ITT: Well written gay characters

AKA the characters not made to appeal to the buzzfeed demographic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=luUTnNZ87d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That doesn't look well written at all

She is. It was a really heart warming story actually. The episodes with her and Pastor Putty are the some of the best ones in the show.

Yes, but this is Moral Oral, so the only person how actually acts how they appear is Oral himself.

>He hasn't watched Moral Orel yet
Actually repulsive

Watch the show. It's sad but great.

I AM DROWNING

Clay was a better written gay character.

Best boy coming through.
Although he's technically bisexual, isn't he?

Just getting them out of the way.

she actually wasnt, take off your liberal glasses, she was a background character literally shoehorned into the last season

It's been a little while since I've seen the show, but I thought he was actually kind of repulsed by Bloberta, wasn't he getting together with her just to keep up appearances?

Even if you argue that he never wanted to fuck Bloberta, he clearly wanted to bang Censordoll something hard and he willingly fucked the prostitutes that Orel pimped out in that one episode. So he was definitely bi.

And of course bi people are less then pond scum and barely count as human beings.
t. gayfag

Hell, he only fucked her once.

actually i dont think he was gay and i dont think he loved anyone in the show at all
clay would have sex with anyone that can make him feel good about himself, he fucked cencordoll

nope, he got literally trapped into a miserable marriage

>doesn't look well written
>doesn't look
>well written

>he willingly fucked the prostitutes
ah I forgot about that

I feel like his speech in Honor was entirely genuine, and he wanted to be with the coach for a long time, he just repressed it. I do agree he's bi, though.

I just want them to be happy

>that episode guss has everyone staring at him because he had a knife stuck in his head
i know it has a deeper meaning but i dont care, i miss having gay character be gay characters and not a political statement

A lot of background characters besides her got fleshed out more in the last season, i think it was just a choice but she was planned, and she didn't feel shoehorned and also helped out the reverend's arc a lot. she was necessary for him to develop as a character and had her own stories as well

that speech wasnt about the coach at all, he does the speech when he finds out bloberta is doing some stuff with the doctor
man, some people just see wathever they want.

almost all of the best episodes of that show are backround character that got shoved into the spotlight for an episode
that was arguably the whole thrust of the last seasons,

>A lot of background characters besides her got fleshed out more in the last season
lets see
three of them shared one single episode
there are orels friends wich both actually had some fucking great stories of their own
who is left? the coach was a running gag, so was the principal and puddy was the unnoficial other protagonist of the show
yep, literally shoehorned into the show, at least we got more puddy out of it

Yes please.
Anyone who claims it's an "unhealthy" attraction is missing half a brain

He accused Coach that he was using orel to get to him in the same way he used bloberta. To imply his "I love you" was to anyone but coach stopframe is a bit silly. there was nothing hidden there, he just outed himself.

>And of course bi people are less then pond scum and barely count as human beings.
Your brain must be busted if you think petty infighting solves anything. Bisexuals are all the same to homosexuals besides their attraction to the opposite sex.

it was fairly unhealthy to be quite fair and i'm almost certain i still have my full brain, though i do understand why people want them together.
She pretty much just goes after hr because she looks like a past lover, which would be a bit scummy if it were to happen in the real world.

>And of course bi people are less then pond scum and barely count as human beings.
Hey, I'll have you know that my decisions and my decisions alone got me to that point, not my sexuality
t. bifag

?
thats the last episode of the show
are you talking about the speech he gives at the bar?
just because he goes
i love you.... orel
i need you....orel
doesnt mean shit, clay is the kind of person that says i love you without meaning it just to get what he wants

i always assumed most people who call it "unhealthy" are just salty shippers who ship pearl with greg/amethyst/whoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=luUTnNZ87d4
the only objectively good gay characters are in venture bros, the only good trans and pedo characters are in venture bros aswell

totally agree

ehhh, it's not that strange. if you liked short women with blonde hair, had a long term relationship with somebody who looked like that then pursued somebody else who was a short blonde would you have an unhealthy attraction or a physical type?

I think that user confused the speech you meant with the one in Sacrifice. But yeah, I agree. He definitely was saying 'i love you' to Stopframe and had a lot of repressed feelings.

I completely understand why you would feel Clay was just using coach, clay is a pretty unreliable character, but I and many others see it as Clay repressing his feelings for coach. Why else would he say all that stuff to coach? he gets nothing out of it. also every site i've checked, everyone says clay came out in front of his family and confessed to coach. I don't think clay would do all just to get a lay

>dumbledore was gay XD

What percentage of bisexual people are truly bisexual?

It's definitely possible to fuck people you feel neutral towards, just for the hell of it.

>Bisexuals are all the same to homosexuals

I know plenty of homosexuals who have serious issues with the bisexuals.

t. bisexual

>She pretty much just goes after hr because she looks like a past lover
You're missing the forest for the tree. She goes after her because she's attracted to tall, big pink chicks

Nah it's just Zuke haters

The ending to Moral Oral was a lot more reserved and "normal" than I thought it would be. I could easily imagine a worse writer making an adult Oral do a 180 and have the message be completely anti-religion like some of the early episodes were. But instead he was written to have learned from the mistakes he saw his parents make and decide to live a better life than that, while sticking with his beliefs.

The writers really turned the show around for the third season. It started out pretty shallow and obvious (still funny though) but they really did something special with it in the end. Good show.

I've known plenty of bisexuals and homosexuals that are perfectly normal people. What's your point, bisexuality and homosexuality aren't causes of a person being a sack of a shit, that's their own doing.

yeah i get having a type, it's just been pretty pushed pearl was obsessed with rose for thousands of years, and only to forget that to go after a girl who looks a lot like rose comes off as a bit unhealthy to me, but i think you can interept it both ways. I would like to see more of the mystery girl to perhaps expend on this- is it pearl simply having a type or just liking her because she reminds her of rose? Both ways can make sense, but it's hard to tell right now, so currently i'm a bit uninterested in the ship (Though it is cute) but if it's completely confirmed that pearl truly likes the mystery girl for her, i could be interested.

>Why else would he say all that stuff to coach?
to keep him around because the coach makes clay feel good about himself

even if clay isnt gay he is fucked in the head and keeps people around and has sex with them just because those people tickle his ego or wathever cencordoll did

hell the last episode was about coach realising this, he didnt care about clay and realized he was happy without him, the coach was becoming just another bloberta in clays life and clay sure as hell doesnt love bloberta and he doesnt fuck bloberta

hell maybe clay wanted to belive he loved coach but he didnt, clay doesnt love anyone he just loves himself

I don't think the show was ever against people who have faith, per se. Just the horrible things religious people do, using their religion as justification.

Of course you can't REALLY separate them. Good people who are religious would've been good either way; they just ignore the parts of their religion that seem wrong. Which is what Orel was, what with his realization that the 'church' is within you rather than without you.

How is Rorschach gay?

It's a small percentage, I read something somewhere that said there's even LESS people who are Bisexual or identify as such.

homosexuality is a wierd thing, people are certainly not born into it, thats just a meme, but people can become homosexual or bisexual for a lot of different reasons
Some people run it over and over in their heads and make it out to be something really great then go ahead and experiment and dont enjoy it at all
some people go gay in prison wich is all kinds of wierd because they sure as hell arent gay they are just incredibly lonely and scared and desperate, women in prison go gay in record numbers
some people like it, whatever you dont need a big reason
some people grow into it by constant exposure
being gay is a meme, its not an alternative lifestyle its just having sex with someone your own sex for wathever reason

I know the show wasn't saying that religion and its followers are inherently bad, but it's pretty obvious from the first season and a few episodes/scenes from season two/three that the writers didn't respect it much, especially the kind of religious communities that fester in backwater, smaller areas in the US. But like I said, an easy ending would've been for the writers to make an adult Oral mirror exactly how they feel about religion/faith. But they didn't, and I think that was a really great decision on their part.

Well that's just silly. Realistically it's pretty clear that you can be born with a predisposition towards homosexuality, you could develop it as a fetish and you can also be abused and adopt it afterward. Theres no reason to be reductive and try to say that these things are mutually exclusive.

If people aren't born gay, I don't see why gay people endure being abused, ostracized, even murdered for their gayness. It's obvious they can't change their feelings no matter how hard they try, which is how it is for straight people.

That's why I think it's important to differentiate between gay people and "going gay" in a desperate situation a la prison.

If this were true, then by all means it is possible to change your sexuality which is by no means backed up by Scientific fact.

>It's obvious they can't change their feelings

You, I like.

im pretty sure there is no gay gene user but you can be an honorary faggot for the day
people who are born with perfectly working legs and then have an accident endure a life of being in a wheelchair
what are you doing boy? you where born with good legs, get up and walk
>If this were true, then by all means it is possible to change your sexuality
it depends on the person but its certainly possible for some
women go from being lesbians to being straight all the time, some men go through wierd phases and then try to forget about them
why are you so obsessed with ruling other peoples lives? maybe some people dont want to be your marxists alternative to the nuclear family, they just want to have sex

>What's your point

That bisexuality in fact isn't "all the same to homosexuals".

Well that's not true at all. Modifying a person's hormones can alter their sexuality pretty fiercely. And people who were abused then started entertaining homosexual thoughts afterward exist.

I don't subscribe to the whole "gay gene" thing. While genetics probably play a role what's ultimately causing homosexuality as a default sexuality is likely hormonal exposure in the womb.

>ITT bifag circlejerk

homosexuality might not be genetic but it's clear that it happens to people rather than being a coherent choice. Like how some of us have sexual fixations we picked up in our youth. Brains being the complex clusterfucks they are any number of things could flip the gay switch during puberty.

>I don't subscribe to the whole "gay gene" thing. While genetics probably play a role
>its not genetics
>its genetics
i thought the whole mental reprograming was a joke

Then why don't they, to avoid being bullied to death?

Also homosexual children often already show traits befitting the opposite sex i.e. a little boy wants to play with dolls instead of swords. It's a hormonal thing. Hormones can't be fought. You can try to act contrary to them (by marrying a women, say) but that doesn't change who you are.

Did you stop reading before I said "besides the fact that they're attracted to the opposite sex." We're all people and you can't generalize just because someone's attracted to the other, everyone's different but it's not as a result of our sexuality in most cases.

What are you trying to prove by supporting his claim that an entire group of people that you're under the same organization of are lesser human beings? That's just stupid.

i chose to be gay

>Women go from being Lesbians to being Straight all the time.

Kissing someone for attention from boys at parties is not indicative of homosexuality, you can have sex with someone you do not have interest in sexually, that alone doesn't make one straight or gay, it's how they enjoy it, and how they feel about it during and afterward.

>Why are you so obsessed with ruling other peoples live? Maybe some people don't want to be your Marxists' Alternative to the Nuclear Family.

How ironic....

You ever think your bisexuality is a product of how your brain makes decisions? Maybe it's a sign you're fucked in the head.

>I don't think the show was ever against people who have faith

Of course it wasn't, Orel is incredibly religious and he's treated as the most sincere and genuinely decent character in the show. A lot of the fundamentalist mocking was really only done in the first season, most of the conflict and shitty things the characters do afterwards is completely independent of religion (alcoholism, isolationism, sexual inadequacy, sexual/physical/mental abuse, etc.).

Gays being bullied is just a meme

yeah I agree, in the fedora-tipping world of edgy comedy is actually takes strength to have a religious character who's not a strawman. it's a shame the show ended early but at least it didn't puss out on the ending.

some gay people think they should get to control every other gay person out there
i would argue people like you are more dangerous than a thousandd taser wielding priests

>What are you trying to prove by supporting his claim that an entire group of people that you're under the same organization of are lesser human beings?

Where is this coming from, I'm saying homosexuals are just as quick as anyone else to forming generalized opinions of someone else's sexuality based on predisposed notions. I can't count the amount of times I've been told I'm "on the road to gay town" or that I'm lying to myself or whatever else because I identify as bi as opposed to gay.

>IDWverse transformers experience romantic love and get married
>most of them are dudes
So a large percentage of the cast of transformers is gay. Do hetero transformers get bullied?

The victim complex is a bizarre yet powerful thing. It's insane how many people actually want to be shit on by life

It's more just a reference to a real incident where someone had a knife sticking in them and they never noticed.

Deciding to allow yourself to want to fuck men isn't chosing to be gay. It's chosing to acknowledge your gayness. I didn't chose to be straight the first time I fapped to an underwear model.

No one is going to say Midnighter?

>How ironic....
how ironic that i contradict your litle strawman fallacy label you constructed for me based on nothing but your own anti male bias

no, you choose to fuck guys, gay means your personal tastes

You're suggesting some people allow themselves to be beaten to death so they can be a victim?

A kid was beat to death outside my highschool for being gay.

No, how ironic that you are basically arguing for something that you yourself are against by forcing your own lifestyle upon people.

nope, i chose to be gay instead of straight
you cant read my mind, you cant prove me wrong, you cant deny it happenned

Sorry what? Probably a communication issue. Genetics play a role in what your mother's womb might be like as an environment. But the odds of their being a singular gene that just makes you homosexual somehow? Not very likely. And it's not very likely that one singular gene gives a woman a homosexuality prone womb. Her diet could have as much to do with the development of the fetus' adult sexuality as genetic disposition.

Oh shit, you misread what I said. I thought you took it as "Bisexuals are the same as Homosexuals" not "Homosexuals see bisexuals as the same to the rest."

Got me confused for a second there, I should have worded that better in hindsight.

Bifags too busy arguing with Sup Forumstards and trolls. Thread has been kill.

>by forcing your own lifestyle upon people
provide proof of this based on what i said in this thread

I can question the plausability that you have complete control over your mind and it's functions.

Oh nope. I was getting my life fucked up before I began I took interest in both genders. Also I do have a type, so I'm not really attracted to 'everyone' like some people believe us bifags are

I really can't think of another character besides this one.

No one can change your personal taste by pure will, you can't choose to like a food you don't like or a movie you didn't enjoy.

So yeah it didn't happen because it makes no sense.

>women go from being lesbians to being straight all the time, some men go through wierd phases and then try to forget about them
That implies sexual behavior indicates sexual orientation. Most people experiment with the same sex at one time or another. I know it's trendy to define and label your own sexuality, but if I could go though a phase of getting turdburgled in the shower at the YMCA and still not actually be gay.

Im just wanted a chat on why folks might be gay, sorry if I'm shitting up the thread. Have another great SU dyke.

liberals get out of womens wombs
but seriously, there has never been any study that proves that
there has been some very shady correlations that nobody takes seriously and you could google them a post a wall of links to things you never read but save both of our time

Does your type apply to both genders or do you have different ones for each?

No source?

People return to abusive relationships, destroy themselves with substance abuse or outright kill themselves for irrational reasons. People are fucking nuts man.

but I could*

I don't think you fully understand moral oral. I also think you're on the wrong board