The Destruction of the MCU

>be me, Kevin Feige
>want more power at Marvel
>convince people that the committees that help create these movies are big bad boogeymen
>Disney breaks up the companies and lets me run an entire studio for them without Kike Perlmutter getting his grubby little jew hands Inhuman fetish muddled up in my cinematic universe
>before doing this get them to make Sony let us use Spider-Man
>have to deal with the shockwave of their bullshit with Civil War and Doctor Strange but after that smooth sailing
>Guardians 2 is about to premiere
>mfw it gets worse reviews than the original
>mfw it doesn't make $1B

>okay, okay, that's fine. We have Spider-Man up ne-
>Sony starts saying shit about spinoffs they're making
>the dude who was the only reason why Spider-Man wasn't in the MCU before is now running a separate Spider-Man Cinematic Universe
>Sony says that it's connected to my universe
>make me work with some freak bitch that's coked up 24/7
>mfw spider-man gearing up to be one of the biggest box office disappointments of 2017
>mfw it'll be the first ROTTEN MCU movie
>mfw it's all downhill from here but Thor 3 is directed by one of the best directors in the business rn but he probably won't be able to handle a production of such high caliber and stress.

I think Spiderman THE FILM will be fine, but Sony fucked up the trailers hard. You don't need to tell the audience 80% of the movie before it premiers, unless you're shitting your pants in fear that another failure will make your parent company sell off the movie division (which has been likely for years now). Guys like Perlmutter and Rothman fuck shit up wherever they go.

Just compare the trailers to the Thor 3 trailers, which tell you very little about the movie. Because Marvel is confident. Sony is afraid, and it will cause some loss of sales, but not enough to ruin anyone's day.

>but Thor 3 is directed by one of the best directors in the business right now
Now that's an overstatement.

>>have to deal with the shockwave of their bullshit with Civil War and Doctor Strange

Huh? The committee was dissolved during the making of Civil War. Doctor Strange's the first one they've done without their interference.

should I have said "one of the best indie directors in the business"?

I guess it's all just personal opinion anyway. I watched all of Taika's movies a year ago and fell in love with his style and the emotions his films evoke so in my opinion he is truly one of the best in the biz atm but I can see why other people wouldn't think the same.

I've seen a lot of different reports. Half of them say Civil War is the last wholly committeed one but other reports say that a lot of the writing in Doctor Strange was committeed but the overall production after pre-production was unaffected.

Also the committee actually hasn't been dissolved, they still work on the Marvel TV series. Jeph Loeb talked about it in a Nerdmelt podcast some time last August.

>>make me work with some freak bitch that's coked up 24/7
Who?

>mfw spider-man gearing up to be one of the biggest box office disappointments of 2017
>>mfw it'll be the first ROTTEN MCU movie

There's literally no evidence of that. The only people who keep saying it'll fail are DCucks, jaded die-hard comic elitists and ASM faggots who want it to fail. And all of the above are not in particularly numerous.

If anything, SM: Homecoming is probably going to be one of the highest grossing MCU films to date because it's both MCU AND Spider-Man. It'll likely break the 1 billion point pretty fast.

Amy Pascal

>Embargo drops a week before
Those fools, why cape moviefags care so much about the RT score anyway?

Honestly most people haven't bothered to check his movies out, and ironically they're probably the same people who bitch and moan about Hollywood and cape movies being too safe.
I've only watched Boy but it was pretty damn good (tomboy was best girl), and I'm fairly confident in Thor 3.

>>mfw it doesn't make $1B
I don't think anybody expected this.

>Those fools, why cape moviefags care so much about the RT score anyway?

What the hell is even the significance of RT? Why do people care at all about it? In all the years I've been on the internet I never got it.

>Spider-Man will begin the downfall of the MCU

C'mon Sup Forums it is a little funny

Spider-Man fags are the Sonic fans of Marvel comics. They won't shut up about him and want him to completely overtake the MCU.

>Only seen Boy

Now that was a bait and switch film from the trailers. It as advertised as a comedy here in NZ so I was not ready for the feels

Even if the trailers didn't give away a lot, Spider-Man doesn't present anything new or fresh to the franchise.

Yeah this is my problem with it. I don't need another Spider-Man origin film. We might not see Uncle Ben but we're going to see him "come into his own" and I've seen that enough already

>If anything, SM: Homecoming is probably going to be one of the highest grossing MCU films to date because it's both MCU AND Spider-Man. It'll likely break the 1 billion point pretty fast.
It's tracking lower than GOTG 2's opening weekend.

It was still funny. Him juggling comedy and genuine drama is a good sign.

Does anyone have the leaked emails where it sounds like Amy Pascal wants Kevin's dick?

... except all that shit everybody keeps complaining about like notjock Flash or Peter having a friend or Stark being his mentor of sorts.

>I've only watched Boy
What we do in the Shadows and Hunt for Wilderpeople are fantastic. The latter really delivers on gut punches.The dog dies.

>Who?

Amy "Ghostbusters Reboot" Pascal

Exactly. People keep saying how Vulture is a good beginner villain, but we've seen Spider-Man films do bigger before. Not only that, but Spider-man will go from Vulture to Thanos!
Except his high school life looks cliche. Just because we've haven't seen the same troupes in the MCU doesn't mean they're fresh troupes here.
And Peter and Stark have bonded in Civil War. Like, we've seen that already!

I fucking wish the MCU would die.
And the DCU
And the Dark Universe with all the classic veteran monsters
And probably the kaiju one too just to make statement.

And just like Sonic, Spider-man has gone downhill in the worst ways possible.

wrong
>mfw it'll be the first ROTTEN MCU movie
wrong
>mfw it's all downhill from here but Thor 3 is directed by one of the best directors in the business rn but he probably won't be able to handle a production of such high caliber and stress.
half wrong... maybe 2/3

We have to wait and see how he does with action but I have faith

>this is sony
>and we're here to say
>that the spiderman cinematic universe went off without a hitch

>It'll likely break the 1 billion point pretty fast.

I heard that for GOTG2

>Wrong
>Because of some shills Twitter

Yeah ok

And yet fans will still keep demanding more.

>Spider-Man destroys the MCU.

Please! Yes! For the love of God! I'm tired of this shit franchise ruining everything. It's about time that it failed and failed hard so that Marvel can start focusing on their other mediums. Based Spider-Man is setting the record straight again.

>I just wanted to tell all the naysayers to eat shit. Its over. You've lost. Rt score will ne over 90%, box office gross will be above $1.6 billion
>What excuse will you use?
History tend to repeat itself.Even the shillest of the mouseshills in twatter has a better record.

>i-it's gonna fail this time! F-for real!
Kek!

>Guardians 2 it doesn't make $1B
Only DCFags claimed that shit because they're constantly the ass stain of Sup Forums and /knio/ err, /tvPOL/
$844 million, $375 which comes from the US in 6 weeks is a massive success only a DCfag could cry stroke themselves to sleep over. And since you started this as company war shit in the first place, I'd double cry stroke over BvS' $873 million WW getting passed before GotG2 is out of theaters. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Doomsday getting their ass kicked by a bunch of nobodies in comparison.

>the trailers give everything away!!!
The same lie said of GotG2, CW, AoU... None which was true.

You know what trailer gave everything away? BvS including Doomsday early reveal and no real BvS fight. WW taking down Ares. The Man of Steel fighting Zod through a city to its destruction...

this

fuck DC

I can't wait to see this destroy Blunder Womyn's opening and break ACTUAL records

Ironically with a couple of exceptions (Iron Man 1, Ant-Man, TWS, some parts of AoU) action scenes have rarely been the highlight of most MCU movies.

Why the fuck would you expect Hollywood movies to come up with new tropes?
Are you new to movies?

Besides the not-a-60s-jock bully is relatively fresh.

>And Peter and Stark have bonded in Civil War. Like, we've seen that already!
>a mentor-protégé relationship is just about them bonding

>CW
>AoU
Try naming a MCU movie that brings something new to the table, then I'll agree with you.
Which brings me to the question: what benefits will Spider Man: Homecoming bring to the MCU canon as a whole? How will it expand and evolve the mythos we've been growing up with?
inb4 DCEU shill, I just like progression in my cinematic universes. Winter Soldier was top-tier before AoU negated all of its developments.

>Try naming a MCU movie that brings something new to the table
GotG was probably the latest one although I havne't seen the second one or Dr. Strange.

To me it's not all about muh lore and muh continuity, if it's an entertaining movie (which may not be the case) that's fine by me. Fuck even if CW had long time repercussions that wouldn't stop it from being a boring movie with only a couple of worthwile scenes.

Nope that's gonna bomb too. MCU is finished.

Doctor Strange has an interesting detail at the end, but it raises more questions about the mechanics of magic in the MCU than it answers.
And I'm fine with them being fun, but...that hasn't happened in a long time. They've all got the same gags, the same kinds of action sequences, the same aesthetic in almost every setting. Whenever a director or writer tries to make their movie fun or interesting, it gets filtered into quips and bad action sequences.
That's why I'm reluctant to see Thor 3. Those little skit videos of him with the roommate were hilarious, but I'm almost certain none of that charm is gonna be in the final product.

The most positively regarded Spiderman film (if not the best because they're all iffy" is Spiderman 2.

The lessons that should be learned for it is that Spiderman should be an adult, he should be forced to deal with real problems, the villain should be thematically and morally tied to Peter's own struggle, and it should end on a positive note that while not making his life perfect, should show that his adversity is not pointless.

The new film is fucking up, because a shitty school life isn't a real problem, because when you grow up you realize that your shitty school life didn't matter. It's also fucking up because the Vulture is more thematically tied to Stark than to Peter, he's just a bad guy Peter has to stop.

A much better film would have been Peter having to reconcile the idea of his superhero life and his ordinary life. Deal with the idea of giving everything else up to be a hero. Have there be an offer to cover his expenses so he can be a Superhero. Eventually have him reconcile and realize that he wants to help people but he wants to pursue his dream as well and that being Spiderman isn't a job for him, but a responsibility so he chooses not to endorsed and paid for it.

There are retards who only go see movies if they have good Reddit Tomatoes scores. They add up. Imagine if 10, 15 million people decide not to watch a movie due to poor RT. That's hundreds of millions of dollars down the drain.

>WW taking down Ares.
I don't remember seeing it in any of the trailers.

>Rated R MCU Movie

This will be interesting

Yeah OK user. I'm sure it wasn't Marvel fans that were posting laughing Drax saying how Wonder Woman was going to flop and how GOTG2 was easily going to pass a billion.

If a movie gets shit reviews, it means there's gonna be less people interested in seeing them. If people aren't overhyped to see a movie and they're just in the fence about it, a bad review will more than likely convince them not to do it.
Reviewers might not have the power they used to, but they still hold some.

>it raises more questions about the mechanics of magic in the MCU than it answers.
To be fair that's kind of Dr. Stange's schtick.
>the same kinds of action sequences
Ant-Man had some of the most unique looking fight scenes in action movies. GotG action (although it usually looks awful) is also more shoot-out than most of the rest of the MCU which is mostly a lot of punching and flipping.
>the same aesthetic in almost every setting
That's just not accurate.

I can understand your concerns but I feel like the samey argument has been overblown at this point. I'll probably wait for the BDrip anyway likie I usually do.

I just realized they named it "Silver & Black" and not "Black $ Silver" to trick a bunch of Raiders Fans into watching the movie

>The lessons that should be learned for it is that Spiderman should be an adult, he should be forced to deal with real problems, the villain should be thematically and morally tied to Peter's own struggle, and it should end on a positive note that while not making his life perfect, should show that his adversity is not pointless.
That's so fucking stupid. What are you, a Hollywood exec? You don't just copy the beats of a "good" movie and end up with a similarly "good" movie, it doesn't work that way.

>A much better film would have been Peter having to reconcile the idea of his superhero life and his ordinary life
So literally (literally) Spider-Man 2. Want to put in some web erectile dysfunction while you're at it?

I predicted that Spidey would ruin the MCU by being shoehorned into everything, and with that Sony will be able to ruin the entire MCU because the cancer will spread everywhere.

>the dude who was the only reason why Spider-Man wasn't in the MCU before is now running a separate Spider-Man Cinematic Universe
>Sony says that it's connected to my universe

Glad to see comic book movie canon is starting to look like a comic book canon.

>I predicted that Spidey would ruin the MCU by being shoehorned into everything
So you predicted nothing that actually happened?

I think they ruined Spider-Man by shoehorning Iron Man/MCU into it.

> Their view is Spidey can take center stage in everyone else's movies but no one can appear in Spidey's movies.

I was wary of Marvel getting Spidey back because I've always seen the MCU as a story of how lacking access to your biggest names can force you to develop lesser characters. Literally the power to make stars out of nobodies was inside you all along and all it took was not having Spider-Man and the X-Men as the easy money makers to show it.

Making a deal with the devil to get that character back was always gonna be a bad move.

Fox was already doing it with the X-films.

Dangerous Zombie...

Good.
Capeshit needs to fuck off and die already.