Will Captain Underpants get a sequel?

Will Captain Underpants get a sequel?

It's surpassed it's budget in sales by a good 10 mill but I don't see that as enough for Dreamworks to make a second one considering The Boss Baby made 6 times it's budget

Boss Baby made that much because of memes and Captain Underpants released the same week as Wonder Woman which was a bad idea.

Probably not. It made enough to cover itself on paper, but it's no Boss Baby. Dreamworks however is probably aware of the Wonder Woman snafu and probably will still want to milk the franchise for what it is worth so long as they have some rights to it. We will probably get a Netflix Cartoon and other media to test the waters and see if it was truly a "bomb" or if it was just bad timing. Theyll drop the big name voice actors and get some low budget replacements. If it does well there, they'll probably go for another movie and bring back the OG actors. If not, they'll just continue with a Netflix series to make money until their rights expire.

I hope so. This series had a big impact on me as a kid. It started me getting into animations, drawing and taught me that animations are just giant flipbooks.

I love Captain Underpants so much.

>people can't see more than 1 movie per week
This is what businessfags actually believe.

on the other hand Captain Underpants hasn't finished being released into all it's markets, so it still has a decent chance of making a decent sum of money

not to mention CU is a concept that is incredibly easy to do sequels and spinoffs for

But Boss Baby was a lackluster movie and had a terrible reviews. Maybe it released when nothing big came out?

it was released when the beauty and the beast live action remake was and it made 1 billion so.. yeah captain underpants could have done well. they just didn't market it much

Look i'm not trying to be an asshole but that's a really dumb opinion. Of course most people don't see more than one movie a week, most people don't ever see movies once a month in actual theaters. And huge blockbusters often dominate and push out other current releases. It's not even a matter of opinion it's just a cold hard fact.

That's true. I barely saw marketing for it. I only learned about the CU movie from a YouTube Sponsored Ad.

Boss Baby was marketed everywhere.

Why didn't they market it more? Weren't the books pretty popular?

It's pretty niche. Also, I think some markets really don't want to rush the dub unlike with Boss Baby, which got released a day before the US release in Germany.

What seemed so much more marketable about Boss Baby to them?

Well, It's a baby and it wears a suit.

And Alec Baldwin is big atm cos of Trump

A lot don't.

I hope so. I loved it

People with jobs only have 2 days off, spending them both at the movie theater is highly unlikely. Even worse, most normies think you have no life if you go to the movies more than once a month.

It's a baby who acts like an adult. It was marketed to kids as a satire of how adults act and it was marketed to adults as a satire of how kids act. That and it's a story about brotherly relationships and parents raising kids, so it's relatable. That said, all this shit is why the movie rings so false. Captain Underpants is just about kids being kids and is clever and genuine about it. That also makes most people think it's solely for kids.

Only if it's by a completely different creative team.
The books were funny because it WASN'T obnoxious, stupid Dreamworks-level humor. The movie missed the point entirely and was shit because of it.