What your biggest post 2014 marvel disappointment?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170523083548.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Explain.

Post-2014 Marvel is my biggest Post-2014 Marvel disappointment

I wouldn't even mind if they just used a less tortured phrasing

"Kid of color", Jesus Christ. Even "African American" isn't as awkward.

Isn't it supposed to be making fun of her and people like that though?

Just their overall flooding the shelves strategy because they got Disney money.

I mean, how many fucking series do they have running right now? Like 80? Ridiculous.

Death of the ultimate universe, it wasn't great but it had its moments and at least justified miles.

He's BLACK! Not all brothas come from Africa!

Marvel's not nearly that self-aware anymore. Remember this is the company that's publishing America right now.

they do though, originally.

So does everyone else! Doesn't make them the same culture.

>he still believes the out of africa theory

There's a new theory? Thank fuck, I had a history professor that was WAY into Pan-Africanism and even claimed the Olmecs were Africans. OLMECS!!!

Oldest sapien links are now found out of the balkans. Mind you there was no Mediterranean sea and it was all savannah.

Also new homo sapien remnants found pushing the age of our race from 200,000 years old to 300,000.

Praise Jesus, love science.

I bet we started in Atlantis. We can use it as an excuse to give Namor a limited run.

Out of Africa always had competing theories, like a multiregional origin of humans.
And recent findings suggest the first humans may not have necessarily been in Africa.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170523083548.htm

>Atlantis
Wrong ocean faggot
>He's not on the Mu/Pacifica train

Is the Baringia ice bridge theory still the current theory regarding North America though?

>kid of color

There are a scarce amount of colors on his uniform, nor is he young enough to be called a kid. What duplicitous advertising is this?

I want to say Civil War 2. It's not the worst event I've ever suffered through but it's really down there in the shit pile but I don't think there's a more perfect shorthand to really appreciate the creative void that's current Marvel; let's rehash an old event to pit heroes v heroes to push Captain Marvel in the same spotlight as Captain America and while we're at it, drop all pretense call it Civil War 2, why bother with clever titling

The new Nighthawk series.
>take a grim, gritty, prejudiced black Batman who beats the shit out of people
>add a quipping, reference-dropping, ex-con supergenius Black woman with a tumblr haircut who's the REAL brains of the operation

>we wuz slavs
Just fuck my species up familia.

Nothing related to the Fantastic Four (meaning them as a group doing FF things, not Iron Doom or GotG Thing) published in Kirby's centenary.

That would imply I had any hope for post 2014 Marvel.

It IS making fun of her though. Miles finds her annoying and doesn't like that she's fetishizing him like that.

>Just fuck my species up familia.

Flying pyramids BTFO blyat.

It is. It's directly mocking what some minorities have to deal with on the left side of the spectrum. The exact type of sjw a large portion of Sup Forums hates, is being mocked by Marvel.

But that doesn't support the narrative so Marvel is totally serious with that line you guysssss

1: Nazi Cap.

2: I wish Jane Foster Thor had been given a *good* book/run that didn't hinge on OG Thor being unworthy an' shit. Like, I would have been perfectly fine with something like "Thor's been captured, lost his hammer and is sitting in plot prison while his love interest takes up his mantle until such time when the heads of Marvel want him to come back.

3: I unironically like Miles and Kamala, and was really hoping their adventures with Sam in the Champions book would have been, like, you know, more fun and exciting, like if Marvel had legit come up with a perfect counter to Teen Titans. It kinda fell short of that.

>Not liking Captain Hydra
Get out.

That would be assuming he's black when he could be anything else except white
There are even dark skinned Asians

Everything after the Heroic Age is one big dissapointment

So what? Superior human beings who should be watching over normal human beings is fascism.
Doesn't matter if the guy, who tells you how to live your life is a white cis het male or a black trans lesbian woman.

every event bar secret empire.

IVX sucked, Civil war 2 sucked, I mean I didn't have high hopes but still, they were worse than shit.

Secret empire only really gets a pass because Hanktron was genuinely fun and I think the whole "Sam wilson is giving up because people actually like and want this" thing, kind of does speak to something real.

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver. I kind of thought when the MCU got them they would finally be free from the utter shit they'd been put through since the '00s. Instead they remained under the "mutant ban" (no games, merchandise or cartoon appearances) even though they'd been retconned out of being mutants.

Scarlet Witch's solo series was at least not a total disaster, but I was hoping the stupid "Magneto's not their dad and they're not mutants" retcon was because Marvel had bigger plans for them and instead it turned out to be just to spite Fox.

This was never follwed up on was it? I remember when this issue came out tumblr was pissed. They cited it as what happens when when you let whites write minorities. When actual blacks and Hispanics said they saw where Miles was coming from they were either told how wrong they were or ignored.