Itt: post criminally underrated sequels that are secretly better than their original film

itt: post criminally underrated sequels that are secretly better than their original film

Maybe not better then the original, but still super underrated. Have no idea why people don't consider it the last movie of the Renaissance.

1, 2 and 3 are all great. 4 is total garbage though.

>Sequel
It's a prequel

It's a shame too because the casting on 4 was generally pretty solid.

Michael Dorn as Mata Nui was an interesting choice.

Prequels are sequels

Just adding "criminally" "secretly" and "insanely" to an opinion doesn't turn it into a fact, Buzzfeed

I'm to secretly penetrate your asshole insanely deep, almost criminally so.

You're correct.

the only thing that bugged me about this movie was how Mike was somehow incapable of being even a little scary. I mean the guy is a mouth and eyeball on legs that has to count for something

>sequels

posts prequel...

This isn't a secret though. Everyone agreed that 2 > 3 > 1.

Eh. The voices that were spot on were spot on, but the voices that were off were really off, where as the original trilogy was very consistent and even.

I like all 3. Why you gotta rank them?

Patrician taste

that's a prequel, not a sequel.
and I think the first one is better.
claire was cute, tho.

Some do. There's actually a lot of debate over which era it and Bolt belong to.

Not underrated here but just generally

I consider Robinsons the start of the revival era myself.

I respect MU a lot for never bringing up the "scaring is bad, laughing is good" theme of Inc.

I was watching tv with mom once and Kung Fu Panda 2 came on. It was the first either of us had ever seen it, but I'd seen the first one. And I was amazed by the fact that I almost NEVER had to explain to her something that happened in the first movie.

Kung Fu Panda 2 can ALMOST completely stand on its own as a film.

The people who claimed Mike "not scary" were Dean Hardscrabble and Sully, who both have extreme standards. The t rex teacher dude was perfectly willing to give Mike respect and so was that dude at the beginning who gave kid Mike his hat. I think Dean and Sully thought he wasn't capable of being the absolute best scarer in the world because of his demeanor, and therefore he was worthless, because they're fucking hardass Dean Hardscrabble and an 8 foot tall bear lion that terrifies people by just opening his mouth.

Honestly agree. I thought this was a great popcorn flick, which is all I expect from Transformers.

Also removing Megan Fox helped, even if the british super model couldn't exactly act either.

Lolno.

But I will say that they really made Mike god tier in University. I really loved his drive, ability to improvise, and unfortunate realization of his limitations.

Both 1 and 2 are god tier, but they aren't underrated.

I loved this movie and I was really surprised that seemingly no one else who saw it still likes it.

Also prequels are sequels because they still come after the original movie to extend the story, they're just set before the original story begins. Stop arguing semantics guys and move on, we all know what OP meant.

>really surprised that seemingly no one else who saw it still likes it.

I honestly think it's the best Pixar movie, barely edging out or at least tied with Incredibles.

Not only is it technically beautiful with lots of colors and visual variety for the college setting (thinking the party scenes, the urchin race, etc.), but it has great comedy, amazing worldbuilding, a good cast, and a cohesive and satisfying story.

Most Pixar movies lag in at least one aspect of the storytelling, but MU nails all of it.

There was also that Camp of little Girls.

I kinda have the opposite view. I feel like all the trials and tribulations in it are inherently negated by what we learn in the original movie.

Yes, but if they brought it up in this one, then the original movie makes NO sense.

Is this a 'all of time happening at once' case?

Fun fact the British chick was in Mad Max Fury Road