Malibu Ultraverse General

Alright how many of you anons wish Marvel would resolve all the legal issues involved and bring back some of the old Ultraverse characters from Malibu Comics?

For those that don't know Marvel acquired Malibu and pretty much all it's characters back in the mid-90s, they then proceeded to make a couple of crossovers then end the entire line in a big Event. Since then they have done fuck all with any of the characters and the only mention of the Ultraverse since is in OHotMU: Alternate Universes 2005. This is mainly due to a bunch of legal bullshit that goes back to the purchase of the companies entire catalog.

Since this is technically a General thread feel free to discuss all things Ultra and what their possible inclusion/integration in Marvels current landscape would look like.

>Modern Marvel turns Prime into a twink and an ongoing PSA against toxic masculinity
>Modern Marvel turns Mantra into a trans rights PSA
Face it, it's better for the Ultraverse to stay dead than to be remade by the House of Mouse.

Cant be done.

Crappy 90s universe and prime is made by a child molestor.

i thought it's about having to pay the creators to use the characters (some sort of royalty fee) even if they already purchased the company?

also seventh infinity gem being canon in the MCU would be a nice twist

>prime is made by a child molestor.
Seriously

Can't say I'm suprised. There are a lot of scenes in Prime and the first few issues of Freex where underage nudity is super blatant.

Marvel should leave the absorbing of other peoples' comics to the professionals.

It'd be nice if they printed some omnis or something, though.

no basically this toxic asshole would have to be attached his name Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. there's no way around it and so marvel lets the properties rot rather than do the ultimate fucking diss and throw the ultraverse into the public domain.

I forgot that DC was interested in Malibu
Shit now I want to see a Captain Marvel/Prime crossover

Why does anyone think Disney has anything to do with Marvel's decisions, they've been fucking up on their own just fine all these years.
They let Malibu get the short end of the stick in the first place.

Topaz is so god damn infuriating.
I absolutely love her design but characterization wise I want her to burn in hell for all eternity.

Starman/Firearm also would've been great since they were both written by James Robinson.

>tfw your favorite team is killed off-panel in the final send off issue for the ultraverse.

Topaz was a die hard man hater.

In this age of SJWs I think that Marvel could get away with bringing back Mantra.

>also seventh infinity gem being canon would be a nice twist
That would be sorta dope if they stuck to it being a sort of operating system for the gems to act independently

>Damage
>Darkstars
>Ray
Interesting to note that the Ultraverse has been dead for over twenty years but they still have characters who are better known in 2017 than these.

She'd be dressed in a burka and drawn with a face like a trainwreck tho, given how Marvel does female lead books these days.

I'm a big fan of Ray Terrill but I also can't argue with that.

Nothing is canon after the Marvel relaunch though.

i don't want the ultraverse back in CURRENT marvel tho