Are waifus becoming too blatant?

Are waifus becoming too blatant?
Is the loss of subtlety eroding the concept?

People are too quick and willing to waifu anything

Creators have always made characters based on who/what they want to fuck, and people take in media based on who/what they want to fuck since as long as forever.

no, all female characters have to be attractive or they are shit characters

In the case of Demencia I do certainly feel pandered to.
But that feeling doesn't seem to be lessening my attraction to her at all.

This and also But OP's comment needs explication. It's not really clear what exactly makes a female character a waifu, or a good waifu, we all have different taste, so no matter what a decent or funny female character is like it will obviously be SOMEONE'S waifu.

Would being in a general popular trope make them a "blatant waifu?"

What should a writer do to make "a waifu" more subtle?

Also, if Demencia is your waifu you have shit taste.

I just get incredibly erect for crazy girls, that's all. It's a bad habit.

Because Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums are all horny betafags and will waifu anything. Any fucking thing.

>explication

exito

Yeah, but that's not the fault of the character

This, you only think they're waifus because everyone keeps calling them that

Demencia is sort of obviously a case for waifu pandering because she didn't exist in the original pilots. And of course, she's in love with Black Hat because there's no other reason to insert a girl

>What should a writer do to make "a waifu" more subtle?
The way I see it, if you're going to try an make a waifu character intentionally is no different than just going with a sex sells mentality. Yeah sure it's going to work but its a cheap trick and you might as well just admit that your writing skills are subpar.

What exactly makes something a waifu character in the first place? Is making a character with the intention of having them be likable "making a waifu?"

Not an expert mainly because I'm a straight girl

But I think what the OP is refering to is creating somewhat bland female characters that only really have a few defining traits. Those said traits are supposedly very attractive and often the more bland a female character is, the more people latch on to them as waifus because of how much of a blank slate they are. It's a similar concept to self insert wish fulfillment characters except they aren't really the 'Everyman that does everything' type but rather the opposite where they have a few traits that separate them from audience members/other characters in the show, but not from similar characters in the same archetype. More or less they're just trophies/objects to fap to. Entertaining perhaps, but somewhat pandering.

>becoming too blatant?
Wat
>Is the loss of subtlety
As an user once helped me see, there's no such thing as subtlety with waifus. If a character isn't there for logical plot reasons then they're designed to grab and endear a certain audience, hell they can still be meant for that even if a plot is written around them. It was, is and always will come down to how much you're willing to personally tolerate.

It's no-one's fault but your own that your waifu's a slut.

>Are waifus
>waifus

Lurk for 2 years before posting, faggot.

Why would a children's show need waifu characters anyway?

So children can have waifus. duh.

Childhood waifus are what make you into """that kid""" at school though, let's be honest.
Thankfully I never admitted to it.

>Are waifus becoming too blatant?
No. A female character who isn't totally repulsive to males is becoming increasingly rare.
I watched two minutes of this shit and I still can't understand why it's so heavily hyped. Some side-character female that isn't totally repulsive isn't enough to make me interested.

Well this would seem to be more of being a non complex character at all, taking Demencia for example, which might not have been [pic related] but she not meaningfully different from other characters in Villainous in that aspect. The show is full of characters with a few basic, defining traits, they conflict with eachother in real but aren't really negative, they were all meant to be likable. None of them are that complex.

>the more people latch on to them as waifus because of how much of a blank slate they are.
There aren't many examples of this, I mean, most of these characters have traits that make them less of a blank slate rather than more, instead most of the time they fit an archetype that could hardly be called pandering

>where they have a few traits that separate them from audience members/other characters in the show, but not from similar characters in the same archetype
This can hardly be considered pandering, archetypes exist for far more reasons that to attract viewers to wank their dick, they exist as far as male characters or unappealing characters as well.

Abusive relationship, this is the hipster version of Joker x Harley Quinn, you guys like to pretend you are vastly different from normies and yet, you have the same shit tastes

This is a huge fucking problem.

Implying Sup Forums even understands the concept to begin with.

It's okay to be gay, user.

>a girl
so, do you come 'round here often?

I try not to get new waifus. This is because right now I do not have a waifu and I need a new one, but not just anyone will do.
I don't want to pretend being some fucking beta Arab with a haram of fake girls. I. Am. A. White. Man. And I will be loyal to THE one fictional girl of my dreams. If only I can find her...

Does it explain why she loves Black Hat?

>implying dementia isn't a high tier waifu
Delete this

I think it's implied she gets off on how evil he is.

Thank you

A lot actually. It was either here or tumblr and I'd rather not have an influx of cringe when I'm online.

>None of them are that complex.
Most cartoon characters aren't and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying the less complex a character is, the easier it is for people to project their identity/wills on them.

>The archetype thing

I never really meant to imply that archetypes only exist to pander. Or are pandering by nature. They exist as a product of creating characters to fulfill specific roles in the plot or to be foils/compliments to other characters. I meant more to say that there are some archetypes like goths that tend to make people's dicks hard.

What I meant to say was that people create specific characters sometimes with a specific goal in mind that isn't a benefit to the plot. But of course entertainment and the audience tends to be an important factor for everything so I'm not one to talk.

>Are waifus becoming too blatant?
Yes.

>tfw spent most of fifth grade daydreaming about Terra from Teen Titans

/thread