>First Class - 60's

>>First Class - 60's
>>DOFP - 70's
>>Apocalypse - 80's
>>Dark Phoneix - 90's?

What 90's stuff should we expect in Dark Phoenix? Also, will we get a film in the 2000's? The 2010's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY
slashfilm.com/logan-different-universe/
youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Which classic 1990s song will we see Quicksilver running to, anons?

changes - tupac

We know all these characters are gonna die in the future (Logan) so what's even the point

>>Cake - Going the Distance
YOU FUCKING KNOW IT!

this is such a stupid post but it isn't aggravatingly retarded enough to be bait

He's not in it.

>>OH NO! A dark future which will kill all mutants!
>>This surely means all mutants will die!

You're new to this, aren't you?

>Also, will we get a film in the 2000's?

Remake of X-Men and X2

>The 2010's?

Isn't that Deadpool?

youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY

not unless Singer directs

that one pays royalties to a convicted pedophile, nobody wants to use it

>>Remake of X-Men and X2
...but every X-Men film has been Magneto going crazy and the government hunting them...
>>Isn't that Deadpool?
They could still milk nostalgia.
>>Remember when Obama was president?

We already know the X-Men won't stick together and we know the fates of Wolverine and Professor X

Fuck these movies for going backwards instead of forward

>being this casual

I'm Walking On Sunshine

Which era of the 90s would you guys prefer for a filmic setting?

The rustic grungy antiquated 90s(Late 1991-1996), or the futuristic girly homosexual 90s (1997-Mid 2001)?

>that one pays royalties to a convicted pedophile, nobody wants to use it
...Cake was associated with pedophilia

Do people even give a shit about this franchise anymore. Apocalpyse killed any interest I had in the current FoX-Men movies. Oh I can't wait to see characters who look like they haven't aged a day despite there being a 10 year timeskip in the next one.

That makes me want to have a fight scene set to this song.

Ive been burnt out on FOX-Men for some time now. Its the same fucking movie every time, all the secondary characters are glorified cameos, and I stopped giving a shit about Wolverine, and Jean's Phoenix nonsense.

...you really have no idea what elseworlds are. Or the fact that the X-Men have so many bad futures, like Apocalypse, DOFP, Legacy Virus, the one where Wiccan becomes Sorcerer Supreme...

Isn't the timeline in the X-men comic stories always messed up? Whats the difference?

There's an inherent joy I have with a franchise that keeps going even though it should have stopped long ago. It's like a car without doors barreling down the highway.

>Its the same fucking movie every time
explain

The first half of the 1990s. The fun 1990s. The Extreme, Radical Awesome 1990s where everything was extreme sports and neon.

When did Jackass start airing?

futuristic girly homosexual

Basically
>Charles and Erik are at odds but somehow remain friends by the end
>Magneto shoehorned as the bad guy of nearly every plot
>Wolverine given more importance than hes worth
>Each film is basically an X Men team forming by the end
>Public opinion on mutants doesnt change at all, either for worse or better
And so on

>Public opinion on mutants doesnt change at all, either for worse or better
>Charles and Erik are at odds but somehow remain friends by the end
>Wolverine given more importance than hes worth
Thats just the franchise not the movies fault.
>Each film is basically an X Men team forming by the end
Only two movies
>Magneto shoehorned as the bad guy of nearly every plot
Are we talking about Stryker or Magneto here?

So why are all the films a decade apart? Seems a little silly, especially when none of the characters look any older.

I also remember when Havoc was meant to be Cyclops's dad in this version, but they made him his brother even though they'd have been born several decades apart.

DOFP was the best cape film in years, so i'm very on board.

Apoc was also fine and I don't get the hate other than through direct comparisons to DOFP.

I guess cause they want to get back to the present, but the gap between First Class being in the 60's and the present being 2017, they decided to fill in the gaps.

Which is funny, cause I find period pieces refreshing because having superheroes interact with past events really does give more of a flavor to things.

>tfw I watched Apocalypse after BvS

Not him but I like it from a world-building standpoint. We have too much of the "these are the first superpowered people" nonsense these days. Nice to actually have a world with history and all.

I thought BvS was better than Apocalypse so hey.
BvS would be my favorite cape movie since TDK is not for DOFP.

if not*

I think the reason the MCU avoids that is that something major in the past would probably be mentioned all the time.

PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

>There are obvious Fox shills ITT

Why must they keep jumping 10 years ahead? That's fucking retarded, none of the kids will have aged at all.

>tfw i watched Apoc, then ID42

People care about Deadpool and Logan.....that's it really...

When they ever stated that Logan is not canon?

I wish Fox would just give the rights back to Marvel. It would be the morally right thing to do honestly.

I hope it's not in the '90s. I'd like too see a movie with Scott, Jean, Storm, Quicksilver, Kurt, all learning how to be X-Men. If they do another decade timeskip that'll be lame.
Also...they're gonna HAVE to do something about McAvoy, Fassbender, and Byrne's appearances. First Class took place like 30 years ago by the '90s.

Is this pasta?If not fuck off, Logan and Deadpool are far better than any mediocre shit MCU made

Logan director said Logan is the endgame future of the X-Men.

So there's no point in watching any FoX-Men films because everyone will literally die and all the X-Men will be killed by Prof X. About as pointless as the Star Wars prequels desu.

Fox should just reboot the franchise already.

Days of Future Past should've ended it, I have no interest in where the story goes now

Logan is over-rated and only liked because of nostalgia babies
>oh noooss! muh hugh jackman that I grew up with is old and sad and dead

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 was more emotional (and a better movie)

I've never seen an X-Men movie, are they any good?

Logan isn't canon.
slashfilm.com/logan-different-universe/

Yes. 14 years into the franchise, we got DOFP: their best, most financially successful, and most critically acclaimed main series X-Men movie ever. I'm further impressed by their bold spinoffs like Deadpool and Logan.

>what is the journey
That's like saying that life is pointless because we all die.
The point is HOW we live.
The point is HOW the prequel gets the events of the original.

Deadpool and First Class are good. Everything else sucks. Stick to the cartoons.

yikes

I don't agree with that user, but it is a little depressing to know that the lil X-Men we're about to see in Dark Phoenix are gonna be killed by Charles himself in the future.

ONe thing is the characters dying, the other is see the heroes losing everything.

>First Class
>Good

It's one of the few X-Men movies that actually gives the X-Men colorful fun costumes that aren't brooding leather rejects from the Matrix set.

Kinda sad really.

The journey is shit though.
DoFP was shit.
Apocalypse was shit.
And Dark Phoenix will start Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender as the main character (again) and is directed by Simon Kinberg. So guess what? It's going to be S-H-I-T.

>The Dream is Dead

>DoFP was shit.
DoFP was the best cape movie in years.

>The point is HOW the prequel gets the events of the original.
Because we really needed to see that Anakin built C3PO and that Yoda could fight with a lightsaber.

Neither of those are bad, but neither are they the point of the PT.
The main thrust of the PT is how Anakin is faced with many of the dame choices as Luke, but is maneuvered by Palpatine into losing his way and making the opposite choices to the ones Luke made.

*same

>Neither of those are bad,
They are both bad, user. They are both very very very bad. If you honestly think they aren't bad, then you need to leave your computer and go look at yourself in the mirror for a good long hour.

Then I HIGHLY suggest you go and watch Red Letter Media's videos on the Star Wars Prequels. They will expand your mind into new levels of awareness.

>Oh I can't wait to see characters who look like they haven't aged a day despite there being a 10 year timeskip in the next one.

Unlike flatscans, mutants age like fine wine.

>Then I HIGHLY suggest you go and watch Red Letter Media's videos on the Star Wars Prequels. They will expand your mind into new levels of awareness.
Is this bait or are you really young?
Everyone on Sup Forums has seen those reviews.

Mike just has bad taste. He liked The Force Awakens for god's sake.

RLM likes TFA, he's shit.

The Force Awakens was a great movie and a billions times better than the prequels.

If you were to take some time out and actually go and watch the Plinkett videos you might actually learn something. :/

How so? Can you give some of your own opinions?

>The Force Awakens was a great movie
>:/
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming I just got baited.

See

Why not just watch Plinkett's videos? It won't kill you. And it would give you a better undstanding at why George Lucas ruined Star Wars, Senpai.

So you're just a mindless drone?

It's just another possible timeline like all stories set to the future.

Nope. And enlightened individual who has heard the great word.

He's baiting, my dude.
Or he's really young and just found the reviews.

It's okay pal, I went through a year long phase after I watched those videos where I HATED the PT.

I grew out of it, with time and wisdom you will too.

>Psylocke on poster
>only gets three lines
what a dispointment

>wanting to suffer through Munn acting

Better than Jennifer Lawrence. And I wanted more Psylocke. And she hardly does anything. She and Angel were pointless to the entire movie. Meanwhile Mystique and Magneto hog all the story. They better pull this shit in the next movie. Scott and Jean should be front center.

Why do people say "Fox-men" as an insult when it gives them the validity of them being the definitive X-Men creators?

I wouldn't mind Mystique hogging the show if she wasn't Jlaw in a suit.

DOFP was a fine end to the series, Logan being a good addition to Wolverine's side of things.

Apocalypse was shlock.

>Apocalypse was shlock.

Enjoyable disaster schlock. It is an Apocalypse movie, after all.

Let's just be 100% clear about this:

Jubilee was a student in the millennial X2 movie AND was a student in the '80s Apocalypse movie,
if she's not confirmed as an ageless vampire with a learning disability in the '90s I'm going to be upset.

Logan is it's own timeline.

>Also...they're gonna HAVE to do something about McAvoy, Fassbender, and Byrne's appearances
Fassbender already looked old as shit in Alien Covenant. His alcoholism is starting to catch up with him.

Just like in the OldManLogan comics.

But what about Deadpool? Is he post-DOFP? Alt-U too?
They're bringing in Cable in DP2, that has to mean that he's from a timeline without 'Last Stand, right???
And that sure didn't look like the regular Colossus...

Hey, why didn't Magneto's hair turn white when Apocalypse empowered him, like Storm's did?

Fassbender looked old as shit even when he was in his 20's.

RUNNING IN THE 90'S

Also if you like the 60s Bond movies, First Class scratches the same itch. I was disappointed when they started doing the decade-hopping thing, I would have liked some more set in the 60s.

>What 90's stuff should we expect in Dark Phoenix?
New Director

>What 90's stuff should we expect in Dark Phoenix?
A random scene featuring a CGI ogre that bares a vague resemblance to Hugh Jackman.

Magneto to take over the plot, somehow setting up a lead-in to Onslaught in a retarded fashion.

Don't you know? The sentinel program being shut down leads to several minor characters being born earlier than they were in the original timeline.

Cable it altering the timeline in deadpool 2 so logan never happened.

>All of the costume design should be done by Rob Liefeld.
>All of the characters should be eXtreme.
>Storm should have a mohawk.
>It should introduce Rachel Summers (played by Marolyn Manson).
>Everyone should scream when they're using their powers so that you know it's eXtreme!!
>Music should be set to Rob Zombie
>PLOT HOLES AND POWER CREEP
>Cyclops has to say Jean's name at least once in every scene. Even if it's just like on a TV in the background.
>GENOCIDE EVERYWHERE!!!
>Jean should explode half of the cast in one scene because it's the 90s and people are DISPOSABLE! EXXXTREME!!
>AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH JEAAAAAAAANNNNN!

You'll pay for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge!

The comics are intentional. The movies are lazy.

>It's one of the few X-Men movies that actually gives the X-Men colorful fun costumes that aren't brooding leather rejects from the Matrix set.
That's pretty much the only thing it does right, for half of a movie. Also some good acting from the same two guys who always act well.

That does not add up to a good movie.

It was fun and didn't try to take itself too seriously like the other two. Yes, I'm including DoFP, shit was unintentionally goofy without a shred of self awareness.

>RUNNING IN THE 90'S
OOOOOOOOOOH SHIT NIGGA

youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU