Reminder

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/31/marvels-david-gabriel-sales-slump-people-didnt-want-diversity-didnt-want-female-characters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good.

Christ.

Wow, I legitimately feel for Mar-Vell fans on that. A character with such history and significance on the Marvel cosmic just ignored.

So basically ignore what classic means.
I mean why not just say no?

Fuck that, what about Monica fans?
This goes beyond simple PC rewriting, it's all about marketing how new and progressive we are RIGHT NOW without acknowledging things that might alienate our target demo.

Like black women.

Yeah, Marvel sure has no black female characters going on right now.
...I meant to say, Marvel has no black female characters that have inherited white characters legacies.
.....No, what I really meant to say is, shut the fuck up.

Umm ... but there is literally nothing wrong with that so ...

You really think Iron Heart is gonna get a movie?

They're ignoring past Captain Marvels in the MCU because having a girl gets them brownie points but they don't want a darkie headlining a movie unless they're the king of Wakanda.

Well, she doesn't actually have any villains of her own who could be considered "classic", so that could be a problem.

Classic does not mean Original.

Carol as Ms. Marvel could be seen as a classic, maybe.

Carol as Cap is so recent and uneventful in its entirety that calling any of it classic is a reach.

I don't think you know what it actually means.

>has been Captain Marvel for 5 fucking years
>hasn't had a single notable story or a single well-selling title in that time
>"classic"

What is "classic" about Captain Carol? The fact she's a shit character that doesn't sell? The fact she's only pushed because Marvel Movies wants to make a movie about her?

She has nothing. Not a single good story. Not a single good moment that justifies her comics push. In that regard she's a perfect manifestation of modern-day Marvel: A dumb, pointless character nobody wanted that they keep shoving at the audience in the hope that if they tell you sixty million times she's awesome they won't have to actually write a good story about her.

That's a problem for all the new marvel characters. Their stories move too slow to get a rogues gallery going. Two years of comics will get you one or two fights plus a few event tie ins.

In what way should the most recent version of ANYTHING be considered classic.
Like saying "that classic GL protagonist Simon Baz". It just isn't correct. "That good GL Simon" sure "that beloved GL Simon" that can still possibly be correct, "that classic Simon" that speaks of older styles and that isn't true.

Billy is the best, Carol a shit

Wacker is shit when it comes to Cosmic no surprise there, when he was the Cosmic editor we got Bendis on GotG, Humphries on Legendary Star-Lord, Black Vortex and almost anything that happened during that era.

He's also the one that pushed for Bendis on GotG when Bendis was still unsure of writing it (and when a writer isn't into writing a comic it's a giant sign he won't do good).

Anyway this is from an old CBR interview just so you get an idea of how the new Spider-Man cartoon and GotG season 2 (or 3) will be like

>“I’d love ‘Annihilation’ on the Guardians side,” Wacker added, looking to another franchise that’s also part of Marvel’s animated lineup. “I’m a big fan of the Darkhawks. Pulling that in would be super cool. I guess also, in a lot of ways, it’s important to me that we don’t just pull from the classic stories, but [stories] that newer comic readers might recognize. ‘Superior Spider-Man’ is a good example. Not something pulled from something 40 years ago all the time, so we’re not retelling the ‘Kree/Skull War’ or ‘Spider-Man: No More.'”

Yeah he wants to do Annihilation and he has been thinking about doing that for awhile, but then there's pic related and seeing how he has adapted other stories in the cartoons I know it's going to be shit.

There was that story where her cat was a highly wanted alien. That was noteworthy, and that note said "it stinks throw it away asap".

Who even IS there? Moonstone? Mystique?

Cry more bitch.

Priorities!

You're right

>clas·sic
>ˈklasik/
>adjective
>adjective: classic

>1. judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

That's still not Carol, nothing about her has been outstanding or of high quality, she has no good stories as Captain Marvel and the best she had was by Butters and Fazeka and that was at most OK.

Mar-Vell and Genis have had better stories than her when they were Captain Marvel and they weren't even wanked as hard as she's being right now by Marvel Comics.

Moonstone isn't even much of a Carol villain. She just had the Dark Avengers thing where Osborn pitched her as Carol's opposite number. They don't have much history beyond that. Moonstone clashed a lot with Monica tho, and would probably still hold a grudge towards Monica for breaking her back and putting her in the hospital for months.

But of course nobody even read Monica's comics so they're not likely to remember THAT.

And Mystique won't get any appearances because her movie rights are Fox

>therealsongbirddiamondback

OHO now we know who started this thread

this push is the 2nd worst thing to happen to Carol

Sure, but it doesn't mean "Modern." Johnny Blaze isn't the "original" Ghost Rider, but he is the classic Ghost Rider. The purple Hawkeye costume isn't his original look, but it is his Classic look. You wouldn't call his Ultimate/MCU derivative costume his Classic look just because it's the one he's most known for currently. You'd call it his Modern look. Likewise, Carol is the Modern Captain Marvel, not the Classic Captain Marvel.

Somebody had trouble with too many words at once! Poor little guy.

This is about right. She could never stand on her own. She's just a part of events, and events are garbage; the fact that they are trying to convince you that Carol is awesome without actually MAKING any awesome stories makes her rubbish.

I hate Marvel pretending these "new" characters are so "awesome". They aren't. They're not fun to read, they're not interesting, they don't have anything but a shallow, page-long internal debate in the place of real struggles or complexity.

There's never any consequences for them, or any failures. The writers are fucking cowardly in their approach, so determined to make a "good" character that they have no fucking idea what that means. It doesn't mean a smug, preachy cunt, that's for damn sure.

>new marvel characters
Are you under the impression that Carol Danvers is a new character? Because she isn't.

>Carol as Ms. Marvel could be seen as a classic, maybe

Kamala is the classic Ms. Marvel. Carol is just some dumb bitch who got raped by her own son.

Reminder that Carol is the best character Marvel has and her movie will make a billion dollars.

Take away the X-characters and she just has Moonstone and that's technically not her villain.

Hell who are her supporting characters? A retarded lower than garfield tier orange cat alien, an old fart lady who flies planes (like Carol, you guise! She flies planes!), an annoying brat who has no personality but fangirling Carol, the all femalel 3rd rate group filled with wannabe Zinda Blakes that appeared once in Secret Wars and then fucked off because no one wanted to use, that one guy she dated whose name I can't remember.

They can't even use Jessica Drew because Sony has plans for her.

Yeah she doesn't have anything that defines but her planes and her cat and that's not even that interesting. She didn't even do anything worthwile and noteworthy while she was a Guardian.

Fuck, Carol, Flas, Tony, Ben and Kitty were shitty Guardians who didn't contribute anything significant to the team, and Ben hurts me because he's actually a good character but Bendis did nothing but "LOL Jews in space!" with him

Christ no wonder the ratings for the GotG cartoon are really low, and the cartoon is boring as fuck I don't blame any kids for not wanting to watch it.

Wow.

I like Carol, but fuck you.

>and her movie will make a billion dollars.

Without Marvel Entertainment's influence, that's all on Marvel Studios.

Binary was probably the most interesting I've found Carol Danvers.

They have a really hard task to make that mess of a character adaptable for the general audience.

And no offense to Nicole Perlman but her writing on Gamora was really boring and if that's how she's making Carol... Well lets hope her co-writer is more creative.

user, are you really comparing a Bendi's shitty attempts at pandering to Monica Rameau? Iron Heart will be lucky if she sticks around for more than five years.

I don't get why Marvel gleefully shits on Mar-Vell when he had such a long and impactful history in Marvel's cosmic stuff. Ms. Marvel was literally a side creation from his large scale adventures. There is literally nothing more interesting about Carol.

Fuck nuMarvel, and fuck Whackoff.

Whelp, when you kill off one of your major characters and leave him dead for another 40 years it should be no surprise that generations later nobody gives a fuck if they were ever alive and pretends they didn't happen.

It's easier to see in DC

Alan is the first Green Lantern, Jay the first Flash, Al the first Atom

But we all know silver age versions were the bigger hits and are considered to be the "classic" versions of the characters.

Moonstone has been the evil opposite since Dark Reign. And I recall seeing something about Karla being in the Captain Marvel movie too.

But might be interesting if some Kree sentry with Nega Bands is the new villain for Carol in the film.

Carol has nothing to do with being PC. She's being pushed solely for movie synergy.

They want the name Captain Marvel to be associated only with her so it's easier to sell and less complicated.

One again Sup Forums lets me know about people I've hated but never knew about.

>Wanker is an actual contrarian faggot saying shit that would elicit a reaction
It's like anyone expected different.

Speaking of a Captain Marvel getting sidelined by it's company

No wonder the company is falling apart.

Carol villains:
>Rogue
>Mystique
>Brood
>Marcus
>Herself

Obviously it's going to be the fourth one.

Wacker shits on him because Carol as Captain Marvel was his idea and he's obnoxious about it.

Yeah he's been doing it since he edited Amazing Spider-Man since BND and used to get in more fights with people online like Slott does.

I hate being a marvel fan so much

Why do they have to be this way? What drives them to be so dismissive and unsympathetic to everything that made them good?

They did that ever since Quesada started being EIC and the company did really well in the 00's and part of the 10's.

But now it's been a liability for them in the last two years since it's not only pissing off the old fanbase it's also pissing off the new fanbase they tried to get.

What's even stranger is Marvel admitted that they know what they're doing isn't working, but they're gonna keep doing it anyways.

More like they blamed the audience for being too backwards and stuck in our ways to buy Marvel's progressive, forward thinking books.

It amounts to the same thing, but there is a difference in how it's presented.

Under wacker the cartoons are doing as badly as the comics

The thing about Mar-Vell is there's been so many to use his name and title, and I bet he's proud of every single one. Especially Monica and Carol. Even Genis, who I miss very much.

When did he take over again? I know Loeb stopped overseeing the cartoons at some point to focus more on the Netflix shows so that would be when Wacker took over.

Doesn't Kamala have at least three already?

It's fucked up because Carol probably doesn't even want this.

>Marvel admitted that they know what they're doing isn't working
Source or lies

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/31/marvels-david-gabriel-sales-slump-people-didnt-want-diversity-didnt-want-female-characters/
Basically they're saying they're aware that readers aren't happy, but like this guy said, they're mostly saying it's because the readers are racist

Around the time AoS started.

The problem with Marvel is that they can't admit they are in the wrong or that they're fucking up something badly.

That's the craziest thing. She's been around just about as long as NuCarol, and she's got
>The Inventor
>Kaboom
>Kamran
>Basic Becky
>Hijinx and the Canadian Ninjas
>Doc.X

Literally who does Carol have? Dr. Minerva maybe?

That was one excuse they gave, they also tried to play it off like it was DC's returnability that was the reason Marvel is doing so badly. Which sounds similar to the half-assed defense one user kept using for a while.