New Wonder Woman Creative Team

James Robinson back!
newsarama.com/34990-new-wonder-woman-creative-team-coming-in-september-2017.html

It's for 6 months apparently

From one mediocre writer to another, pottery. At least Cucka's Wonder Woman had consistently good art, Lupa alone can't carry this book.

Is that Grail? They're pushing her to WW villain list?

>Robinson
>Mediocre
Never read Earth 2 under him have you ?

The only good thing he has written lately is Nick Fury

Nick Fury isn't much good. Anyway they're definitely gonna take flak on two male writers doing the big stretches in a row.

Meh

>People bitching about Robinson bringing Jason into the story
>Forgetting this is what the Rucka book was originally pitched as doing
ho hum

>Grail
>Wonder Woman's twin brother Jason
>Giganta is going to job

This is going to suck isn't it?

I'm digging the book but that might be mostly because of the ACO art

He is largely a mediocre writer, Earth 2 was ok and Starman was in 90s. He has also written a lot of offensive shit, that aside his recent Wanda and SS stuff was pretty bland.

Starman was superb, but it's also far and away the best thing he ever wrote. This feels like a misstep on the back of the movie, or at least there will be plenty of hot takes that it is.

I really think they should try and put Jill Thomson on the mainline book.

>liking 3d poser garbage

>Robinson
YES
>Giganta
YES
>Grail
ERR

Article says he's only writing six issues. Hopefully they'll get someone more interesting on the book after that.

>fill in
>followed by another fill in
DC is such a mess right now

Marguerite Bennett

Are they stalling untill Snyder takes over or what? Anyway I'd really love for Cecil Castulluci to take over, Shade us a treat and a half.

No matter what you think about the rest of Rucka's run at least he had the good sense to avoid the Jason issue completely

But Bennett is busy with the Bombshells relaunch.

Keep Castellucci away from Rebland.

I read about that in the Rebirth solicits though. He clearly thought about going there.

What are the chances Robinson brings back new 52 origins?

>Robinson on any DC book that's not an E2 continuation
It's not fair
E2:Rebirth and JSA:Rebirth when

Blame Rucka being lame and leaving. DC hasn't had to replace writers on their main books yet till he got too busy with other shit.

>Robinson

They all come crawling back eventually

Rucka only had a one year contract though. I'm pretty sure that was announced by him back when the Rebirth teams were being revealed.

Maybe she's on a Wildstorm book. When are new Wildstorm books coming out anyway? If Ellis Ellises it up I'm gonna fucking commit sudoku.

1. Rucka sucked
2. He told them from the start how long he was going to be on from
3. You should blame the editors for not scouting talent

Seriously fucking doubt that. Expect Shalvey or someone friends with Ellis.

>Grail
Oh look, my edgy-fu is back!

>liking Grail
Sup Forums unironically likes Egg-Fu. Suck my dick.

Shit man, today is the day (if the solicitations do come out) that we will learn if Shade is going to be cancelled before the first trade even comes out.

put that other wonder woman artist, who replaced nicolla scott in rucka's run, in another book ASAP

she is too great to do nothing

Way was really confident in longevity of these books in his recent interview with Kevin Smith, I really doubt they would cancel stuff before 18-20 issues.

DC are so retarded. It was the second one to debut of the YA lineup(and had no major delays unlike DP). I get waiting until you get release the first trade as the DP one, but why wait and make the Shade one last? DC trade department is abysmal. I think they canceled the second Kid Eternity trade too... and it would've completed the whole run too but DC really hates some of it;s fans.

Not really feeling that art.

Bilquis Evely?

I'll care if they release Cho variants.

Isn't that cover by Hitch?

The fuck is giganta going to do

Job to Grail. What else?

Not very excited for this because Robinson has completely failed to write Wonder Woman well repeatedly. And everything involving Grail has been awful.

But man the Twitter hot takes on this being sexist are fucking dumb. Like, do you not see the potential FEMINIST angle to this? Wonder Woman was literally created to be a contrast to the overly masculine superheroes of the time, it's not out of line to introduce a male Amazon as a contrast to the females at all.

Robinson is just coming off of a literally feminist book that embraced the feminine history of pagan religions, so I highly, highly doubt he's going to make this some kind of statement on the superiority of a man.

Admittedly he did that concept really poorly and I don't have my hopes up that this will be any better, but why jump to conclusions about some perceived sexism? Historically Robinson's Wonder Woman has been the "badass" one that dumb people seem to adore.

And these people are naturally horribly misinformed and not even fucking reading the book in the first place, shown by them going "WOW DC COMING OFF THE SUCCESS OF THE MOVIE WITH THIS" ignoring the fact that it's being preceded by a run by a female duo and they also announced a Simone-written Wondie book TODAY

Bilquis Evely, her and Liam Sharp confirmed they're both staying at DC, no announcements yet though

Bilquis Evely on LoSH. I need it.

It depends on what they consider a good sales level for it is. If I were to guess, it'd be Vertigo-sales levels they're aiming at.

On top of that if it's true that Marvel lowered the cancellation level then it's possible DC might be doing the same.

I almost wish there was more people publically ripping apart stupid Twitter and tumblr hot takes.

Fuck it, I'll ask. Why do you guys hate Rucka's WW again?

>FEMINIST angle
Angle you say? I'm the man of it.

Is it too much to ask for Giganta to get a good story/exposure? She's done basically nothing and only ever gets posted because of the fetish shit she did with Atom

give it to priest kek

>self wank
>dindu villains
>pushing bland OCs
>ultra decompression
>too safe, uninspired and uninteresting
Among other things.

>But man the Twitter hot takes on this being sexist are fucking dumb.

They're not supposed to make sense. 99% of Twitter "representation" takes just mean "hire me or my friend."

Hopefully it's just to get the twin brother storyline out of the way for the next writer.

Shade is fantastic though I don't know how Castellucci will do on a more mainstream book like WW. If they're angling for a female writer next I'd also like Genevieve Valentine.

its only for one arc, maybe Perkins takes over next

That book is already dead. The first issue had ~40K sales, and the second has 16,690.

Gen13 when!?!?!

Six months, twelve issues.

I actually liked Robinson's Scarlet Witch OK (it was basically the same as his "The Shade" series but with a chick, complete with rotating artists) but he hasn't been an A-list writer for a long time now.

WW should be hot right now so I don't quite know why they haven't been able to replace Rucka with a full-time writer or even an exciting part-timer.

Though I guess the obvious choice, Heinberg, could never possibly deliver a script on time.

Solicitations just dropped, #12 does not have FINAL ISSUE attached to it. It says that #12 is the end of the first story arc (which I thought ended six issues ago).

>this day and age men can't write books with female led characters
there goes my dream of writing the actual Jean Grey book where i redeem her from decades of character assassination

Dubs confirm it. Long live these hipster capeshit.

I'm with you on SS, but I really liked Scarlet Witch.

I just think he didn't Gel with the Marvel style, that is to say having your book cancelled or relaunched every 11 issues

>too safe
>this is a complaint coming from a board that never shits up about WW's frequently changing status quo
Oh go fuck yourself, you meme-fagging hypocrite.

>Sup Forums is one people

It sure as fuck tends to act like it is. And no amount of green texting is going to change that fact this criticism of "too safe" is utter whoreshit, since Sup Forums never stops rambling on about how Diana's book is always changing. Fuck you, fuck your whore mother who shat you out, and fuck your blatant hypocrisy.

This is the history of Wonder Woman basically. Scattered good runs in a sea of holding pattern, fill in runs. That being said, I'm a huge robinson apologist so I'm happy

Alright Cucka, calm down.

Oh good, you're coming at me with forced memes now. What next, image macros, buzzwords, suddenly reversing your argument and claiming you don't care about WW anyway, calling me an autistic fanboy or trying to shift blame on the fan base, respond simply with a dismissive lol or kek? Go right the fuck ahead, cause I've seen it all, and none of the cheap tricks you can pull out of your narrow ass can save you from your own bullshit.
Your only real options here are to either take some fucking responsibility for once in your miserable life and admit that your critique is contradictory, or you can stop posting and go slink away into the corner trash bin where you rightfully belong anyway. Pick one.

k

Thought so. Go ahead and cry home to momma. Bitch.

You sure showed him.

Let me guess, they're going to change everything yet again. Fucking DC man.

You've got to think that if Robinson's only there for six months they're going to try and hire someone good/interesting, considering Wondy's movie has become a phenomenon.

You know, we already brought Rucka back for a second go-round, what's Perez doing these days?

>Perez
He just had a heart attack and is recovering, with a few cancelled upcoming con appearances

Oh, well, never mind, then.

And of course Simone would be the obvious choice, maybe too obvious.

Who could they bring on that would be appropriate for Diana's new pop culture status?

Snyder is the only "big" person they could put on it who has a lot of interest I think.

>And of course Simone would be the obvious choice, maybe too obvious.

She's doing a Wonder Woman/Conan crossover. So maybe there's a chance she'll be back on a main DC book in the not too distant future.

Yeah the cover is by Hitch.
Pic related is the interior artist's Wonder Woman.

I will take Bennett over the actual Robinson. At least we will get some lesbains.

James Robinson did like 3 good books in his career so he'll get a free pass for a mediocre, run of the mill comic

more importantly, why's it focusing on wonder woman's brother and not wonder woman? its fucking dumb

>I will take Bennett over the actual Robinson
Your fucking insane then.

Grail was meant to be a mirror to Diana, user.

The DC boot camp seems to help her. It works on Sam Humphries.

They seem to be tackling a lot of the Rebirth mysteries in September.

I also hate jokes.

I bet they do after the numbers they pulled in may

I'd rather they not go with Simone again. Sadly I also can't think of anyone realistic I'd be excited to see on the book. The current Big 2 writing pool is really lacking.

Anyone you'd like from Image, then?

I'm trying to imagine a Hickman Wonder Woman and failing.

> Liam Sharp confirmed they're both staying at DC
Please Christ in heaven put him on Aquaman after Sejic or a new Martian Manhunter series.

Bad writing.

Rucka did change the status quo, and was still too safe

>Are they stalling untill Snyder takes over or what?

Pretty much.

Bilquis Evely is great, but pairing her up with Fajardo Jr. was a mistake, his colouring doesn't fit her art, she should work with Ivan Plascencia again. If Ivan is too busy or something I'm fine with FCO or Mat Lopes too. Don't get me wrong I loved Fajardo's work with ACO, Bagenda, Nicola Scott etc. basically everywhere else, his colouring just isn't a good fit for Evely's art.

Marjorie Liu, even though not a great writer, can do mythology and is a woman. So it fills all the requirements. I'd take her above Rucka or Robinson.

Rucka changed the status quo by going "Nuh-uh, it didn't happen!" Most writers have the decency to make one or two retcons then ignore anything they don't like, Rucka more or less took an ax to anything he could post-2006.

Azz literally ignored everything about WW, her supporting cast and her villains.

So you know, fair's fair

Ignoring isn't the same as retconing

IMO Rucka's was worse. Azz mostly ignored her old status quo, but he didn't go out of his way to erase it, for the most part. You could make the argument, for example, that Io and Ferdinand were still out there, and Diana just wasn't going to run into them on this particular adventure because of various changes to the status quo in the aftermath of Flashpoint. The biggest change you could argue was his change of Ares.

Meanwhile, Rucka went out of his way to get rid of everything else in the franchise outside of his own run. It was extraordinarily petty and mean-spirited.

>Didio took great effort in getting rid of hacks like Cucka, Robinson and Waid, so they could go and shit up Marvel.
>Johns is now bringing them back
I bet this is going to be a lot worse than Cucka's run. At least Cucka was bland rather than straight up unreadable.

Azz was also coming off a near complete company-wide continuity reboot. Even then his only true retcons were the Zeus baby origin and Amazonian culture, everything else was simply not brought up.