i cant wait for you to scream like a little bitch when they announce more details

Huuuuuuh???
Whaaaaat??
Reaaaallyyy??

I preferred to think of that as Ciri just being a retard that falls in love with anyone that wants to rape her but yeah it doesn't make sense.

No one actually involved in the show has even played them. Showrunner is only familiar with the books.

I was so bored with the first map in Witcher 3 and its repeating quests to clean out some respawning monsters. Felt like in some cheap MMORPG.

If you want a good single player experience with modern RPGS then play Divinity Original Sin 2.

user...