Loud House

3 episodes and still struggling to see the larger appeal and love this board has for this.

It's like a more immature, down to earth, and cliche Amazing World of Gumball.

Is it because it's an American Waifu-bait show?

>10 girls all with a different flavor
It's pretty fucking obvious, OP.

but there must be someone who enjoys it genuinely and not because of the waifus right? ...right?

Well, if you're a fan of Gumball, then humor-wise TLH is probably not going to be for you. TLH Characters only scream when they are angry, not as their normal "talking" voice, and there aren't constant references to anime and video games bombarding you.

It's not going to have any special snow flake gendered-rocks or magic, or Lore like you're other showed so you might as well quit now.

If don't enjoy sincere down-to-earth cliches and corny cartoony setups you're better off quitting it now. It's pure slice of life (All "Filler" as you call it in your other fandoms) with some minor continuity.

Doesn't Sup Forums hate it for the most part?

It's a western harem incest anime for westaboos starring a shota (aka: poor man's Dipper) who shotafags furiously fap to because they ran out of options once Gravity Falls ended and Marco is too old for them and things got weird when he appeared in drag.

>Sup Forums
>liking stuff

Me, the art style gives back a comic book feel, each character has its own stereotypical trait which is good, you can sum them up in 2 words easily. No sequences between episodes so you can have an episodic treat without having to binge all the episodes to understand what's going on. It's mainly innocent and makes you remember the time passed with your siblings or the simple dilemas you had with your parents and brothers/sisters. It's good it gives a classic feel to it and it's mostly memorable. Also the high amount of cast makes you relate with atleast one of the characters, so that is a good hook. And it's a show I can actually suggest to a family audience. Trying to get parents to watch Steven Universe, Gumball, or anything besides Spongebob is kind of a challenge.

It has a classic Dennis the Menace feel with a refreshing sister cast.

And I know saying refreshing sister cast makes me sound like some waifu degenerate, but it's more along the lines of I'm fucking sick of "dudebros" in basically every show. It's part of why people latched on so hard to stuff like Star Vs, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls. It wasn't just more Finn/Jake, Darwin/Gumball, Mordecai/Ridgy couples.

Yeah, even this show does have it with Clyde, but that isn't the main relationship hook: It's Lincoln with his sisters. In fact, Lincoln is often the worst part of the episodes, the sisters have the better personalities.

The show sounds like it plays it too safe.

>that cute, eccentric, kind of crazy girl from your theater group will never confess her feelings for you in the shape of a home-made pie
what's even the point anymore

>too safe

What am I supposed to see here?

No, not really. is but one example. Once the parents start getting into more active roles, there's more jokes about them in the series.

fake

loss.jpg

Its real

>all these butthurt loudhouse fags coming out of the woodwork

TLH is one part waifu-bait, one part generic disney cartoon trash. It's a shitshow.

It's just a harem anime but it's Sup Forums of course the waifufags love it

Except for a very few episodes, show is pretty watchable. Which is something I can't say about many others today

> Why are Loud House fans posting in this Loud House thread? What the fuck?

>Loud House fans flock to the one Loud House thread that's rarely ever up to reply to guy who outright asks why they are fans

>loudhouse fags are pretty much manchildren that prove my point

It's Comfy, somewhat nostalgic, and not spongebob.
It's not setting out to be something amazing but it's something we're very familiar with. I'd never call it a 10/10 but I'm really enjoy watching it.

>I-If I greentext, I look smarter and like I'm not a summerfag!

I do think the show can be quite hit and miss in Season 1. While Lincoln's first voice actor is better than his second voice actor, they've only just recently figured out where they're going with the show.

Season 2 has been far more solid ("No Such Luck" aside) because they're letting the other siblings.

As for why it's enjoyable, I think it simple just fits a similar spot that newspaper comics do for people in that there are slice of life's scenarios that people can relate to with an an occasional slice of over the top cartoon logic and some "sneak it past the censors" humour (Loss.jpg, Skinny Dipping Parents, "No balls"). The girls are allowed to be gross, the boys are allowed to be sensitive, and the morals while predictable are all fine when you stop and remember who the target audience of this show is. They wear the Newspaper Comic comparisons with pride as the art style is intended to look like that and so it has a charm in that sense.

Also while people do mock the show for waifus, the fact there is a large cast is also a legit selling point in that even if you hate one of the sisters, chances are you'll like one of the others and you'll want to stick around for their jokes and moments. I see people say the characters are One Dimensional, but I think that's unfair.

I like the show but I'm never going to pretend it's the 10/10 greatest show of all time (IMHO, that's still Courage the Cowardly Dog). But it's an easy watching show that you can drop in to at any point without confusion and have a good chance to get a few smiles out of it for 15 minutes of your time. The only other show that's like it right now is Gumball, and honestly I think with Gumball leaning more towards the surreal comedy compared to Loud House's sitcom style, there's room for both.

>People call it harem
Enough proof to know those people never fucking watch any anime let alone harem anime because there's basically no sexual tension in this show for it to even qualify as one.

Saying this is a harem is like saying most cartoons are reverse harem because they have a 90% male cast with a token girl.

>each character has its own stereotypical trait which is good, you can sum them up in 2 words easily

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

I'm convinced only pedophiles and incest fetishists like this show

It's fine in terms of "introducing the characters to a first time viewer when an average episode has 13 characters for 14 minutes".

When the characters get an episode where they can be more of the focus, they tend to be fleshed out far more past the easy to describe description.

And honestly, tons of other popular non-linear shows have the same "Character fits a stereotype and can be summarised in two words" thing going for them. Seems silly to have it bother us now.

>waifu bait

maybe it is but I still enjoy it more than steven crybabyverse. that show is pretty waifu baity too.

lol

>implying that 99% of the people who watch that show will catch that

LH is a genuinely good SOL to me and it reminds me of cartoon shows I used to watch when I was a kid. I guess you can say it's like a watered down version of gumball because it's just kids being kids, and gumball is the same, but with added humor into it LH will never have.

The waifus is a bonus to me.

but muh incest

And all of them underage.

Well done.

>IMHO, that's still Courage the Cowardly Dog
MAH NIGGA

Lincoln has serious sexusl tension between him and lynn

this image is what got me into the series, also thinking that its fake. but it is not.
i enjoy the show. it has some incredibly boring episodes, and then has other episodes that are hilarious, like the flu break

Wow, she was already my favorite character, now even more so.

You. Stop that.