Black Panther

Okay the trailer was awesome but did any exec at Marvel actually listen to this song before making it a part of the trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=vWaljXUiCaE

Good song though

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euz-KBBfAAo
youtu.be/h_Z_k50ltkY
youtube.com/watch?v=zgOABuZoe0c
youtube.com/watch?v=-XsJOnZaO5U
youtube.com/watch?v=WbhuYOvDjAw
youtube.com/watch?v=eCmQLld6yWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Trailer looks cool as hell.
>Completely unfitting music.

Every time.

You mean like how the song in the Homecoming trailer says "Let's shoot some heroine and fuck with the stars"?

>Let's shoot some heroine

Natasha look out!

This has been a running theme for hollywood blockbuster trailers: Get a song that sounds cool, completely ignore the lyrics.

I mean, have you seen this trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=euz-KBBfAAo

The lyrics to that song are disgusting
youtu.be/h_Z_k50ltkY

youtube.com/watch?v=zgOABuZoe0c

Really wonder why they didn't use this one

Still just the first trailer.

It's almost like they wanted the cool ambience of the music more than the actual lyrics. It worked well. Not everything can be the serendipity that was "Immigrant Song" and the Thor: Ragnarok trailer.

Oh I;m not bitching, user. I was explaining why things are the way things are. BP's choice still hyped me up.

It's amazing what songs can do for a trailer.

Compare the American trailer for Kingsman
youtube.com/watch?v=-XsJOnZaO5U

To the International one
youtube.com/watch?v=WbhuYOvDjAw

There is a reason I show people the international trailer for this film.

Here's the thing though, if they're going to do this it means they're shallow fucks. Just like all normies are shallow fucks that can't be bothered to listen or pay attention to anything in-depth, either can whoever makes this stuff. I'm not even conceded here, it just makes them look like idiots and defeats whatever point they think they're trying to get across.

I've always figured this would happen when I was younger and when my generation started making stuff, the complete lack of attention to detail and shallow tone deaf way of doing things my young peers did is now becoming the normal way of doing things everywhere.

I actually wish they had a non-rap song for Black Panther but it was inevitable because apparently black people are only capable of listening to rap and anything relating to anyone who's black better have some rap with it just to assure the audience that "yes, these people are black people!"

i thought eminem was the only white rapper

I'll complain if the other trailers have rap music.

As is, it's a teaser trailer, which for Marvel means they more often than not use popular music to get people interested.

a traditional african song would have fit better

Kind of hilarious they didn't. Who cares, it's artistically devoid trash. Who's going to see this movie besides black people?

The only thing I thought was a really cool choice was the music they played as the Black Panther title appeared. It was super subtle but it still caught your attention. It was different than any other trailer I've seen. Really intrigued me.

>a traditional african song would have fit better
You wouldn't find an African song that everyone can agree with. It's like trying to find a single song to represent the entirety of Europe. As the joke goes, Africa isn't a country. There is no such thing as an "Africa Song". The cultures are not that united.

>I am elevated above my peers
>everyone around me just drags me down

Shut up snowflake. Also this is a movie made for black people and they are the biggest audience the studio wants to pander to. If you thought it would use anything OTHER than rap music you are out of touch.

at least some tambors like the eddie murphy movie

Fucking relax. It's a teaser trailer, it's just supposed to be hype.

The actual movie will probably have a bland ass soundtrack like the rest of the Marvel movies.

That was the same song.

Of course the execs didn't.

And of course the rest of Marvel knew exactly what the fuck they were doing. This isn't even the second time Marvel has hooked up RTJ with Black Panther -- somebody on the payroll loves Run The Jewels. RTJ is fine with being aggressively anti-establishment, so is Coogler, so is somebody else higher up, and the way it's mixed is fine in the trailer, so???

I think it's hilarious that Disney gave us a mainstream trailer cast to the group that gave us "Close Your Eyes and Count to Fuck"

The people who make these decisions are probably older than "your generation"

>"Rap music"
I feel pretty confident the full soundtrack will be inspired by local musical traditions, but lol that almost none of y'all get that choosing Run The Jewels in a preview trailer is politically charged as hell, and even the re-mixed nod to one of their lighter tracks is ballsy considering how conservative Disney is as a company. This choice was absolutely deliberate.

What is Guardians of the Galaxy. Or thor 3.

>This choice was absolutely deliberate
how many trailers get edited by accident?

It'd be politically charged if lyrics other than "step into the spotlight" were in tge trailer. Thinking otherwise is reaching.

Gaurdians of the galaxy had good trailer music and good movie music. The lyrics to the songs actually have relevance to the plot oftentimes outside of just being his mom's tape, and sometimes even forshadow things. Like how Mr Bluesky fucknig tells you how Yondu will end up, the chain says something about Kurt and Peter's fight, Father and son, says things about how Yondu's and Pete's relationship was.

Then there's Deadpool, who used rap music, but it works because it's true to his character and his origins. He's got extensive rap comic covers, quotes hip hop, and even has agoofy ass Deadpool rap theme song.

Then there's Logan, also uses trailer music to great effect, and it reflects the sombre tone of the movie itself.

Music chosen for emotional content, as well as how well it fits the movie and trailer is a very good indicator of the quality and time put into the movie. This in itself is a pretty big red flag, just like homecoming. That's if you ignored all the OTHER red flags with homecoming.

Again, Marvel has already "inspired" covers and tied Black Panther to Run the Jewels multiple times. Doing it again in the first trailer is not an accident, and knowing how politically active the musicians are is not an accident. Of course the trailer is going to only feature relevant lyrics. Not the ones in their more popular songs about uniting to kill police motherfuckers, and waterboarding wardens.

So yeah. The execs don't know, which is why it's such a gentle "fuck you" when this got past them.

I hope one of the important people in Wakanda, who is blacker than the Panther's costume in the comics, is white in the movie and no reason whatsoever is given. He's just white.

>Here's the thing though, if they're going to do this it means they're shallow fucks. Just like all normies are shallow fucks that can't be bothered to listen or pay attention to anything in-depth, either can whoever makes this stuff.
Par for the MCU course.

Why?

I don't know what to tell you bro. Assuming the movies going to be straight ass because teaser trailer music choice despite the talent behind the movie, directors and writers, is extreme.

of course it's not an accident. music doesn't just appear out of nowhere in the editing room.

Try to utilize your critical thinking skills, Anonymouse.

>Africa isn't a country. There is no such thing as an "Africa Song". The cultures are not that united.
To be honest from the look of the trailer the movie doesn't even seem to realise this.

>To be honest from the look of the trailer the movie doesn't even seem to realise this.

>Wakanda is divided in several tribes that co-exist under a fragile truce established by T'Chaka (John Kani), which is threatened due to his death, and T'Challa's efforts to complete his father's vision of integrating Wakanda to the outside world only increases tensions.

>>Wakanda is divided in several tribes that co-exist under a fragile truce established by T'Chaka (John Kani), which is threatened due to his death, and T'Challa's efforts to complete his father's vision of integrating Wakanda to the outside world only increases tensions.

Thank God! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Black Panther - A film by niggers for niggers

grandpa you missed Sup Forums again this is Sup Forums

>the trailer was awesome

wow.
Marvelkids really are cucks.

>no such thing as an "Africa Song"

youtube.com/watch?v=eCmQLld6yWo

This movie will flop so much
DC won lads

As a black guy, I'm getting sick of this shit. Just because the main character's blacj, the soundtrack has to be some rap/hip hop trash. Why not hire Lebo M. for some african music?

Is there any doubt this will be the highest rated comicbook movie of all time? People will be falling over themselves to praise every aspect of it. this isn't some Sup Forums shit either

Yeah I'm sure Ludwig Göransson is totally an authentic African musician.
Nothing about this movie is authentic African, the music is not an exception.

newsflash.

Western White and Hispanics dont give a fuck about authentic african shit

Where did I imply they did?
I'm just answering to a guy who said "I feel pretty confident the full soundtrack will be inspired by local musical traditions".
Can't you keep your "boy I sure do hate niggers" in your pocket Thor?

It's a Marvel movie with a black MC and Coogler directing. So pretty much everyone.

>Who's going to see this movie besides black people?
The same people who watched WW

I don't know, if they have a good villain and actually deliver on T'challa struggling between being a good leader and being a good person it could be Winter Soldier levels

That said most likely it will be another marvel cookie cutter which means it will be enjoyable but forgettable so the praise will probably be pretty slanted.