Ed Edd Eddy

Even if you dislike the show.

Can you name many cartoons that ended better?

>even if you dislike the show
What are you accusing me of user?
how could I dislike a show like this?

but seriously, all things considered the ending kinda sucked
because I didn't want it to end ;_;

They were all like 11-12 years old right?

Do parents really abandon their kids all day at home during the summer? I mean I guess the argument could be mad for Ed, Kevin, etc. but Jimmy is like 9 years old.

I had to stay at my grannys house during summer until I turned 16

THEY'RE HUNGRY AGAIN EDDY

This is how things were back in the day, kids could roam their normal hang outs and the cul de sacs they lived in, and people left their doors unlocked.

Things change.

What year did this show take place in? I've heard people claim modern day, which seems to make zero sense as nobody has cellphones, internet, video games, DVDs, etc.. People use VHS' and record players.

So feed them over there...

I think many of them had parents who were home just not shown on screen.
but as far as ages are concerned, at the start of season 5 the gang entered the 7th grade. so unless some of them were held back they all about 12 when the show started and some of them may have turned 13 later. but of course sarah and jimmy were a bit younger, they had to have been at least 2 grades younger than everybody else because in the Valentines day special they weren't present because they weren't in middle school yet (this was retconned later when they made peach creek jr. high into one of those 1-8 centers)

1980s
Most of them were poor so no cutting edge gadgets

I never really questioned it because neglectful parents who let their kids tear ass all over the neighborhood like hellions is a meme older than my grandfather.

I always thought it's the early 90s.

it was set in what was meant to be modern day but a weird version of it where technology was out of date and all the kids like listening to disco and jazz. the reason it was like this is because Danny was trying to create a combination of his own childhood experience and his sons .
you can tell that the movie was set in the current year because Eddy's bro has a glass in his room with the date 2000 on it. and since Bro moved out when Eddy was 4, he would have had to win that glass about 8 years ago since Eddy's around 12.
so there, EEnE was set around 2008
also keep in mind that the reality they live in is very flimsy because the show is really just 100 year old eddy telling stories about what happened when he was a kid

Small Midwest towns are all nearly like this, I remember the stupid shit we'd do because there was literally nothing else to do, though obviously not as exaggerated. For example, our town had an old closed hospital with all sorts of rumors, about once a year people be dared into that. Another is the storm water drainage under town, though now I realize how dangerous that shit was. We'd play games all over town, go to the local bowling alley, get Shakes at the family diner. But then I moved away to a typical suburbia, which honestly isn't as fun cause no one talks to each other here, but at least walmart is an hour away.

I will admit this. I liked EEnE for a minute, but quickly started to hate it.

But yeah, that ending is pretty good.

Isn't an hour* woops

smallt town experiences are pretty universal, like EEnE was probably set somewhere in Georgia because of all the peaches.

It was definitely an inland state, they had to go to a fucking lake as a beach

I always got a Iowa/Ohio vibe

that can't be true because in the movie they go to the ocean and it only takes about a day on foot. and the fact that their town was settled by pilgrims, so they had to be an east coast state.
just because your state touches the ocean doesn't mean you live close enough to the coast to what to travel there every time you want to swim, especially since none of their parents ever seem to want to drive them anywhere

I always got a Michigan/Ohio/Chicago feel, with the Great Lakes.

That's something like like about the show, being vague enough that people can interpreted in such different ways