Remember the time that the government canonically captured a super Hulk and there was a guy whose intelligence got...

Remember the time that the government canonically captured a super Hulk and there was a guy whose intelligence got mutated, but neither were heard from again?

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/2882938
youtu.be/i8_dwD81aKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think, this early on the MCU they were maybe hoping Hulk could have a proper sequel with Norton returning as Banner, this guy set up as a returning villain

virtually everything about this movie was tossed in the trash

Incredible Hulk was a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk and is non-canon to the MCU, retard.

It's totally canon, you pleb. Or can't you moviefags read?

cept for bringing back gen ross

Except the movie was referenced in Avengers with "I sorta broke Harlem". Hell, Ross even showed up in Civil War with the same actor. Retard.

kill yourself you fucking mongoloid

>It's totally canon, you pleb. Or can't you moviefags read?

>main actor change
>story arcs never followed up on
>no references to any of the events of the film
>but it's canon, I swear!

lol. retard.

@93337229
no

Years on and I still think Nortonhulk is the worst MCU entry.

Yes, even more than that other one you really hate.

Since Marvel uses Ross and Talbot, I guess they have a decent relationship with Universal. I think a standalone Hulk movie could happen again someday, but I assume they'd have to agree on a lot of details before trying it, and Marvel isn't exactly hurting for characters to turn into films. It really seems the only character who never gets mentioned is Betty.

It's all still canon, they're just not using stuff from it because they have no plans for it. We still have Ross showing up every so often, and in the consultant short they mention that Ross was pushing for SHIELD to use Blonsky when they were looking for potential Avengers candidates.

Marvel has partial rights to all the Hulk stuff, they'd only have to share with Universal if they did another solo Hulk film, which is why they won't. They're free to use anything they want from the Incredible Hulk film in other films though.

>and in the consultant short

Those things are about as canon as Agents of SHIELD (as in, not at all).

Ironman 2 is still in a league of its own shittiness imo, it's the only MCU movie I'd actually consider bad.

Movies like Hulk were just "meh"/forgettable

Until one of them is contradicted by the films, there's no reason to assume they're not.

It's the blandest. Even Thor 2 probably had more stand out moments. Norton Hulk's best fight was the one against super soldier Blonsky, once he turned into the Abomination he was just less interesting a villain.

But yeah, nothing contradicts it and they mention it from time to time. It's canon, just not a big deal. Like you could say it's canon that all the Avengers take a shit from time to time, but they don't show it, because it's not that important at the moment.

I wonder if there has been a mention of Blonsky after the fall of Shield. I'd assume Hydra would get him out and make use of him, but AoS just doesn't have the budget to do anything with that concept. Same with Leader who is probably in Shield custody.

Yu dun lik burd?

>Incredible Hulk was a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk
No it wasn't you fucking moron, literally everything about is different, how can you be so stupid, user? Even by "pretending to be retarded" standard this is genuinely really fucking bad.

I maintain that Thor 2 was the worst one so far, it committed the sin of just being boring. Incredible Hulk was alright, though not spectacular. Even Iron Man 2 had bits I liked, despite all the ways the studio fucked it up. But Thor 2 man... Fuck.

Side note, the fact that those two post numbers are so similar fucked me up bad for a minute there.

>no references to any of the events of the film
Bruce mentions wrecking Harlem and he's also shown wrecking the campus in Iron Man 2. Why do you keep embarrassing yourself like this?

They referenced Abomination on Shield more than once and I'm pretty sure the Leader just got brain cancer.

most of It was really bland but I love it simply because of the thunder clap and for "Hulk Smash", I'm easy to please.

Faggot, they literally show VIDEO FROM THE FILM in Avengers.

The first time Blonsky fights Hulk was pretty hype too, TIH really did have a lot of good shit in it for something that came before Marvel had figured out their formula so well.

I blame Natalie Portman for all of Thor's shortcomings, the fact that she's out of the MCU is a blessing and given she won't be in Thor 3 the movie might actually be decent.

>>no references to any of the events of the film
Yeah, other than all the references to all the events of the film there totally weren't any.

>They referenced Abomination on Shield
>Shield

That show was designated non-canon by Whedon himself.

My dream scenario is he shows up randomly as MODOK.

The Incredible Hulk was a soft-run for pretty much every concept in MCU Phase 1.

>he only addresses one post
Stop being such a limp-wristed faggot, user.

Shit, I've been hoping for MODOK in one form or another for a long time now. I hope the movies start taking really insane turns after the Infinity War movies, stuff that really breaks out of the formula more, and maybe allow a few actual standout villains who appear in movie to movie. Imagine MODOK being introduced, and then showing up to sell weapons and shit to villains in other movies. Hell, I'm still hoping to see the AIM beekeeper suits on screen someday.

Yeah, I read Cracked when I'm bored too.

The truth is that Marvel doesn't have the rights to make solo hulk movies right now. They can only put Hulk in movies if he's crossing over.

Stark literally shows up at the end.

>can't counter my point

you got nothin

So it's a weird universal deal that keeps Hulk locked up from having a solo movie, right? How long is that in place for?

Universal doesn't own any of the content rights to the solo Hulk films, just distribution rights. So Disney is obligated to use them to distribute any solo Hulk movies, which means sharing a portion of the profits for the movie.

And Disney doesn't want to share the profits, even a little, so they just won't make any solo Hulk movies.

No one knows. Its a distribution deal, so however long those go for (for example, Paramount only got to distribute six movies).

>stark shows up at the end of the movie
>The Incredible Hulk's events are mentioned on Avengers
>The Incredible Hulk's events are SHOWN on Iron Man 2
What's your fucking point even? SHIELD isn't canon? who the fuck cares, the argument here is if The Incredible Hulk is canon and literally everything points out to that being the case.

>moving the goal posts this hard

I'm not the IH canon guy, I'm the AoS canon guy. You have yet to refute me. Because you can't.

Hope those goal posts aren't too heavy, faggot.

Didn't they find the Hydra base that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were at in Agents of Shield and report that to Cap?

>I'm not the IH canon guy, I'm the AoS canon guy.
But who cares? This tread is about the Hulk, why are you arguing with user about AoS? Even if AoS NEVER gets mentioned in the movies (which is probably the case), anything it mentions from the movies is canon, at least until contradicted. It's low tier canon, meaning any movie can overwrite it, but it's canon until that happens.

Abomination and The Leader, yeah. I asked about them the other day.

>calls other people retard
>doesn't know what he's talking about

Every time.

Mate, I literally told you that AoS is probably not canon yet who gives a fuck. I'm not moving the goalpost, you got your goal and are just being pissy because nobody gives a fuck about your imaginary victory.

Incredible Hulk is objectively the worst movie in the MCU. Even Norton, who is usually great and claimed to love the character so much, phoned it in. If you look at the general story beats too, its just a dumbed down version of what Ang Lee did, with a significantly worse looking Hulk. Pic related, Lee's Hulk still looks fantastic.

inb4 memes about the MCU being better before Disney, this is objective evidence that that's bullshit.

>Those things are about as canon as Agents of SHIELD (as in, not at all).
They're included in the DVD, they're completely canon.

The Helicarrier at the end of AoU was also a big plotpoint in AoS for a while, some of the characters prevented Hydra from taking/destroying it.

So we've got events in the movies that are canon to AoS, and events on AoS that are canon to the movies, yet people still claiming the show isn't canon.

The only things I'll give Ang Lee's Hulk over Incredible is the Hulk effects and General Ross being a better character. In Ang Lee's Hulk, he was an asshole who still cared about his daughter. In Incredible, he's just an asshole, and Banner was only fucked up because he was secretly pushing to create super soldiers.
It's mostly because the movies will NEVER care about what AoS does. AoS basically works around the movies, and fits in when possible. The plotline with the Helicarrier is not something the audience needs to know (if they just see the movie, they assume Nick Fury just had one hidden somewhere), but for AoS viewers, it's a nice little treat. But just because AoS has to keep pace without ever being allowed to set it, doesn't mean it's noncanon.

It's because retards don't understand the concept that the show can be canon, even though they're never going to take plot points from the show and put them into the films. It's like said, plot flows one way only. They never want to create a situation where their multi-million dollar film has to cater its story to canon set by some shitty episode of an ABC show.

I feel a stroytime is in order

>Incredible Hulk
>Iron Man 2
>Thor
How did the MCU even get popular? Phase 1 was mostly godawful.

Iron Man 1 is still really good. Honestly, Thor is alright.

IH and IM2 are pretty bad though.

Iron Man was fantastic
Captain America was pretty good
Thor was crazy enough that people were just amazed it got made
Iron Man 2 was at least as appealing to audiences as every Transformers film

You have to remember, during phase one there had still never been anything like the MCU. People were amazed that all these huge films were being made and connected together and they were REALLY FUCKING HYPED for the payoff they would get from Avengers.

And there you go

Nifty. Only sad point is that the main point of the story is to say "The Leader is in a cell somewhere, until we care enough to bring him out".

Just like the Red Skull is in space somewhere until we run out of Captain America Villains

Oh yeah... maybe one day Cap will look up to the sky and say "He's coming back to Earth!"

oooh snap

They're both in SHIELD custody: Abomination is in a cryogenic cell, and Leader is being studied by SHIELD scientists.

>reading cracked after 2013

see The fucking CREATOR of the show stated it was non-canon. It's non-canon.

Okay, show me source.

>moviepilot.com/posts/2882938

The biggest crime of the Universal Hulk rights is that we'll never see She Hulk on screen

user, you're missing the point, who gives a shining fuck if it's canon or not? IH is canon, that's what this thread is about, AoS is probably not fucking canon, the only people that care about it not being canon are people that watch AoS.

Just because stuff isn't referenced by other stuff doesn't mean its not canon you fucking retards

see When the creator of the show says it's not canon, that means it's not canon.

The way I understand it, I believe they could use She Hulk in one of the Netflix series or something without the distribution rights thing mattering.

I'd fucking love to at least get a nod to her in one of the Daredevil or Defenders episodes.

Are you autistic, user? Legitimate question, you refuse to let this go even tho most people agree with you.

Not really, Whedon doesn't actually have much say in that matter, especially not now. If tomorrow the big guys at the mouse house decided they wanted to do an AoS movie tying the show into the MCU films it would happen and Whedon's statements wouldn't be worth shit. Is that going to happen? Fuck no, but that's not the point.

The creator of the show doesn't decide its integration on the universe you pathetic neolithic escaped buttslave. Whedon could decide that the show was all a dream in Twilight Sparkle's head for all Marvel, Disney or the general public could give a fuck about.

Whedon doesn't decide shit. He works for Marvel. Marvel tells what's canon or not. And since they've said that the Helicarrier that saved the team in Ultron was borrowed from Coulson's SHIELD, guess what you worthless mongrel? It's canon.

What type of imbecilic waste of oxygen would believe they'd introduce the Ghost Rider on a non-canon show?

>Norton Hulk's best fight was the one against super soldier Blonsky

That's still one of the most interesting fights we've gotten, actually. I wouldn't mind seeing Cap fight Abomination in a similar way while Hulk is away in space.

>the creator doesn't have any creative input in his creation

wew lad

For something like the MCU, all creative decisions are made at the corporate level.

Writers, artists, directors and all other so-called "creators" are just staff. They're told what to do in an assembly line fashion and then do it so that the product is made to the corporation's precise specifications.

Pretty much this. It's canon until contradicted by higher canon (any movie at all). Marvel can bring it into higher canon at any moment, it's just very likely that they won't. Because they don't want people who just enjoy the movies to feel like they have to watch some ABC show that isn't even good all the time.

For a franchise yeah, that's exactly how it works, every decision regarding what is made/incorporated has to go trough the executives.

remember that time Floronic Man was in a movie

Matt to going up against Jennifer Walters in court would be a GOAT nod

[Citation Needed]
Oh wait you cant since its fake

Yup, that's the reality of the situation. Whedon did work on all of it but he doesn't OWN any of it.

I don't expect any tv stuff to really get into the movies until Ike Perlmutter is finally out of Marvel Entertainment. The split it specifically to keep his grubby mitts off of things, and to keep movies/netfilx/regular tv nice and tidy. But it doesn't matter that Agent Carter was canon, because everything about her life that matters to the movies was addressed in the movies. I'd love to see some of the Netflix characters get to pal around with movie characters (most just Daredevil and Punisher), but I don't assume that'll happen for a while.

The creator has NO input on someone else's property. Whedon was a hiree. He made something for Marvel. He sold them the film industry's equivalent of a loaf of bread. Pretty good bread, but still, he has no control what to do with the bread. If he says it's best served with olive oil but the customer wants to butter it, his professinal opinion matters zich.

So in short, your ((>)) memery was actually and factually 100% correct when it comes to this case you sad pitiful retard

The citation is the film, go fucking watch it.

>Faggot, they literally show VIDEO FROM THE FILM in Avengers.

Uh, I'm pretty sure they don't show footage from Incredible Hulk in Avengers because Banner is played by a different guy, kiddo.

She-Hulk could really use an Ally McBeal type show. But gotta be on Netflix only safe place not to get monkeyed with by executives.

What's happening at the 3:56 mark? Also, you have just as much access to google as user does. Learn to use it.

youtu.be/i8_dwD81aKQ

I'd love to watch Marvel's Single Female Lawywer.

It's footage of the Hulk, not Banner so it's a non-issue.

Also, they recast Rhodey in between Iron Man and Iron Man 2, does that mean Iron Man isn't canon anymore?

Rhodey is secretly Thanos.

Ah yes, of course.