What the FUCK did I just watch...

What the FUCK did I just watch? I loved it all the way through but I still dont know what the fuck happened or what any of it means

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tld2PW4TQFE?t=113
waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/
youtube.com/watch?v=-iHt1UQK4e4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pure kino

Comfy Retard Coop Kino

I know exactly what happened and what it means but I'm not going to tell you.

would have been better with peter dinklage

Time travel and alternate universe shenanigans.

>What the FUCK did I just watch? I loved it all the way through but I still dont know what the fuck happened or what any of it means
Basically Sarah Palmer knew about Laura's molestation but didn't do anything about it. S3 is about revealing her crimes.

Who else /criedattheend/ here?
I just wanted Coop to be happy. But I guess he gave Laura that chance and that's good enough.

Kino
Do it for Dougie

>Dougie did it for his family

He could have been happy, but he got overconfident and fucked everything up.

What do you mean? Are you referring to when he went into the Black Lodge in S2?
Because in The Return he knew exactly what he was doing.

I mean in the final episode.
If he really knew exactly what he was doing, he would have been successful.
Instead, he tried something and only wound up making things worse.
Laura may have been important to the Fireman's plan (for some reason), but it's clear that they would have been better off writing her off as a loss and moving on to plan B.

Watching it now on the blu ray is so much better than having to wait between the episodes when they first aired. The story should really be viewed as an 18 h film.

What was it about those synced episodes? Is this a thing or bullshit?

youtu.be/Tld2PW4TQFE?t=113

>he knew exactly what he was doing.

until Judy snatched Laura out of the woods. he didn't really think about that now did he?

One of the producers said it was bullshit but they really do go incredibly well together.

>He knew exactly what he was doing

I can't believe months after this and the final dossier came out people still don't get the fact he is just a pawn in a turf war between spirits, they only helped him so he could cuck himself because it throws a spanner in Judy's dominance.

He was literally better off being brainlet dougie for the sheer fact the spirits couldn't really use him

But also for barely legal highschool pusy.

>what did I just watched?

a meditation on mortality, time, nostalgia, fan expectation, the unavoidable necessity of evil and the duality of the universe.

Fat barely legal innie pusy

Can the man really be blamed for that?

Sheryl Lee is CUTE kino!

SHIT. That's what you watched. Sadly lynch has lost it in his old age. What a shame. Judy. What a fucking joke.

>preferring deranged roasties over purest girl

JOOOAAAWWWWDAAAYY

In all seriousness, Judy is the key to everything in Season 3

Do i have to watch the second series and fire walk with me to enjoy this new series?

Made it half way through season 2 and lost interest

You watched the most efficient pleb filter ever made. See

*notices syringe injection marks*
OwO what's this

yes. just fast forward James shit

Yes
Besides, James' out-of-town adventures and the rest of the poor plots from the middle of season 2 will make you appreciate the rest of the show all that much more

SAM STANLEY
A
M

S
T
A
N
L
E
Y

Anybody remember Dual Spires?

Man, it's hard to believe that was only 8 years ago.

I enjoyed the season very much, but throwing episode 8 in there (which was easily the best episode ever) and then not explaining The Fireman's motive and not showcasing/explaining a little more of the lore the series had made me wanting more and produced a strong feeling of disappointment in my stomach

Lol you can't explain why it's good can you?

The S2 finale will make you nut

Lynch wants you to think of the fill in the holes yourself based on what you feel
Frost wants you to know that the ultimate goal of the spirits that aren't BOB, Judy or the woodsmen is to defeat Donald Trump. They may or may not also be ayy lmaos

you cannot explain why anything is objectively "good" you pleb.

>doesnt understand whats going on
>doesnt get the concepts and meaning
>no idea what the plot is
>loves it

The absolute state of this fucking board

sheryl!

Considering that they live in multiple parallel realities, I think they'd be considered ayys by definition.

They're fanboys, ignore them. They'd love it if lynch shat on a plate and made them eat it.

Don't give him any ideas!

>you will never have a 90's Sheryl friend

YWN go on a ski trip with these two

>not making Laura and Audrey reunite as friends so you can have double CUTE pusy

It was still visually engrossing throughout and I love the characters even if I'm disappointed the real coop only got to be in Twin Peaks for about 15 minutes

I think we can all agree that we all have some DoppelCoop in all of us. That's what makes him so scary.

He’s got his own emmo!

>Oh hey remember that zany tv-show from the 80's with the whole murder mystery... Twin Peaks! That's right! Did we ever find out who the killer was?
Yes In fact we did Cheryl, I'm glad you asked. You see in 1945 during the trinity test, the US gov. opened up astral projections from a parallel m-theory universe which exists interdependently with our space-time continuum, during this process a metaphysical being was materialized by the name of Judy, a spirit of sorts which is fueled by the cornstarch manufactured by human apathy, this creature laid waste to a whole--
>Umm.. Jim I don't think..
Please Cheryl, don't interrupt me again, you stupid whore. Anyways, so remember the evil spirit that was manifested by the nuclear bomb? It gave birth to some sort of lesser familiar, which bagged peoples souls and festered on their agony. This spirit inhabited Laura Palmer's father, Leland Palmer--
>Jim.. I really don't have time for..
CHERLY YOU STUPID, STUPID NORMIE CUNT SIT DOWN AND LISTEN. So as I was saying, you see Leland whom was under the possession of Bob, oh by the way Bob is the name of the lesser demon given birth by Judy. Remember Judy, Cherly? The atomic lovechild? So anyways, you see Leland didn't actually want to kill Laura, because remember the inter-dimensional mind-raping alien feeds on hate-gunk, which is generated by agony, and it would be in the creatures best interest to keep Laura and Leland alive so they could agonize each other forever and thus creating more corn for the corn gods. But things go out of hand--
>Please J-jim... n-no more... n-no more twin peaks!!!!
SHUT UP CHERYL. LET ME FINISH MY STORY YOU DUMB BITCH. GOD YOU'RE SO FUCKING LYNCHED RIGHT NOW HAHA. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT A PLEBEIAN YOU ARE. Now where was I... Oh that's right, I forgot to mention about electricity and sex! Now you see here Cheryl, the corn-gobbler from outer space and electricity go hand in hand, it is through electricity this entity can transition and fabricate........

Sorry but I don't think you understood what happened.
He has been succesful. It literally worked all out in the end. Thats why he even said goodbye to everyone before.
Are you stupid as well?

Step up your game faggots. This one has practically been confirmed by Lynch.
waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

I agree, i am also a twisted individual with a wicked sense of humour

You forgot to put at the end
>I really love season 3 because there's no fan service or exposition...

>Twin Peaks: The Return has a symmetrical structure. For example, Cooper enters catatonic Dougie-state 2.5 hours in and wakes up with 2.5 hours to go.
I just got LYNCHED

>Losing track of Laura in alternate reality past
>Losing himself in his dimension hopping quest to get her back
>Find her, only to realize that Judy and her minions have already all but succeeded in erasing Laura Palmer's entire identity from existence and/or displaced Coop and Laura from reality, leaving them with little recourse for the future
>Not to mention the damage that the altered timeline has had on everyone in Twin Peaks

Great plan he's got there.

>The Fireman tells Cooper in the very first scene, “It is in our house now.” The “it” is Judy and her Black Lodge denizens. The Fireman is never more serious than he is here. This is a very, very bad thing, requiring desperate measures. He then gives Cooper three reminders: 430 [miles to the crossover into the alternate reality], Richard and Linda [Cooper and Diane’s alter egos], and “Two birds with one stone” [Cooper’s plan].
>The trap has three key elements:
>The Cage: a pocket dreamworld created by the White Lodge, containing Odessa, Texas and Twin Peaks
>The Lure: Cooper and Diane
>The Bomb: Laura Palmer
>“home” is the White Lodge, where Laura originated in episode 8. Cooper takes Laura to the Jackrabbit’s Palace White Lodge grove. The sound the Fireman played for Cooper is heard just as Laura Palmer disappears, screaming as she does. This signals that the White Lodge has picked her up. Cooper is not especially surprised at her disappearance. He looks up because she has been pulled up, as she was from the Red Room in episode 2 (with the same fluttering noise). Up is the direction to the White Lodge.
holy shit why has this not been posted yet? this blows my mind at the moment

>Cooper paces, confused, trying to hold on to his thoughts. “What year is this?” he asks, as one might ask one’s self in a dream. This stirs something in Laura, some knowledge of the Cage’s unreality, and it is enough so that Judy calls out to her in Sarah’s voice. At this point, Laura does remember, and she knows what she needs to do as well. It is possible that she has full knowledge of her role in the Trap. The collective weight of her past returns and she lets out a tremendous, violent shriek, discharging all her suffering within the confines of the Cage. The bomb explodes.

>The lights in the Palmer house overload and blow out. The electricity stops. The screen goes black and the scream dissolves into an echo and fades away. Judy is destroyed along with everything else in the Cage. The plan worked. “It” entered our house at the very beginning of episode 1 and exited at the very end of episode 18. The daughter’s trauma, caused by her father, destroys her mother.

>Not coincidentally, Laura, Cooper, and Sarah Palmer are the three characters who have seen the white horse. The Log Lady said, “Woe to the ones who behold the pale horse.” All three are destroyed in the blast.

tfw you're a brainlet and didnt get any of this

I think you may be seeing things that are not actually there.

the power of cuteposting

Coop fucked up and Judy took Laura
And in the end, when Coop realises that he has fucked up and asks what year it is, Judy shows up and makes the light inside the Palmer house go out
Coop is just some guy who likes Tibet who got in way over his head
25 years ago, he tried to beat the supernatural and "the evil that men do". He failed and got himself trapped in the evil dimension
This time he tried to outsmart and beat THE ancient evil. He failed and broke all of reality as a result

>This time he tried to outsmart and beat THE ancient evil. He failed and broke all of reality as a result

This sound ridiculously unappealing to me. Should I just skip S3?

I know that you don't know because I know only i know.

would murder and wrap in plastic desu

It's pronounced PLAAAS-tik.

oh Leland!

>we didn't protect that smile

>coop altered the timeline, leading to pete never discovering the body and instead spending the day fishing
;_;
i'm sure jack nance would have liked it

>Step up your game faggots. This one has practically been confirmed by Lynch.
>waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/
Fuck that's deep, going to throw on some Tool, smoke a bowl and reread

In my eyes, The Return is largely about the Fireman's plan to rescue Laura's spirit from the Black Lodge and return her (and the "goodness" she exudes) to the world no matter the cost. Without her, the world is subject to Judy and Bob's influence and thus thrown off balance.

The Fireman, with the help of Coop, is able to bend the rules a bit and sends him on a mission to both find Laura in the past, and to "cross over" into a new stage that will become current reality for all the spirits on Earth. Once Laura meets Coop in the past, she is removed from reality (by Judy or perhaps some other force) and is inserted into the role of Carrie Page. Coop and Diane soon follow and most importantly, Judy and Bob would likely join them in pursuit of "Laura" and her abundance of garmonbozia. From the start, this was the plan; to insert all parties into a place where Judy hasn't swayed the odds too far in her favor.

From here, Coop (Richard) and Carrie seem to have retained enough memories of their former selves to continue the mission. They go to the Palmer house, experience even more confusion and then in a wave of torment, Carrie remembers all of her past life, trauma and possibly the events that led up to this trransformation. Like realizing something is wrong in a dream, she wakes up or at least becomes aware of the true nature of things. The lights go out, our screen goes black and the show and universe that is Twin Peaks ends.

The last dim, looping image of Laura and Coop is either implying their spirits have returned to the waiting room in search of a new life on earth (or in a new season), or that this is the all WE have left of them, a loose, endless memory from a reality that never actually existed.

I don't agree with the "Laura Bomb" idea since Judy isn't implied to be a force that can be destroyed. Both she and Bob embody negativity, pain and suffering; things that are permanent in life and act as a counterbalance to the positivity and goodness that is Laura.

>What the FUCK did I just watch?
One of the dullest franchises in the history of TV franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lynch vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing an episode; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his meditation. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same Chris Carter. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch X-Files." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch X-Files.

>This one has practically been confirmed by Lynch.

I haven't seen any information suggesting that. And if Lynch ever confirmed anything, I suspect it would come in the form of "Uhhh, sure. Why not?"

As interesting as the theory makes the story, it's highly dubious, at best.

DAILY REMINDER

BRAINLET TIER:
Watching Lynch for the plot

PLEB TIER:
Watching Lynch for the wacky surrealism

PATRICIAN TIER:
Watching Lynch for his fascinating perception of human interaction

ELDER GOD TIER:
Watching Lynch for the cute girls

>This time he tried to outsmart and beat THE ancient evil. He failed and broke all of reality as a result
but doesn't the fireman share part of the blame since he was guiding Cooper the whole time? I don't understand why this failure is placed solely at Cooper's feet

JUDY TIER:
watch Lynch for the memes

Leland tier:

Watching Lynch for the rape

Enough of that. Maddy died P U R E.

ASCENDED TIER:
watching for comfy ernie scenes

Honestly I'm just catching up on the season and I believed lynch had gone senile based on inland empire and his music videos and even the couple of webms I had seen posted here making fun of the shit effects, and the entire idea of a belated sequel with and by old has beens turned me off. Basically I expected the worst aspects of lynch (self indulgent randomness) and the worst aspects of frost (pointless soap opera plot lines). But I got the best of both instead. That lynch emotional warmth and gentleness, that genuinely charming sense of humor contrasted with truly disturbing horror imagery. And frost giving him a solid narrative structure to keep him focused rather than self indulgent. And while there are still a few aspects of the show I could criticize like the subpar TV lighting, the cheap look of digital photography and uneven quality in production value that doesn't replicate the visual charm and atmosphere of the old show (the sense of place is lost, the town of twin peaks itself and its timelessness...) , it's sincerely and unironically kino of the highest caliber and I regret doubting lynch. I regret not having experienced it live, the discussions and theories must have been quite a lot of fun. What a wonderful bizarre ride. I haven't experienced such tv kino since John from Cincinnati a decade ago.

>oh yessss

true

>Maddy: long sleeved attire covering her legs and arms gracefully
>Donna: wearing fucking pantyhose to show off her legs all the way up to her thighs

What a slut desu

Why was season 3 so good but the first episode so bad. Really was a shit way to start it all off, considering almost all the plot points in episode 1 were not very relevant to the story

Ep1 was weak but ep2 is kino

ERNIE NILES SPIN-OFF WHEN?

Donna is nasty. She's clingy, emotional, and slutty. Must have gotten that from her mom. Not even that pretty, though the Fire Walk With Me version was qt.

And her actress being a jealous roastie who threatened to walk if there was a proper Cooper/Audrey romance deprived us of that, too

I guess in a way ep 1 was a pleb filter.

who has a webm of that naked chick who delivers the coffees to that guy with the cameras

asking for a friend

This

Screw all your terrible theories. This is the only interpretation that matters, especially considering Lynch and Jones are actually pretty good friends

youtube.com/watch?v=-iHt1UQK4e4

she got what was coming to her

>Protecting roastie slut who was passing that pussy all over town.

She got exactly what she had coming. She even managed to continue tuning lives well after her death.

I'll never understand how she has that gut yet her lower body probably weighs 5 pounds total. What a bizarre weight distribution.

Roasties be all "There's no hurry, I'll find love and have children in my 40's".

ever seen starving kids in africa? Same thing.

>Laura
>roastie