This is all it takes to land a cartoon deal with a major network

>this is all it takes to land a cartoon deal with a major network
why aren't you making your own cartoon yet Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g81l7aQwjQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this show isn't on nick jr because?

I'm working on one that I plan to pitch, actually

yeah right, I'm sure it'll be out any day now

What's even the point of going to art school when someone with the skills of a 12 year old on DA can get a show?

>Main character is supposedly 14
>Sounds and acts like he is 7

the premise is cute and the characters are cute, there's more to a show than the art, get real

the one I would make would be expensive as hell and not greenlighted

seriously tho I hate this art style. I know it'll focus on writing and characters but this is a sub-medium where having a good art style is kinda Important
kinda= extremely

I don't know what this is but I bet the answer is that the creator has nepotist powers and I don't.

it is beyond ugly
it is like uncomfortable to look at, their heads look fragile like baby skulls

So you can be CN's competition

Are you kidding? It looks bland as fuck. And the premise of kids in summer camp is nothing new or special.

Is this really how the show is going to look in the series or just for the pilot?

There should be a rule called The Space Tree Rule

If your cartoon looks worse than Space Tree, it cannot be on TV

Thanks for making these threads, it brings more awareness to the show. That's probably your intent anyway.

The pilot wasn't actually done by CN, so the final product will almost definitely look different. Hopefully better.

You say that but Steven Universe came out looking worse than the pilot.

I think CN is going to treat this as their new Adventure Time. They'll want to ensure it's good.

it really doesn't look that bad, i'd say su has worse art style and it can still be enjoyable occassionally

I'm amazed how assblasted you nerds are about this.

SU was too stilyzed to animate (by modern animation of course), this is the opposite.

Can we set the bar a little higher?

Because I don't know anyone in the animation industry.
The internet has shown me that it's all about connections, which means I may be stuck here in Colorado not knowing anybody for a good while.

What is the point of a cartoon if it doesn't use the fact that it's a cartoon to its advantage? Cartoons that are just a bunch of standard live-action shots of characters talking without showing emotion or action are pointless.

Are you really that surprised? It is summer after all, just check out how badly Sup Forums is holding up.

>muh children's distractions need to have quality art
nah, it's for kids, who cares

fuck you it's cute. The character design needs to be more distinct though.

You described Aqua Teen Hunger Force basically and that show is GOAT-tier

seconded.

>The pilot wasn't actually done by CN
source? a few different sources mentioned it was part of the CN pilot program and a few people associated with the program mention it on their linkedins

I haven't yet fully finished the pitch, so it'll probably be a long time if it does get picked up

>premise is cute
Kids doing kid regular bland kid shit is enough now? Is the next step a teen series titled "Smoking in Front of the Convenience Store Island"?

The butthurt is delicious

I would easily watch a show with the audacity to call itself Smoking in Front of the Convenience Store Island

yes

To make industry connections.

Not to be one of those guys, but how can kids deal with not really having action cartoons. Seeing another one of these sensitive slice-of-life shows is proving some extreme over-saturation. like emotional shows are fine, but there's seriously no variety.

Good point. What are this generations action shows? And to make it harder, don't name any DC or Marvel properties. I want to know what the most original kids action show is.

They watch real movies and shows that have actual violence and blood.
Or video games.

It's really just backwards these days.

When we were kids we were doing sensitive slice of life stuff and watching action to feel cool but kids now are murdering each other over drug money and watching stuff like this for an escape.

Im pretty sure that drug problems and murder still happened ''back in your days'' (what time-frame are you talking about? )

Ninjago and Nexo Knights is pretty big around here.

>lego cartoons

bimp

You need to have more faith in based Julia Pott.

>tfw the lack of action cartoons are so bad people can only think about lego shows.

I'm talking about 14 year olds.

I was going to use the next shitposting season on O.K K.O but I think this will do.

>HEDGEHOG HEDGEHOG HI HI GOOD MORNING

>The hedgehog's name is hedgehog
>The other animals are given normal names
???

XDD it's random! XD

Because they probably wouldn't let me retain 100% of the rights to all assets, characters, etc and all merchandising rights, leaving them only with the rights to the episodes created. (but not to the plots within those episodes.)

Better to never make something than to have it taken away from you and turned bad. (Also as you can tell by the lack of dollar signs in my eyes, I don't have any serious intention of making a cartoon.)

Hedgehog's mom is a piece of shit. If the other video is anything to go by. Bet she did it on purpose.

Maybe it's a nickname or a surname.

Artists in the animation industry tend to be approachable on social media, user (Twitter and Tumblr, especially). You just need to know how to spread your work out there.

Based David Gemmill

I'm genuinely surprised that he hasn't been blacklisted from the industry. I wanna see his stance on The Loud House

>O.K K.O
GodDAMMIT, user! If you actually paid attention to the fucking logo, you'd know that OK K.O.! is the correct punctuation! How can you even punctuate just one letter? That's not how abbreviations work

>why aren't you making your own cartoon yet Sup Forums?

ah, but I am. it's just taking time because I'm a lone animator with a full time job. I want it to look good and not like this tumblr tier shit. quality > quantity

That's a dumb name anyways. Wish they kept it Lakewood Plaza Turbo.

Connections don't mean as much as people say they do. They can help sure but you still have to have a skill others appreciate and a temperament and personality others feel like dealing with.

I've got plenty of friends in the industry but I can't get a job because no one cares about writers and I'm a bit of an argumentative asshole.

ignore he's a massive fag that is just posting that in every single thread where O.K K.O is mentioned for some reason he gets really butthurt whenever you spell OKKO wrong.

Ha ha ha. In the industry and the nepotism is sadly real.

>it's another "graphics don't matter" argument

that fucking leg on the hedgehog is atrocious you can't defend that shit

The newest upcoming generations of action cartoons are action comedies like O.K.K.O! and Disney's DuckTales (2017).
Probably other stuff like some Disney Marvel superhero cartoon show, some Warner Bros DC superhero cartoon show (I read Young Justice will get a new season again or something like that), some Nickelodeon CGI action cartoon show like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012), which is most likely going to end soon, anime shows like My Hero Academia, and whatever.
There's lots.

He's like John K except he never had anything like Ren and Stimpy so he's literally just a fossilized elitist

Action cartoons are replaced with video games now, even if its a bad substitute for it

Oh, it appears I was talking out of my ass. I saw someone say something like that in one of these threads, or maybe I misread it. My bad.

i am 12 and what the fuck is this shit?

Star vs.?

Come on folks. You know that normal kids wouldn't watch this shit, right? This is "special education" material at best. Of course it's going to be harmless and safe.

Aqua Teen takes a HUGE advantage of the fact that its animated. Its initial humor was, "Look at our cardboard cut-out animation", which wasn't too common at the time. Bad JPEG fire overlays, explosion animations over stuff. It utilizes it being animated in a big way for its humor outside of the typical "crazy non-human stuff happening!".

Julia Pott is well known for making some really weird and surreal animation. It would surprise me if she didn't incorporate some of that into the show.

Ducktales 2017 looks like an Adult Swim parody than an action show. I don't get that saturday morning vibe from it.

>Julia Pott is well known for making some really weird and surreal animation
No thank you, we have enough talentless hipsters in the industry.

Becuase I have a job that pays twice as much for a fraction of the work, and I don't have to worry about being called a hack for the rest of my life when I decide to leave.

Working on a cartoon for a major network means you also have to have a high tolerance for stupid shit.

>talentless
c'mon now.
youtube.com/watch?v=g81l7aQwjQ4

That looks like a freshman's portfolio work.

Julia's obsession with bones and gore is just weird, man. Like, even when her work has no reason to feature any of it, someone will tear off a limbr or break a bone or something.

Dang, now i'm just thinking about how she will manage to stick it in this show somehow.

I'm starting to think that bitch is going to be the next Rebecca Sugar in Sup Forums.

Thats nightmare fuel. The two-frame thing on stationary characters (animating more for nothing btw) doesnt help.

It wasn't. It was done by Hornet animation.
Julia Pott told us about her process at a talk at Ottawa International Animation Festival last year. Hornet's a good, good studio. I just think her style is a bit hard to adapt into commercial animation style.

Will the series be done by a different studio then?

You best not be talking shit about Space Tree

No, I believe the series will be produced by CN, with animation probably done by Rough Draft Studios in South Korea ( responsible for most of our cartoons like Clarence, SU, WBB etc). Hornet only produced the pilot.
Hornet is known for creating cool animated commercials for TV. You've definitely seen things by them before. They've also branched out into producing pilots for animated TV series. This summer in fact, they've put out a call for series ideas/art for creating more pilots. You can check their website for more info if you're interested!
I'm participating in that program right now, it's pretty exciting haha.

Fuck, Sugar learned mitosis.