DC makes a film just about everyone likes

>DC makes a film just about everyone likes

>Critics praise it as much as the audience

>Even most Marvel fans like it

So why do DC fans still seem so angry? Even when you guys get something nice, you find a way to get salty about it. Hell, the board is stuffed with DC rage today.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/news/jon-berg-geoff-johns-wonder-woman-sequel-justice-league-1202471557/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was shit. No Marvelfan like this.

>Even when you guys get something nice
We got something incredibly fucking nice with Mos and the UC of Bvs but that wasn't good enough for you inflexible selfish mother fuckers who won't tolerate valid unique alternate versions of characters. Your childish fucking cowards who won't try or accept new things.

It's probably because they felt compelled to defend terrible movies for so long they don't know what to do now that a Dcu movie is actually good

>Even most Marvel fans like it
>DC fans still seem so angry
(citation needed)

>Marvel fans like it

Nice try DC shill

Sorry for wanting my movies to be good.

This.

Part of it is how they have to rethink things.

The common excuse was that RT/critics are bad and terrible and have an anti-DC bias.

But the same people who hated all of that, liked WW.

By admitting that critics were right about WW, the also have to admit that the old critiques were also right.

Mos and the UC of Bvs factually were competently made in almost every way.

Guess because the critics praising it also took a jab at the other 3 movies, like "A woman saved the dceu" articles and shit.

I'm not mad at it, as someone who loved BvS and MoS, I also liked WW a lot. Don't be dense, of course you are only ever going to see the most extreme opinions because those that hold them are more dogmatic and thus more likely to shout into the void that is Sup Forums than someone with a moderate, or even non-fanatical, mindset.

>he thinks all DCEU lovers are the few idiots who post about critics conspiracy
>he doesnt realize that most of those posts are ironic meme talk anyway

come on my dude, you cant be THIS new?

No they don't have a Anti Dc bias, they have...
> Anti serious Superman bias
> Anti Snyder bias
> Anti bittersweet heroes can't save everyone ending bias.
And the bigger issue is they have a insufferable bordering on fucking insane level of not paying attention, the number of blind mother fuckers who said Clark destroyed the city when he FACTUALLY ON SCREEN DID NOT DESTROY A SINGLE FUCKING BUILDING is cancer in the purest form imaginable. That extends to the people saying that Pa Kent said to let people die and to not help anyone ever for selfish reasons which is the polar opposite of what fucking happened.

>hurr durr you dont like my skeleton woman movie? YOU MUST BE a marvel fagg.

Critics are pretty plebs these days anyways, didnt they super rate TFA awakens too?

>bittersweet heroes
Snyder's movies were anything but "sweet", bitter or otherwise.

I am talking about their victories & the conclusions.
Clark saved 7-8 BILLION lives twice in Mos.

Snyder was a shitty director before he even touched Watchmen and he'll be a shitty director after Justice League.

He's a total hack and you likely have autism.

People still shit on the other DCEU movies, so there's a bitter sweetness to it

>So why do DC fans still seem so angry?
Are you kidding me? I love DC, but hated the DCEU up to Wonder Woman which I loved. Salty no funs allowed are upset DC finally made a movie that made people walk out of the movie with a smile on their face.

I did

You know about that quote that says one death is a tragedy, one million deaths are a statistic? It's the same about heroic acts. Saving "the world" is an abstract thing. Nobody can conceptualize 7 billion lives. They are just words. On the other hand the scene about the suicidal kid in All Star Superman has a much bigger emotional impact than all the "saves the world" you want.

Gadot is cute

>You know about that quote that says one death is a tragedy, one million deaths are a statistic?
Yes, you're literally quoting Stalin.

I'm a Marvel fan(a real Marvel fan too, not a MCUck fanboy from /r/marvelstudios who likes company war bullshit) and I thought Wonder Woman was amazing and a step in the right direction for the DCEU.

After Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 which were generic MCU flicks and bastardizations of the source material, it was refreshing to see capeshit with some originality for once.

I think is a perfect answer to your question OP

Not really, see pic related. the phrase has a dozen different sources. Still, it would be true even if said by Super-Hitler.

Strange and Guardians 2 felt nothing like the other MCU movies. Just like how Winter Solider felt different when compared to the other films.

Except Strange is almost exactly like a typical MCU movie?

I'm a lifelong Marvel fan and Wonder Woman was better than most of the MCU films. Y'all gotta stop it with this juvenile console wars bullshit.

Eh?
Most people i know like the film, myself i place it at a similar tier as MoS with a few flaws but wholly good final product.

A vocal minority, no matter how vocal doesn't mean jackshit anyway, its all subjective.

So is poison but I probably wouldn't recommend consuming it.

le upvote

>We got something incredibly fucking nice with Mos and the UC of Bvs

MCU fag here. I think MoS was unfairly maligned, even if it had some problems and I fucking loved WW except for the climax. Look I got nothing against DC, in fact I like a lot of their roster - particularly their villains. It's just that a lot of angry internet fucks have latched onto the DCU to fuel shit flinging, particularly Sup Forums. I will watch and like any good capeshit that comes along, whatever it's source.

It was okay.

I mean, it wasn't the 9/10 masterpiece that low expectations and virtue signalling critics have made it out to be, but it's not bad. It's definitely better than the Thor films.

Unfortunately, it has some severe issues, like most of the action being underwhelming, Gadot still being an inert plank, and the third acting being a mess, but it makes up for it in other areas. I'm really surprised that the film seems to actually understand WW, and that's what lends it a lot of its charm.

I doubt I'll watch it again, but it wasn't shit.

I didn't like the movie very much. I mean, I certainly didn't dislike it, but I liked Man of Steel and the first two thirds of BvS UC much more.
No anger here by the way, just a feeling of bewilderment as I'm sorta disappointed by first DC movie everyone else seems to like.

Strange did. I mean, it was actually a good film, despite the contrarian streak running through Sup Forums these days, but it adhered pretty slavishly to the studio formula.

Guardians you have a point with. The structure of GotG is really weird, and it doesn't conform at all to anything you'd expect from the MCU. The only recognizable element from other films is the huge CGIfest at the end, which is an unfortunate hallmark of big blockbuster movies, as suits don't feel like they can sell a movie without one..

>Gadot still being an inert plank

I find her acting to be similar to Keanu's. Might seem like an insult, but I like Keanu and will give movies a try because he's in them. He doesn't have a big acting range, but he's a likeable presence.

Anyway it easily beats watching the DCEU Bats or Supes grimace for a few hours.

the entire mcu crew is praising it

>>DC makes a film just about everyone likes
kys shill

I don't like it because it's pretty much a Marvel movie, and it has doomed DC to release samey and clonic movies that won't feel any different from Marvel or FOX's.
BvS and MoS felt different, but they were garbage, so I don't count them.

Put in charge of adaptation of the ultimate superhero deconstruction.
>Makes characters that are supposed to be losers, delusional or downright psychopaths look "cool".

>Put in charge of straight superhero adaptations that are supposed to be the foundation of a shared universe of ongoing superhero stories.
>Goes into full deconstruction mode, turning everybody into pathethic losers, violent whackos or unlikeable assholes.

Why would anyone accept garbage just because it's new?

I've seen every single MCU movie and I liked Wonder Woman, I liked it more than Avengers 2 and Civil War in fact. First DCEU movie I really liked and didn't have to start my opinion of it with "I don't think it was TERRIBLE, but..."

I thought it was Sup Forums who were assblasted and mentally gymnastic week after surpassed expectations week.

It's spelled "niche" not nice.

Conversely you then had Marvelfags claiming that Wonder Woman only got good reviews because it starred a woman and Iron Fist is actually amazing but critics hate it because something something white genocide

Too bad the reviews don't matter because all capeshit media is legitimately awful.

I found BvS to be far better than WW. Pebs will pleb.

They're praising it for the wrong reason. Anyone with an IQ of over 100 will tell you MoS and BvS were more compelling, thought-provoking and just better films altogether.

Wonder Woman's story was simplistic, the villains weren't fleshed out- it did not have a sense of grandeur.

But apparently saving that family from Zod somehow doesn't count?

It's just Sup Forumsntrarians who hate it. The same kinds of losers who think/pretend to think that Dawn of Justice was a good movie.

Because they made 1 good movie... You do realize that this is the second film that DC has made, not to star Batman, that was universally agreed to be good since Superman II

>Conversely you then had Marvelfags claiming that Wonder Woman only got good reviews because it starred a woman
Well, most of RT reviews praising movie basically "MUH GRIL POWAH"

I would say that MoS and BvS did poorly because they simply tried to cram too much stuff into one film. They lost focus by trying to cover everything.

WW might be a more simplistic story overall, but I know more about all the characters from that story than I do about any of the characters in MoS and BvS.

A disjointed complex narritive is great, if that's the whole point, but for super hero films, which are largely character driven, focusing on the narrative to the detriment of characters makes them much worse.

BvS really suffered from this, Aquaman, Flash, and Wonder Woman should not have been in that movie. Doomsday especially, while awesome, was a huge derailment. It's a single movie that really should have been 2 or 3 movies on its own. Cramming it into one just makes it awful.

That degree of self awareness is rarely found in these parts. Congrats.

This. Say what you want about MCU movies, but they tell a concise story with a beginning, middle and an end. BvS had some lofty ideas, but it felt muddled.

>It's a single movie that really should have been 2 or 3 movies on its own.

Oh please. You're basically just demanding spoonfeeding from the movie.

No, I'm saying they put in too much stuff, and it would work better as a longer narrative that actually has time to dig into it.

At the very least, if they ditched the Doomsday arc of the film, and focused on the "Heroes come together to stop superman, and make peace" it would have worked better.

They crammed in a bunch of stuff so they could justify doing Justice League, without doing all the legwork that the Marvel folks did by establishing a more solid foundation.

A short nod and a cameo, and a more focused story would be better for the film.

Why would a DC fan defend those turds? It was always Snyder fans that did all that work.
Plus I haven't been here for a while but I'm sad to see that people can still make Sup Forums threads without going to Sup Forums. You have your own board to shit up with movie bullshit.

What's wrong with trying to break the mold? Look at the first thing people complain about the MCU movies- they all feel the same. I commend Snyder for trying something different

>they all feel the same.
Just like modern DCEU
Welcome into MCU 2.0 DCucks
Jon Berg & Geoff Johns get honest about the DCEU

-They admit that the DCEU was too dark

-People embraced WW due to the film being positive and optimistic which is what the DC comics/characters are about

-Suicide Squad didn't work narratively and had a bad plot but had great characters/actors

-BvS was too dark

-Batgirl & Harley Quinn movies are in the works

-Joss Whedon had a meeting with WB/DC and saw Batgirl's name on their master board and expressed interest

-Geoff & St.Patty Jenkins are currently working on a WW sequel treatment

-WWs role in JL isn't changing due to the success of the film. She always had a big part in it due to the audience reception in BvS

variety.com/2017/film/news/jon-berg-geoff-johns-wonder-woman-sequel-justice-league-1202471557/

>What's wrong with trying to break the mold?
Nothing, the problem is making a shit movie where breaking the mold is the only somewhat positive thing you can say about it.

That comes after Clark already failed. Sure, it's nice, but it doesn't make me forget that half of Metropolis was turned to dust or that Supes dodged a fucking oil tank only to let it explode on a building that was shown to be full of people

He should've saved multiple people DURING the fight, not as an afterthought, like Donner's did or the Avengers

This.

I'm gonna use a food analogy, because it's how I think;

If I order a basic cheeseburger and I get a basic cheeseburger, I'm satisfied.

If I order a fancy souffle, and what I get is a burnt collapsed mess, I'm not at all satisfied. It doesn't matter that the chef tried to cook something complicated; he wasn't skilled enough to pull it off, the dish didn't work, he shouldn't have put it on the menu in the first place and I'd rather eat a cheeseburger.

REVENGE

>op makes a thread trying to push the idea of DC fans being cancer
>in the FIRST POST marvel fans prove to be the worst fanbade ever
Damn OP, sorry for your thread

>DC fans still angry
What the fuck, look at this thread m8. Only MCU shills are mad that a Gal Gadot movie has outgrossed Winter Soldier in 3 weeks with less marketing and budget. And this is nothing, wait until it wins an oscar too

>with less marketing
Nice try shill
Also, you are literally copying MCU now.

Uh uh, nice meme

Also, i love how you fags keep pulling out different movies to compare the grossing, as if 15 MCU movies should all be 1billion grossers. I thought Doc Strange was the punching bag these days

What try, feminists were up in arms because there was no marketing for this movie. There are a dozen or so clickbait articles around commenting on it. I'm sorry no one likes Cap, not Wondie's fault

WW outgrossed Doctor Beyonce like a week ago, with less budget and marketing too

>there was no marketing for this movie.
Bitch please, in every wallmart there were WW marketing.
For example compare with Deadpool, which really doesn't have marketing budget
>I'm sorry no one likes Cap, not Wondie's fault
Sorry cuck but most likely your feminist icon will be better only than MoS and not competitor to the last Cap movie

It didn't. It still may do. Stop, you're looking desperate, there's no point in turning this into a pissibg contest, they're good movies so comics fans already won as a whole

I haven't watched the movie and probably never will, but is there any neck-breaking in it? I'd like to know if it's a faithful adaptation.

>Stop, you're looking desperate
That's DC-SJW in nutshells

But it has already BTFO the last cap movie, winter soldier. Don't worry kid, they'll shoehorn RDJ in the next movie so it doesn't flop

TWS made more than $700million, what the fuck are you talking about? WW is just close to 600

This. Was he trying to fucking make up for watchmen or something

>Look at the first thing people complain about the MCU movies-
I'm just going to tell you right now that if that thing is the largest complaint about the MCU movies, I'd say they probably have nothing to worry about

Also, Snyder didn't try something different at all. Deadpool did

>last cap movie, winter soldier.
nice try cuck

>the last cap movie, winter soldier.
No matter how much you meme, Civil War is still a Cap movie

>RDJ as big as Evans in the poster
Tip top kek

>manlet jew taller than batman and superman in "Batman versus Superman"-movie

>That comes after Clark already failed.

How did he fail? He had to go around the world to destroy one part of the World Engine since nobody else could do it. And the oil tanker somehow did more damage than what Zod's eyebeams or the world engine had already done? Come on.

>He should've saved multiple people DURING the fight,

This is pure autism. How the fuck can he save people while combating a military nutjob who had just vowed to commit planetwide genocide? A guy who btw is genetically engineered to be better at fighting than him. Clark was barely holding on as it was and Zod was growing better and better at using his powers every second.

>Doomsday arc

He's a mindless monster to punch, he had no arc. His creation was directly tied to establishing how connected and widespread Lex's influence was, which strenghtened the idea that he could figure out Batman and Superman's identities.

>A short nod and a cameo, and a more focused story would be better for the film

That's literally what Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg cameos were.

I know it's hard for you people to understand this, but here's how it works: if the writer/director want something to happen, it happens. If Clark wasn't able to save people it's because the creators specifically decided that wasn't going to happen, not because that's the only possible outcome. Screaming over and over again "HUUUURRR ZOD WOULDN'T ALLOW IT" is literally meaningless, because Zod has no bearing on the script

>the scene about the suicidal kid in All Star Superman
Was a shit scene and lazy writing

How the fuck do you get "spoonfeeding" from that you fucking idiot

Why is it bad that people died in an alien invasion? Superman cannot save everyone, it's literally impossible for him to be everywhere at once. People already died when the World Engine went online and the collateral damage killed some more once the fight with Zod moved on. Criticizing that two Kryptonians fighting in a giant metropolitan city would hurt anyone even indirectly is inane.

Nobody's saying people aren't allowed to die. In fact plenty of people die in most cape movies. WW didn't stop the wars just with her presence, just like the Avengers didn't automatically save everybody from the Chitauri or Ultron's robots, Zemo made a bunch of politicians blow up, Logan loses people all the time etc.

Problem is, we see those heroes struggle to save the innocents. With Clark we see no such thing, it's all about punching things, and that inevitably frustrates the viewers, and the fanboys have nothing but "well, he's SUPPOSED to be retarded!" as excuse

He made a fucking oil tank explode on a building. You don't need years of superhero experience to realize what was going to happen. That particular situation is so ridiculous some Snyderfags ended up claiming maybe Clark thought it contained fucking water so it's not his fault

If Superman had stopped fighting Zod to save people you would be bithing about Zod not attacking him while he does it or destroying the world at the time, or if he did it you'd be calling Supermab a dumbass for getting distracted while there is an overpowered alien about to nuke the entire planet. Since there is literally no winning with you guys, all these criticisms have very little value

Superhero movies are incapable of being good.
Plus, bad work gets rewarded.

>le "all capeshit is inherently shit but I only show up in DCEU threads" shill face
Board culture at this point

I would post in MCU threads if they were made.

>le I'm a le victim of le capeshit wars
Capeshit needs to be banned from Sup Forums

>So why do DC fans still seem so angry?
Just Marvel fans false flagging as DC fans, just like every time a DC movie comes out. Either that or corporate shills.

The only thing to get angry about is that critics once again chose politics over giving legitimate reviews. Sure, it's nice to have critics like it, but they liked it for the wrong reasons. Judge it based on its merits rather than "yaas queen slay."

OP I'll tell you what it is

it's comic book readers

they're predominantly older, male, sometime in their probably early 50s now, with a family and a lot of free capital (high earners)

there's fewer and fewer of them every year, because the older ones are dying off

what you get as a subset of these is very vocal fans who fit the basic profile but maybe don't have kids, or still read comics to escape their families even though they don't have a lot of money

and this subset are the superfans: the ones who know every storyline from the last 10 years, even the ones they hated

they read it all, and they get angry about it, and to be honest, that vocal anger can sometimes drive the publisher's offerings if the publisher mistakes them for the majority viewpoint because of how loud they get

so it is with movies: they've followed the comics for years and they feel that publishers "owe" them (in fact, the transaction "money for comics" has been satisfactorily completed every time they've bought anything) and by extension production companies working on movies about those selfsame comic book characters "owe" them (which is ludicrous)

and when you get a movie that's not aimed at this subset, or which isn't even aimed in their general direction (such as the first two Thor movies), they complain

a lot

and they will never stop complaining, because they feel that they somehow "own" the characters, they're emotionally invested in them and their worlds; broken little men playing with dolls

ignore them, most people are normal, even among comic book readers