Who is the best Batgirl and why is it Cassandra Cain?

Who is the best Batgirl and why is it Cassandra Cain?

Cause she had a good ongoing that was remarkable.

>7:57

Fuck you, asshole.

Cass was the best skillwise, but she wasn't my favorite.

I love Stephanie too, but Cassandra did it better.

I just wish Miller used Cassandra more at the end. Just to give Stephanie a thumbs up or this to actually happen.

Why do we keep having this thread? You guys always say the same thing anyway.

When the competition is comprised of Barbara Gordon and Stephanie Brown, it ain't that hard to be the best Batgirl. The better question is whether she is the best girl linked to Batman. I'd say she is below Selina and roughly even with Batwoman at this point.

Nice.

>I'd say she is below Selina and roughly even with Batwoman at this point.

>at this point.

What's Cass like now? Everything I've read has her as a background character. Because if we're talking about Batgirl (Cass) at her best then I'd put her in first. She was the only one that was in my opinion really dedicated to Batman's goals and mission. And I thought she was being put in place as a possible successor. But then she just kind of went off rail with the whole Blackbat thing. But now, I haven't got any feel for her as a character other than best fighter.

I'm just glad Nissa is coming back.

Cass is basically Kid Cass now. She's a lot younger than Stephanie and Tim now ironically (she was about Jason's age prior).

Her origins have been tuned all the to a grim dark 11 now. David Cain is now a complete monster who only become's semi-descent until he kills Mother after she tries to kill him for the third time in B&RE.

She's abused harder now than before dumped into pits of dead bodies and watches her father murder people. Her "kill" that transformed her is now Harper/Cullen Row's mother. So she's tied to that now for "impactful" reasons.

Really, the funny thing is Tynion tried to make her a main character and it did work. It honestly did again. The problem is he decided to drop all of that to set up another freaking Cass arc down the lane without fully giving closure or Cass getting a "happy" moment. Instead, it's more darkness having to watch another parent be killed (Shiva, though Ra's says he'll resurrect her to further torment her). And basically not show Bruce, Kate, and Cass seeing the ballet together. Cause goddammit I wanted to see the ballet together!

Though I somewhat do enjoy that for some odd reason Cass is now motivated by her Aunt Carolyn, apparently is now a self-help guru in this new universe (and might be still alive unless Cat Grant is older than she lets on).

Her budding friendship with Clayface is also the best part of the comic now. This is gonna end in tragedy and even though I'm not fully attached this shit is gonna be an emotional wreck of a story.

I remember back when Sup Forums hated her but compared to Barbara it seems Sup Forums will take anything they can get

Well, compare the positions of the storyline. Barbara gets another issue of Dick showing up and romantic hijinks.How many issues have these two had now? I've kind of lost count.

This is also the what third story arc of the Rebirth series that focuses on Barbara on yet another love interest?

Jason was right to avoid that blackhole.

How the fuck was she the best skillwise? Her ineptitude was a reoccurring plot point.

For me it was she kept trying due to failing so much.

>wearing skintight leather with no eye holes and no opening for her mouth.

>insults someone else's outfit

>Cass was the best skillwise

>why is it Cassandra Cain?
Because she was the only scary one. The whole bat theme is supposed to be about instilling fear. Who the fuck would be afraid of any of the other Batgirls? Cassandra looked like she could fuck you up (and she probably would).

And there's the added irony. Cause you know who added no eye holes and no opening for her mouth in that mask? Helena.

>Hitting a fuse box with a sword

Well, good thing this isn't reality.

I'm trying to recall what Tynion used for that. The only thing I can think of is the old TMNT movie with the Foot Soldier doing that and getting the shit electrocuted out of him.

Of course, this is so freaking "Old Boy" and he's done this elevator thing with Cass TWICE already.

Fuck why did I enjoy this issue?! Oh right.. first time Cass had an actual somewhat fight in over ten years.

>alien
>not seen
wrong movie bitch.

Another Bat hoe Joker should've crippled and taken naked pictures of.

To be fair it could be A LOT of movies did that. So it might not be just that. Also Xenomorphs and Predators are cannon in the DCU so really those movies don't exist.

Why haven't we gotten a new damn Batman vs. Predator comic? Bruce, Damian, Kate, Luke, Cass, and Jason vs. a freaking pair of Predators I would throw money at.

>Also Xenomorphs and Predators are cannon in the DCU
Only in pre-New52
Also
>it's another "Predator refuse to use his plasmagun with auto-aim"-BvP-episode

They miss their waifu. Let them be.

>miss

What do you mean? She's been back for a while.

ok you guys convinced me. what should i read?

Honestly, her first run.

>cannon

It's spelled Canon.

>Cass used to be a badass that could outright kill a person but chooses not to
>Is now a weak ballerina/actor who lost everything that made her cool

>. Also Xenomorphs and Predators are cannon in the DCU
Except that Predator and Alien canons are contradict to each other

Cassandra did what better? Beat people up? Sure! But I love Steph the best. :)

Tell that to the League of Shadows.

Cass did childhood abuse better. David Cain used to be a much more complex character.

The three trades that were published over the last few years are the best Cass stuff on the market - and good deals, too!

Because she actually had a proper motivation and sense of character growth that wasn't "I want to be a super hero tee hee selfie "

Why is that a competition?

Steph's thing has never been abuse survivor, other than a hot minute during the deeply bizzare Jon Lewis run on Robin. Her thing is "plucky outlook with a utility belt full of crap."

>Bruce, Damian, Kate, Luke, Cass, and Jason vs. a freaking pair of Predators

>Steph's thing has never been abuse survivor
It was more of a thing when she was Spoiler since she was poor, uneducated, and not well trained, but Miller put Steph in higher education, made her a decent fighter, and cleaned up Steph's mother.

Cass fans think this issue is the shit.

I just think it's shit. I love Phil Noto's art for it, but the characterization is so off and meanspirited, especially after Steph covered for Cass in the previous issue.

Steph is unironically more interesting now than she was before, she's just also harder to waifu so she's not liked as much.

Would it be better or worse if she took the place of Harper Row in Batman Eternal as was meant to happen

Steph is my Batgirl but I completely respect people who are all about Cass.

I'm not sure what she's trying to accomplish besides working through her Tim-grief by interfering with Batman while doing Batman-style shit.

>Who is the best Batgirl
Cassandra Cain
>and why is it Cassandra Cain?
Her early appearances and the first few years of her solo are the best Batgirl comics.

Although Stephanie and (pre-Flashpoint) Barbara still have plenty going for them.

Some anons don't think of her as the same Cass.

If you think a painless take down to spare Stephanie's morals while Cass did some repugnant shit is bad, you really don't want to know what Bruce was up to in that arc.

Huh really? I liked the issue.

>Cass speaking full sentences
I miss it :(

Tim

Steph was my favourite Batgirl but Cass is my favourite character period

What? We know who the male is in the relationship.