Marvel Titles will be remembered to legacy numbering

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/19/11-marvel-comics-getting-renumbered-marvel-legacy-make-mine-marvel/
>Amazing Spider-Man #788.
>Spider-Gwen #28.
>Spider-Man Deadpool #1770.
>Captain America #694.
>Hulk #708.
>Iron Man #593.
>Guardians Of The Galaxy #146.
>Black Panther #165.
>Daredevil #594.
>Gwenpool #21.
>Iron Fist #72.
>Ultimate2 #100
>Venom 150

The fuck?

It says a lot about Marvel relaunches when SP/DP reach the 1700 numbering

Who gives a shit? Those numbers are unearned and are probably 50% off.

>they're not all rounded numbers
Huh, that actually surprises me. I was under the impression that they were going to combine ancillary issues as need be to make sure that every legacy number was going to be a "milestone" issue. All being multiples of 25 or something.

House of Ideas
Just not our own ideas

Maybe it's a joke on how large many of the renumbers are jumping to?

So, the #0 issue of Gwenpool is just going to be considered #1 now?

Didnt Breevort say that the reason they dont go back to big numbers anymore was because casual would get confuse?

Eh, not really. At the very least, Spider-man, Spider-gwen, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, GotG, Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Gwenpool are accurate.

I'm not sure about Black Panther. Ultimates combines a couple minis into it so it's fudged by about 11 issues. Venom is a hodge-podge of minis, and obviously, Spider-man/Deadpool is some unholy combination of books that I can't even begin to figure out how they got, but the rest seem perfectly accurate. I'm actually really surprised they didn't add some minis into them so they could round them out to 800, 700, 600, 150, etc. given they did that for Venom and Ultimates.

How long will they use the renumberings before their next relaunch resets them all to 1 again?

Wait, is Spider-Man/Deadpool still an ongoing? I always thought it was a miniseries that got extra issues cause McGuinness got delayed a lot.

I don't think Gwenpool's number is actually changing at all. Why Rich included it is beyond me.

a year

Nope, it's still ongoing. It goes about:
>6 issues by Kelly/McGuinness
>2-3 filler issues
>6 more issues by Kelly/McGuiness
Or around that. Kelly/McGuiness are taking their time to do their issues so Marvel just shits out some horrible filler issues inbetween their arcs so it can keep a monthly schedule.

Maybe combining all the various Team-Up books that Marvel has had over the years?

Yeah, but multiple volumes right on top of each other don't? Brevort just likes to talk to hear the sound of his own voice.

All new #1's in January, then all new #1's in July, and then a return to the original numbers in Januar, repeat forever...

I hope they start double numbering. Keep the big number somewhere and then use a trade or story numbering system so people know when it's a good time to jump on.

Or just, you know, go back to telling entire stories each issue so people can jump on whenever they want. But that would be crazy.

Eh, whatever. It's good to see a return to legacy numbering.

>Ultimate2
>#100
That's some hardcore horseshit.

It's:
>Ultimates (1-13)
>Ultimates 2 (1-13)
>Ultimates 3 (1-5)
>New Ultimates (1-5)
>Ultimate Comics: Ultimates (1-30)
>All-new Ultimates (1-12)
>Ewing's Ultimates (1-12)
>Ultimates^2 (1-9)
With issue #10 of Ultimates^2 being #100. It actually does work out since those were all the mainline Ultimates books at any given time.

The bullshit comes from the fact that they're combining the 1610 Ultimates with the 616 Ultimates, but the actual issue numbers work out.

Anons measured that a while back. It adds up. Remember, there are the Ultimates books from the Ult!U (Ultimates 1, Ultimates 2 & Ultimates 3 plus New Ultimates).

Evidently, Ultimates #100 is going to feature the actual 1610 Ultimates along with The Maker becoming a major part of the book, so Ewing is making it work.

What I'm wondering is if Miles' Spider-man book is going to get the same treatment via Ultimate Spider-man. If he does, will it just be the Miles issues or will it include the Ultimate Peter issues. If he does, then that would be:
>Ultimate Spider-man 1-133
>Ultimate Comics: Spider-man 1-15
>Ultimate Spider-man 150-160
>Ultimate Comics: All-new Spider-man 1-28
>Ultimate Spider-man #200
>Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-man 1-12
>Spider-man 1-current (which by September would be #20)
Which would bring his ongoing up to #232 assuming it renumbers at #20.

Into the trash it goes.

not even an attempt at avengers? probably too much work

I actually think I might know how they got that number: combining all Spider-man Team-up books with Deadpool Team-up books.

At one point, Deadpool Team-up renumbered to 899 then started counting down from there. If they use that fact they could do "899" issues of Deadpool team-up combined with the various Spider-man team-up ongoings there have been over the decades of which there have been MANY.

It's more likely that that's just a bullshit number because they're going to do an issue set in the year 1770 though.

long enough for ASM to #800

so a year

I was fine with ultimates being renumbered because reaching a 100 is sort of a special occasion, plus by Ewing's own admission it's going to be his personal tribute to Jack Kirby. And maybe it's understandable that they would like to renumber spiderman since it's the closest thing they have to a 1000. But what is the point with all the others? Why scare away old and new readers by making it more complicated? DC only renumbered AC and DC because they are pretty much the parents of cape comics. All the others stayed as relaunches.

in the same month, we'll have:
>Daredevil #600
>Captain America #700
>Spider-man Deadpool #1776

These aren't all the renumberings, just the ones that Rumor Rich was able to find out about. It's actually not that hard to get the Avengers' legacy number.

>Avengers v1: 407
>Avengers v2: 13
>Avengers v3: 85
>Avengers v4: 36
>Avengers v5: 46
>All-new All-Different Avengers: 15
>Avengers v6: 11 (as of August solicitations)
Gets you 613.

>New Avengers v1: 64
>New Avengers v2: 35
>New Avengers v3: 33
>New Avengers v4: 18
Gets you 150.

>Mighty Avengers v1: 36
>Mighty Avengers v2: 14
>Captain America and the Mighty Avengers: 9
Gets you 59

>Avengers Assemble v1: 25
25, obviously.

>Ultimate Comics: Avengers: 6
>Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2: 6
>Ultimate Comics: Avengers 3: 6
>Ultimate Comics: Ultimate Death of Spider-man: Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates: 6

>Secret Avengers v1: 39
>Secret Avengers v2: 16
>Secret Avengers v3: 15

So all that comes to 959. I'm sure there's some other one-off ongoings or minis they could throw in there to get it to 1000 if they really wanted. Of course, this is assuming they would combine all these different titles together which would be some next level bullshit. If they don't count ANAD Avengers they could probably do Avengers #600.

If they do count ANAD Avengers, they could easily renumber at #616 which would be neat.

>a year
ASM double-ships more often than not. It won't take long to get to 800.

>But what is the point with all the others?

I think what they found out is that every time they kept relaunching there ended up being too many fucking #1s and by that point more and more people stopped caring.

>Why scare away old and new readers by making it more complicated?

They already made it more complicated once they abused the relaunching. How many fucking #1s does Captain Marvel have in the last 5 years?

so 6 months, which lines it up with

Combining Miles with anything makes no sense, because his book isn't titled Ultimate Spider-Man - just Spider-Man.

Has there been an Adjectiveless Spider-Man book before? If so, that's the only one they can combine this one with and be consistent.

>just Spider-Man
Sure, but it's a relaunch of Ultimate Spider-man. It's no different from how they combined the Ultimates books despite each one having a different title. See the fact that, for one issue, Miles' book renumbered to #200 because it was the 200th issue of Ultimate Spider-man. "Spider-man" is just Ultimate Spider-man with the "ultimate" part of the name dropped because it's not set in the ultimate universe anymore.

They won't renumber at 616 because Marvel editorial has been asspained for a long time to try and bury that number. They insist on "the Marvel Universe", or Universe-8 now I guess.

They best not count ANAD or we'll have been cheated of Avengers 600 and I'll be platinum mad.

Can you do one for Uncanny? Curious how close we are to 700.

>It's no different from how they combined the Ultimates books
Or the fact that "Thor" is a combination of "Journey into Mystery" and "Thor."

Well, if they don't count ANAD Avengers then they'd be at #598 for Avengers in September. If they double-ship in September then they could renumber at #600 for October. Or, they could just count "Avengers #0" from the start of All-new All-different Marvel and hit 600 in September via a double ship.

They better rename Miles's book to USM or my autism will be triggered greatly.

>Avengers 500 gave us the end of the Avengers
>Avengers 600 will be some forgettable bullshit

>marvel editorial

Just Tommy Brevoort actually.

I'd rather forget Disassembled, desu

Uncanny X-men would be:
>Uncanny X-men v1: 1-544
>Uncanny X-men v2: 1-20
>Uncanny X-men v3: 1-35
>Uncanny X-men #600
>Uncanny X-men v4: 1-19
Which comes out to 619 issues. Since there's no current Uncanny X-men ongoing, they could launch a new UXM ongoing with #620.

>big numbers is what scare casuals
>not having 4 #1s like Ant-Man had in 2015

someone needs to make a gif like the WWE one with fuck this company but with the Marvel logo

Wait, so All-New Ultimates was regular Marvel? What was it about? Not from Ewing?

There was already a Deadpool 1000 as a joke, so I guess they're just continuing that and adding Spider-Man's issues

All New Ultimates was one of the last new title set in the Ultimate universe. Basically put the young heroes on a team. Nothing new.

Certainly not written by Ewing. People hated it.

there's a rumor there will be a 4th X-Men book spinning out of Secret Empire focusing on the outlaw X-Men. that could be new new new new new Uncanny with old numbering.

also after Astonishing X-Men's 1st arc I'd be surprised if they don't jump to Legacy numbers that book should also be near #100.

>Amazing Spider-Man #788.
is this combining superior, spidey & RYV?

Maybe superior plus volumes 4 and 5?

Let's see:
>Amazing Spider-man 1-700
>Amazing Spider-man 1-18
>Amazing Spider-man 1-31 (up to August Solicitations)
That brings you to 749.

Add in Superior Spider-man's 33 issues and you've got 782.

Then add in Amazing Spider-man: Learning to Crawl, which was 1.1 - 1.5, and you'v got 787, which would put the September issue at 788.

So it's:
>ASM v1
>Superior Spider-man
>ASM v2
>ASM v3
>ASM: Learning to Crawl
For 788 issues.

The weird thing here is that if they ommitted Superior and Learning to Crawl then they could have renumbered at 750.

Superior is a pretty big milestone in Spidey's history now, it would be ignorant not to include it. Plus it puts them nearer #800, meaning more $$$

I think at one point Peter Parker: Spider-Man was re-titled to just Spider-Man.

if we're counting .series like the 700 series, learning to crawl & amazing grace it should be more then

How is changing the numbers going to unfuck the mess they've made of things?

Yeah, including Superior makes sense. It was essentially Amazing. It's including Learning to Crawl which I'm a bit iffy about since those .1 issues are glorified minis.

Ah thanks, so nothing to bother with.

It unfucks one of the many messes, it's still no miracle, but it's one step towards a start I guess?

This was the one with the mango silencer, right? Never read it, but someone always posts the picture when Amilcar Pinna is mentioned here.

Yes, this is the mango silencer comic. The only memorable thing from it, really.

Also I'm pretty sure Superman and Batman would both hit 800 next year. So Marvel is just joining that party. Lol

Spectacular Spider-Man is also near 300. And if you include the two Peter Peter volumes from the 90s/00s (since it's part of the name), you could get 450 with like issue 4 or 5.

Only these 11 are getting renumbered.

>What was it about?
It was Bombshell: the book.
Was about Bombshell, Black Widow III (Ult. Jessica Drew), Cloak and Dagger thinking they could replace the fucking Ultimates.
They fought 4 times, lost 3 of them, got a beach issue where Jessica says she's lesbian, brought in the Ultimate Terror Inc. and fought a super mutated druglord at the final issue.
Also the mango suppressor, made Kitty Pryde x Jess a thing in the recap page of the last issue, made Miles get caught in a stealth mission because the retard forgot he could turn invisible, kidnapped Cloak and Dagger with tranq shots that clearly went THROUGH their heads, had the "Femmes Fatales" as villians.

But hey, at least it wasn't Ultimate Future Foundation.

When is this happening?
By my count, Iron Man is currently at 585, and that's counting Superior.

>Invincible Vol1 (332)
>Vol2 Heroes Reborn (13)
>Invincible Vol3 (89)
>Vol4 Director of Shield (32) ***
>Invincible Vol 5 Fraction (61)
>Invincible Vol 6 NOW! (28)
>Superior (9)
>Invincible vol 7 (14)
>Invincible vol 8 Riri (7)

***Marvel chose NOT to include Vol 4 #33-35 in their count up to #500, as the series had been renamed "War Machine, Weapon of Shield" for those issues.

Are they counting the X.1 issues? with 500.1 and 235.1~235.4, that bring it up to 590...

What about Infamous?
>This was all Bendis' plan to boost his book's numbers.

if we count Infamous (8), would we not also need to count International (7), already putting us at 600?

That kind of desperation sounds like him, alright.

Hmmm... maybe you're on to something, actually. Marvel's been trying every magical formula from the competition to get sales back, except giving readers the simple things they want. Oh well, oncee again, it's a step I guess.

>Slott will write ASM #800
>Slott will write ASM #900
>Slott will write ASM #1000
>Slott will write ASM #1500000000

Slott has written 3 ASM x00 issues

Ultimate future foundation, despite the incredibly shit art was a decent story. To bad it could never get a recommendation because the art was probably one of the worst big 2 art ever

Yeah for 6 months until Marvel relaunches again

>was a decent story
It had 2 arcs. And one of them gave more page-time to Sue giving birth than the Cyclopverse invasion.

The unannounced X-book is X-Force, not Uncanny

And people will still defend him as a writer.

He drops one little gold nugger every 30 shit issues or so. Slottfags cling to those.

Slott seems like the old adage about 1000 monkeys at a 1000 typewriters come to life. He produces enough volume that every so often something has to be good by accident

September, I think. Which would add another 4 issues to Riri's book.

I'm surprised they didn't do some kind of number fudging to get to 1000. Action Comics is the closest and will get there in about a year, right?

Isn't Detective Comics a year or so ahead?

Action is like 20 issues ahead of Tec

Yes, but DC went back to Action Comics and 'Tec's big numbers and people liked that, so marvel is trying to copy them.

Anybody else mad that we missed hulk 700?

Same thing happened when we missed Hulk 500. Marvel brought the dual numbering in 2001 and Hulk was in issue 501.

still mad about that too.

At least we got Hulk 600....by Loeb....

Yeah I'm mad as well. :p

>still doesn't apply to bendis
It's gotta be on purpose

>I'm not sure about Black Panther.

Jungle Action 6-24 (19 issues)
Black Panther vol. 1 (15 issues)
Black Panther vol. 2 (4 issues)
Black Panther vol. 3 (62 issues)
Black Panther vol. 4 (41 issues)
Black Panther vol. 5 (12 issues)
Black Panther vol. 6 (solicited up to issue 17)

That's 170 issues, so I'm not sure where they got 165. That's not including Marvel Premier, where he had a 3 issue feature or his stint in Daredevil.

They're not counting Jungle Action or vol. 2 (a limited series), and they are counting the Daredevil issues (but not the point one).

Black Panther vol. 1 (15 issues)
Black Panther vol. 3 (62 issues)
Black Panther vol. 4 (41 issues)
Black Panther vol. 5 (12 issues)
Man Without Fear (11 issues)
Most Dangerous Man Alive (6 issues)
Black Panther vol. 6 (17 issues)

164 issues

I'm not a Slottfag at all, but think him staying on ASM is better than any other alternative really, most writers in the Big 2 are actually worse than him
it comes from a protective stance
rather have mediocre with sometimes fun ideas instead of outright bad

How do you know? Or are you just speculating? I really want a team with Emma on it.

Uncle works for Nintendo, etc.

But it was planned for new X-Force and X-Factor books to be announced in April. Then the X-Men Gold artist dropped his stink bomb and they put a bunch of stuff on hold.