Disney Parks Thread

Disney Parks Thread: Sup Forums-related edition, vol. II

>Favorite country in Epcot World Showcase

>Favorite restaurant

>Attraction that needs to be replaced

Other urls found in this thread:

wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2017/06/17/monstropolis-monsters-inc-themed-area-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios
discord.gg/4VftX5
youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is it still big lines to meet elsa?

>When will castlelets learn?

RUMOR:
>Monstropolis/Monster's Inc area coming to Hollywood Studios?

This would, I assume, move the Laugh Floor from Tomorrowland to DHS.

Link:
wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2017/06/17/monstropolis-monsters-inc-themed-area-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios

I support everything except re-theming Rock n Rollercoaster to a Monster's Inc "door" rollercoaster.

The door coaster is a cool concept, but they should keep RnR - it's an icon at this point. Build a door coaster behind Animation Courtyard.

Yeah, you can fastpass it though.

Otherwise expect to wait 3 hours

Does it still rain at around three o'clock every summer day in WDW?

Who knows.

Only normies go in the Summer.

>fastpasses can be used just to meet characters now

Times really have changed.

EPCOT+ (Experimental Prototype Chatroom of Tomorrow)

We discuss Disney, Universal and other theme parks + amusement parks. Decent activity and a good community.

discord.gg/4VftX5

china or germany. snow white and mulan meet and greets are the best.

>Favorite restaurant

uhhhh flame tree

pls replace stitch's great escape

Morocco
>Favorite restaurant
Chef Mickeys, Yak & Yeti or Biergarten
Laughing Floor

I used a Fast Pass to meet talking Mickey.
I just now realize he's a magician because it's magical that he can talk.

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA&t=1s

Kickass, man! This is so late 80s/early 90s. Crazy how this was made before the Disney Renaissance really took effect.

I'd advise taking Jim Hill with a grain of salt. Especially the idea of retheming RnR as the Door Coaster when A) That's waaaay too intense a track for an IP for younger audiences and B) The Door Coaster was always intended to be a family friendly suspended rollercoaster.

Besides, Rock n' Rollercoaster would be better off rethemed to Guardians of the Galaxy instead of the stupid "Turn Universe of Energy into a Memercoaster" idea being tossed around now anyways.

My babysitter when I was growing up had this sing-a-long on VHS. That Halloween song at the haunted mansion was on point.

I'm going to Disney World very soon, but I'm not quite sure what to do there since it's been a little bit. Any suggestions?

>That Halloween song at the haunted mansion was on point.
It should be considering Thurl Ravenscroft did it. He was one of the singing bust in graveyard in the Haunted Mansion ride.

Dont complain about going alone. Some people outside florida buy annual passes so they can go 4 times a year. Wth?

Theres no more fastpass for elsa and anna. Its typically 30-60 mins. We got in and out on may 25th no problem

Regardless of what you thought of the Avatar movie, the section of the park and especially Flight of Passage are worth checking out. Take a look at the Pandora store too, it's a little treat.

It's so awesome there's an attraction in the Magic Kingdom named MILF

>Memercoaster

How much room is there at the Universe of Energy pavilion?

Decide what you like more in a theme park and choose your fast pass rides carefully.

Reminder that the new fast pass system fucking sucks.

Why did they change it? Was it just for Jew money reasons or were there actual logistical reasons for it?

It's one of the bigger buildings in that park, but they plan on building an extension to the building to house most of the actual ride.

You'll have to elaborate, I can barely remember the paper fast pass and only just recently experienced fast pass+

Three a day, only get to pick from a single park, there's quite a few attractions on the listings that do not fucking need Fastpass, and because of the "You can get them about a month in advance online" thing, there's stuff that runs out super quickly.

>memecoaster
>stupid idea

It's better than letting Bill Nye turn it into
>MY SEX JUNK: THE 5D EXPERIENCE

There's plenty of ways to update Universe of Energy that don't involve taking a steaming dump on what Epcot stood for.

Also don't forget the only one ride per land. SO if you wanted to do both thunder and splash mountain you're SOL

I count my blessings that I've always preferred Epcot and animal kingdom. Magic Kingdom just seems like it'd be a clusterfuck now.

>Also don't forget the only one ride per land. SO if you wanted to do both thunder and splash mountain you're SOL

It's not that stringent. I did Splash, Thunder and Space Fastpasses all on the same day just a few weeks ago.

Also, Thunder and Splash ARE the same land.

Magic Kingdom
>Fastpass Space Mountain
>Fastpass Big Thunder
>Fastpass Splash Mountain
Ride everything except Stitch's Great Escape.

Animal Kingdom
>Fastpass Safari
>Fastpass Expedition Everest
>Fastpass Flights of Wonder
Other good rides: Kali River Rapids (you get soaked) Dinosaur! and Naavi River

Hollywood Studios
>Fastpass Tower of Terror
>Fastpass Rock n Rollercoaster
>Fastpass Star Tours/Toy Story
Watch Great Movie Ride and see Beauty and the Beast show (get there AT LEAST 45 mins early for decent seats)

Epcot:
>Fastpass Soarin
>Fastpass Test Track
>Fastpass Mission: Space
(alternate: Fastpass Frozen if you care about that sort of thing)

Get all of your fastpasses for early times and spend most of the day in the World Showcase, drink beer in every country, get a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants (Check the menus online beforehand)

You can get all of your fastpasses weeks in advance online and via the Disney App.

Download the Disney app for real-time wait times for rides as well.

They needed to add more "rides" so the park wouldn't die.

Believe it or not, a huge chunk of business was being lost to Universal because of the lack of thrill rides. Not everyone shares Walt's dream of going to a park full of solely science and technology.

I think Walt's EPCOT vision is great, but would you rather the park die off completely? Seems like a middle ground needs to be struck for the survival of the park.

Most people take a week of vacation to Orlando area.

With 4 Disney Parks, 2 Universal Parks, and Seaworld, most people aren't going to a park every single day.

That means 1 or two parks has to be eliminated. On paper, Epcot is the least "essential" park - at least until Harry Potter mania dies down.

It's harsh but true. It's still a business.

Oops:
>Fastpass Flight of PASSAGE

not Flights of Wonder. That's a bird show. You can't even fastpass that I don't think.

Not every new ride has to be a fucking movie ad pandering to the mouthbreathing retards that put 10 year olds in gigantic strollers to live out their Mad Max Nitro Truck fantasies.

it's pretty bad that six flags has a better fastpass system than you

Epcot only has 1 (one) ride containing movie properties right now. After GotG, there will be 2. Meanwhile:
>Spaceship Earth
>Test Track
>Mission: Space
>Living With The Land
>Soarin'
and all the other shows and Epcot experiences are unthemed.

All things considered, that's pretty damn good.

Right now there's Nemo, Frozen, and the Three Caballeros.

Additionally besides Guardians, they're apparently planning on Ratatouille, Mary Poppins, Gigantic (for a Spain pavilion), and possibly, cockblocking all those hopes and dreams for a Figment and Dreamfinder reboot of Imagination for an Inside Out ride, even though Wonders of Life would be a better place to shoehorn something like that in.

>Download the Disney app for real-time wait times for rides as well
Posted wait times are bullshit and artificially inflated to spread out the return times on the autism passes

Turtle Talk's focus is still about Marine Biology though. It's educational and as far as possible from a "movie ad."

I don't see how you can put that in the same category with Frozen, which completely abandoned the history of Norway.

Three Caballeros didn't change the Mexico ride at all either. They just superimposed Donald into some of the existing footage. The Mexico ride was never all that informative about Mexican heritage.

Those other IPs would be fine as long as the focus is still the heritage/culture of the country. It's possible to do both. Frozen is an example of how NOT to do it.

Anyone got any good Disney creepy stories?

There are so many.

Know how lots of people spread the ashes of loved ones around the park? It's such a huge problem that the Cast Members are trained to keep and eye out for it and prevent it.

Apparently the ashes of a young boy were spread by his parents on the Haunted Mansion.

"We have 999, but there's room for a thousand"

Remember when that little boy died on Mission: Space from a brain hemorrhage?

There are reports of a simulator that glitches out during the mission and never wakes you up from hypersleep.

Daw I was gonna do that for my mom.

what is the most abandoned Disney IP?

Seems like Disney is trying to make Princess and the Frog disappear.

It hasn't been out THAT much longer than Frozen, which is unavoidable wherever you go on Disney property.

Claim your real-life Disney Princessfu

I claim the goddess Tianna.

Does it have to be a princess?

If not, then Alice.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN OUR JAMBOREE

That's not how it works.
You get three ride reservations you can make before the day. One A ride (test track, midway mania) and 2 B rides (spaceship earth, living with the land).
Once those are done, you can make another reservation at any type of ride.