Defend this

Defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroicSacrifice
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The second passage is SUPER VERBOSE to sound smarter.

the show will be better if he looked older or at least of his age

He doesn't mentally feel like an adult?
Idk, man, the aging thing is probably one of the weaker plot points

He turned into an adult when he realized he had responsibilities to do: take control of his life, and get a job.

he changes his age based on how old he feels, not how level of maturity he achieve.

So you're saying Steven should have turned into his mom for real now?

There's a difference between feeling older and going through trauma.

Pretty much.

this

Too Many Birthdays was better executed though.

Rebecca sugar was a mistake

He still acts like a retarded five year old though
>ignorantly expecting navy to actually want to be his friend after all the shit he did to her
>screams that he's guilty for killing rose quartz to the diamonds faces as if there wouldn't be consequences when he has a lawyer standing two feet away trying to help him

*guilty for killing Pink Diamond

Suicidal Steven was pretty okay, but when are we getting Homocidal Steven?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroicSacrifice

>as if there wouldn't be consequences
but he was literally asking for the consequences
he wanted everything to be over with so his family could live free of persecution
I don't know how you missed the last 10 episodes

He knew there would be consequences. He genuinely believed he deserved to be punished for Rose killing Pink Diamond. Once the lawyer pointed out the inconsistencies in the accounts of her death, he was all for escaping.

Look at the season numbers, look at the episode numbers. Steven is just now starting to get a tiny bit of development. For three seasons straight he has been held in a character stranglehold just because finally after years he's getting depth doesn't make the shitty show any better.

>screams that he's guilty for killing rose quartz to the diamonds faces as if there wouldn't be consequences when he has a lawyer standing two feet away trying to help him
He knew there would be consequences, that was the whole thing. Steven was willing to let the Diamonds execute him based on the fact that the Crystal Gems and everyone else already believed that Rose Quartz did it.

>He doesn't mentally feel like an adult?
Not at all, he's actually more childish than he is supposed to be by his age

He just has better control of his powers now

>Look at how mature and 2deep4u my kid's show is! It's dark so it's deep! I'm actually really intellectual and this show teaches me sooooo much that others can't, so you can't make fun of me for watching it!"

Future Arc when?

I honestly want to see a mini-series involving an adult Steven who has mastered his powers and leads a new age of the rebellion that stretches across entire galaxies and is composed of rebel Gems and thousands of alien beings that lost their worlds to Homeworld. This series has so much potential in becoming some epic space opera but the finger is constantly hovering over the button and hesitating to press it.

I also want Future Steven to be voiced by Ron Perlman.

You could argue he knows how to control it better now that he's accidentally aged twice and/or he's constantly thinking "everything my mom has done is fucked up. Why do I have to deal with this senpai? I'm just a kid." And that counteracts the aging shit

Why would I defend it? Its a kid's show with typical kid show plotholes because kid's don't mind and adults that obsess with it are faggots.

>Steven annihilates the Authority and ushers in an era of peace
>for a little while
>turns out Homeworld gems weren't pieces of shit because of the Diamonds, it's that gems in general are just shitty
>in fact, it's because of the inherent shittiness of lesser gems that the Diamonds went from being kind, benevolent rulers to asshole tyrants
>Rose's Crystal Gems were only nice because they were all rejects and retards; the entire remainder of the rebellion were a gaggle of cunts that Rose was able to control by expertly manipulating their shittiness
>now that he's the Grand Poobah, Steven finds himself slowly becoming the angry twat that gemkind requires to be properly wrangled

Cue Depressed Space King Steven sitting bored on his throne while several Pearls hover around him, rattling off all the stupid shit he has to do today.

The only way this show could be salvaged. That and the plot going faster than a crawl.

Theory time. You remember the time travel episode? Yeah. I'm pretty sure Steven watching himself die hundreds of times and then holding himself as he dies one last time had some REAL fucked up repurcussions. Especially since the last one told him to "be cool forever". Little traumatized Steven then went on to write a song about that experience and become mentally stunted forever.

any excuse not to age up a character for the sake of talentless boarders

What's the problem here? His age-fluctuating power was only acting up in that episode.

Or alternatively,

>Steven gathers a gigantic rebellion composed of thousands of aliens from worlds that were destroyed by Homeworld
>Hearing their stories of losing their homes and families and seeing the devastation Homeworld has causef first hand fills Steven with cold bitterness towards Homeworld and the Diamonds.
>He decides the only way to settle things is to destroy Homeworld and everything having to do with Gems
>Steven masses and great and gigantic army, attacks Homeworld, kills the Diamonds and collectively destroys every Kindergarten made by them
>Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst and even Connie are shocked by Steven's actions and tells him this is not what Rose wanted
>Steven grows distant from the Gems and starts to despise all of Gemkind to the point where he develops a "no gem" policy
>Steven's rebellion becomes a regime that aims to contain or outright destroy anything having to do with Gems to preserve peace across the universe
>Steven becomes the supreme emperor of the universe that is known throughout for his kindness and generosity as well as his brutality in battle
>Connie leads a rebellion of her own back on Earth that aims to prove that not all Gems are evil

Sorry for the wall of text but I fucking love "the hero loses their way" kind of stories.

>Suicidal Steven
what

>Steven is an unstoppable juggernaut of brutality out on the battlefield
>But he is also a kind and benevolent ruler that treats his soldiers and followers with respect like pic related

Future Steven: I've forgotten how beautiful you used to be Connie.

>I remember spouting this nonsense during season two.