Batman #25 Lettered Preview

The extra-sized beginning of THE WAR OF JOKES AND RIDDLES (will end this October)!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L_rxFstIRGk?t=9m55s
twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/877096796811649024
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like this text and bubble style much more than Snyder's full-italics Joker dialogue.

Variant

FIN

Jesus, King. I love you.

I'm actually a huge King Batman defender but

>Joker comic #46348795
>Edgelord RIddler
>early days of Batman flashback

Dunno about his one, even with the GOAT art.

King's interview
youtu.be/L_rxFstIRGk?t=9m55s

>GOAT art.
Get your eyes checked.

Looks more like some Italian/Irish Mob War story than Joker vs Riddler.

Detective Riddler throwback sorta, I like it.

The art is indeed fucking atrocious. Riddler attacking the GCPD detective scene is soooo not flowing well

P O S E R
O
S
E
R

I thought Nygma was supposed to be a scrawny manlet? And lame?

Lame and loser villains are so 70s Grandpa. Now every villain needs to be a badass and scary Chad.

No I mean lame as in having a limp. He can be scary without being a physical threat.

I don't care, I would like to read some Italian/Irish Mob war story in Batman

all suddenly he's dangerous uh.

You're not going to attract fujo and Tumbler audience that way user. Making him physically fit is a marketing exercise.

BIG
BLACK
BAT

It's Duke Thomas in this? Cool!

I feel like Janin's art looked a lot better in the Bane arc, for some reason.

well this is a flashback

>Going full edge with Eddie

God fucking damnit, King. I had hoped you might actually write him well

Good, about time Joker went back to fun mobster. 80s psycho Joker sucks shit.

Couldn't they get Tim Sale for this? Would have loved a Long Halloween style for this.

Tim's art has gone really downhill in recent years. Look at his Batman valiant covers

The Sale covers look terrible, Im afraid hes past his prime.

This is probably the worst art I've ever seen from Sale.

Can king do anything but write throat slittings? Recurrences aren't interesting unless they lead somewhere. A plane crashes in almost every arc, a throat slitting in almost every arc, Kite-Man in almost every arc. Enough of it.

Why can't the Riddler just jump across the table and stab him? Does the sliced throat count in the 26? It shouldn't.

Unlike the other faggots I agree. His variants are the only reason I've kept up with King's garbage this far. I think his last variant is 27 at which point I'll be relying on Win-O's and ST threads for muh batman.

I mean why should the riddler be considered weak and lame? He's supposed a huge Batman villain and a credible threat.

He never had a limp outside from that non-canon Azzarello Joker story, the cane he carries isn't for walking but showmanship.

Because he's a pensive threat. Like Strange should have been.

Only someone who's never read anything before Morrison would ask this. Batman used to use his brain and be a detective.

>all these filfthy casuals not knowing that the riddler was originally Batman's most psychotic and dangerous foes.
Thank you King for remembering that The Riddler is supposed to be a supervillain and not a walking punchline.

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

>inb4 dark night dark city where he was possessed by a demon

You'd think this guy would be a little scared or nervous. Or just make a run for it because this is the fucking Joker.

>because he's a pensive threat
No he is not, the riddler has never ince seriously be considered a pensive threat.
He robs a bank then leaves a riddle
Batman solves riddle effortlessly
Batman punches riddler

Frank Gorshin bitch.

Well if the riddler supposed to be a smart guy then bulking up and learning how to fight is pretty smart move.

By that logic the strongmen who rob a bank by brute force aren't physical threats because batman catches them.

He uses his brain in maniacal ways that force bruce to use his brain. he's a pensive threat if there ever was one. his skill level is regardless and only bloggers act like batman having caught someone a hundred times since the 40s makes them non-threatening.

Theoretically, physical threats can actually be pensive threats if they're so physically strong that they force batman to use his brain as well.

>He uses his brain in maniacal ways that force bruce to use his brain
No he does not, he commitsa crime then leaves a riddle. Batman solves his riddles and catches him.
Batman isn't being pushed to the edge by Riddler.

that's not what pensive means. It means he uses employs plans and traps that force his victims, or in batman's case his target, to use their brain.

I personally wouldn't mind that being taken to a Myx-type of mischief and having the Riddler even hand himself in if Batman bests him, knowing that each prison is like a riddle to be solved. Arkham Asylum being a particularly tough one since Batman had hyper-maxed it with alien tech. It's like Bats and Joker's endless dynamic just puzzle-based.
You either don't actually read comic books or you're baiting.

>only bloggers act like batman having caught someone a hundred times since the 40s makes them non-threatening.
Cause it's true, you can't keep having a battle of wits if you keep losing time after time after time.

> It means he uses employs plans and traps that force his victims, or in batman's case his target, to use their brain.
But he doesn't do that, he commits a crime then leaves a riddler which Batman solves and then beats the riddler up.

>Gorshin
>Psychotic and dangerous

So you're not even gonna try?

Then you might as well stop reading capeshit

No because only bloggers and normies that get their info from blogs think that a villain's effectiveness against the protagonist is a measure of their threat level.

If the Riddler wasn't a threat he'd let the police work the case til they got him. The Riddler is a threat. And whether you or this dumbass care to accept it, leaving riddles at robberies (which isn't the entirety of what he does) is a pensive means of communication.

Wow, way to out yourself as never seeing Adam west Batman.

I watched it all the time as a kid with my dad. Frank was never menacing or edgy like in the preview

Or...maybe you can accept that the riddler changes as a character and that him being a 90 pound weakling with a glass jaw did not make for an interesting supervillain.

Well then you need to rewatch cause that exactly how Gorshin played him.

You're right, interesting villains are all Zsasz and Bane knockoffs. The only good stories ever written have been about two buff dudes punching each other

No, him being a short and scrawny come from 2matire 4u Batmanwriters shitting on campy Batman.

Why should the riddler be a weakling? Why shouldn't he be able to put up a fight or effectively use violence?

The riddler isn't supposed lame or a loser.

Because it shouldn't matter. You shouldn't read Riddler stories for a fist fight

Kite-Man is just a running gag, he doesn't need to lead anywhere

He's always been dangerous, the riddler has never not been a homocidal maniac. forget that short story by Gaiman cause it's not accurate to the character.

don't switch anons on me, normie, tell me, , why anyone who actually reads capeshit would claim a villain isn't a threat because the hero caught them?

because he's a pensive threat. his size is the reason he used riddles to express his mental illness.

Anyone arguing against this may be some of the most casual faggots to ever poke their heads around Sup Forums

Cause the hero beats them at their own game everytime effortlessly. I bet you can't even name a story where he's legitimately a pensive threat.

Dc is bringing back Bronze Age Riddler who's a literal Chad

So which Joker is this? i'm under the assumption that it's Alan Moore Joker.

>his size is the reason he used riddles to express his mental illness.
WRONG
That's wrong.
This is not the reason why the Riddler does what he does.
He does it because he's smarter and he want you to know that. He doesn't tell riddles because of mental disease either, that would suck cause it wouldntake away so much of his agency from him.

he does have kind of the sad clown vibe going like Moore's Joker

King is gonna have a 2 issue tragic backstory arc for kite man in the middle of jokes and riddles

He goes to Arkham, friend, not Blackgate.

He's mentally ill. Anyone at Arkham is. And his size limitation is exactly why he has to his mind in his quest to prove superiority at all costs. Which is a mental illness. I'm no shrink but thats at that very least OCD (arguably OCDP) as well as whatever illness makes someone create a gimmick for themselves.

Are you one of those who seriously doesn't think there's anything wrong with Bruce mentally?

>And his size limitation is exactly why he has to his mind in his quest to prove superiority at all costs.

I agree that Riddler shouldn't be swole or an edgy maniac, but this has never been given as his motivation. It's always just been to prove to everyone how smart and amazing he is; he's the ultimate narcissist

Is kite man the last of the non psychoed up batvillians,I know I can't judge kings riddler solely on a preview but it's not lookin great

I did sloppily end up implying, there, that it was his size limitation that caused the illness. I meant it shaped the means in which he would express his illness. Not that it caused it. I don't know if we ever been shown a cause for his illness.

Having to prove you're better than people in such criminal and attention seeking ways is clearly a fruit salad of mental illness though.

>kite man
kek. kite man is based

>Like Strange should have been

I actually prefer Swole Strange over manlet Strange, Makes him seem more threatening.

Swol manlet strange is clearly the patrician version

>Riddler never tried to kill anyone
What a stupid panel.

If you don't see the difference between a death trap and stabbing someone 26 times then you are precisely the target audience for the Hack King.

Riddler looks like he's a Who from Whoville

With Hitch finally being off Justice League after an arc that starts #33, when will King be kicked off Batman?

twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/877096796811649024

>when will Finch be kicked off Batman for other mediocre/shit titles?
ftfy

That's the Venom though.