Aquaman #25 Storytime

Underworld part one!

It's time

Other urls found in this thread:

nebezial.deviantart.com/art/death-vigil-1-full-issue-cuz-it-s-a-good-day-496921638
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope this is going to be gooood.
It's my only comic in my pulllist

Uh, ok...good for you?

make atlantis great again!

I mean it's been fine. Nothing amazing but decently enjoyable.

You can do better if you can only afford one ongoing, but it's not the worst you could be pulling.

Stjepan Sejic is incredible when comes to recreate Fantasy and world building. The best choice that DC could make for Aquaman.

I'm kinda of a Stjepan fanboy and summer is a terrible period for me. Can't make money so I can't afford more than one ongoing.
From this winter I'm moving to trades as well.

I wrote it before but I really dig Corum's royal design

Its good.
I actually really like the plot direction here. I know everyone is going to be caught up in the art, but this really expands on Atlantis as a nation and culture. We've had so many repeats of WAR WITH THE USA that I think its been every other arc since New52. This issue had so much world building that I liked.

I hope they take this on. One thing I always felt was a problem with the repeated War with the Surface arcs was that Arthur never really looked out for Atlantis, and Atlantis always jobbed to the US/surface. I can see why people would be pissed at Arthur. He's a shit king. Hopefully this arc will have him embrace Atlantis over the Surface world and act a s a proper Leader to his people. If he did so, half the wars would be averted because most of them are caused by him never acting upon the transgressions by the surface. Maybe because I'm a diplomat, I'd like to see more about Atlantis as a sovereign state, and how that would interact with the world.

Poor Mera, why does best girl have to suffer?

It's official. Aquaman is the most sexy male cape character.

Fuck you Murk. Traitorous scum.

So, is this supposed to be another Trump allegory?

>Aquaman gets storytimed fast and still in the morning

Man this is going to be something, why is everyone so hyped for this particular issue?

Arthur is a good, but weak king

Was Orin the name of that other Aquaman that was Arthur Curry but not Arthur Curry Aquaman the other Arthur Curry that became Aquaman? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

>BSOD Mera
;_;
also is this before or after the JL tie-in?

>Aquaman turns into Batman of Atlantis
neat

he didn't kill Arthur and let him fall instead of carrying him to Rath, plus still called him 'his king', I'd hold that thought

Sejic's DC interior art debut

Before, per the last page.
Past storytimes would die early so I'd do them in the afternoon.

>MeraxTula
J-just like Sejic's other series. Lewd.

I hate the way these lettering bubbles aren't outlined.

No, it was Aquaman's actual name.

you are super autistic

Hmm...

Here we go.

>it's autistic to pay attention to one of the most important visual cues of a comic

k

>House of Atlan
does this make Aquaman's atlantean name Orin Atlan?

I want to fuck this dolphin

Nah he's a poor king. He's a good man, but that doesn't make a good king.
Arthur's always approached the situation from the wrong direction. When there is conflict between two states - even and especially between friendly states - you work towards a compromise. Arthur has historically looked at how Atlantis can compromise to meet the needs/desires of the surface world, where a good king would have worked to see where the surface world could compromise with Atlantis. He's the head of state but retains permanent residence on the surface within the boarders of a nation he has frequently gone to war with. He's a weak king because he's a poor king. He tries to have both the life of Arthur Curry, living on the surface and small town American hero, and King of Atlantis simultaneously. That's just strait up a recipe for disloyalty within Atlantis.

I do appreciated that a lot of the characters internal conflict and development comes him that issue, the duality between Hero and King, but I'd love to see more King and less hero.

>squid pauldrons
Neat.

wasn't Orin Aquaman's regal name or something? Like he was Orin for Atlanteans but Arthur for surface dwellers
in n52 Orin was one of Arthur's ancestors

also yup he's lying

>that Dolphin's look
She just met him, and already hungry for Arthur's dick.
Mera will be cucked, that's for sure.

Stupid sexy Arthur.

>>She's mute
MY DIIIIIIIIICK

Yeah - US relations with Atlantis should be more on the lines of relations with Russia or the EU as a whole. We don't throw our weight around so much when it's immediately obvious it will cost us. Or maybe more like our relationship with Saudi Arabia - they do have power but the moment those cunts aren't useful anymore we will pay the cost to fuck them over and grab their shit.

mommy mera

Damn, that was really fucking good. Both storywise and of course artwise.

Is there a reason Sejic has never done an on-going for the big two before? His art if fucking godlike.

Next:
>“UNDERWORLD” part two! Enraged by rumors of Arthur’s survival in the slums of Atlantis, the ruthless King Rath orders the use of ancient Atlantean techno-magic to track down the Aquaman at all costs! But the ex-king Arthur can’t hide for long when his fate collides with that of a mysterious young woman on the run from Rath’s own secret police. Her name: Dolphin.

Well, DC interior art debut. Young, talented, cheap Sejic showed up a lot of crap artists on Witchblade.

suddenly i regret not buying this

Might as well include JL 24's solicit:
>Continuing the ocean-shattering events of AQUAMAN #25, the League confronts Mera, who is desperate, reckless and emotionally exhausted by what's happened to Arthur Curry. And when she shows Arthur's teammates exactly how powerful she is she does not hold back! This special tale is written by AQUAMAN writer Dan Abnett!

I guess you have to appeal to what he likes to draw...which is usually girls girls girls.

His pet project, Death Vigil, is a lot of fun too. Pretty much Western Bleach.

He posted the full issues on his DA because, well, it sold pretty low
nebezial.deviantart.com/art/death-vigil-1-full-issue-cuz-it-s-a-good-day-496921638

I hope Aquaman Rebirth is remembered for having the best covers because god damn. Every month they knock it out of the park.

Trade waiting.

fuck yes
Stjepan did you not have time to finish shading Tula's clothes on the last panel

When was the last time we had a cute mute character? I can't remember closer than NTT Jericho
jeez Stjepan jumped into deep waters, having to do a character that has to communicate by expressions only, even Joey had signs

Sejic is among the top 5 comic book artists. DC was very smart to finally give him the chance to shine in the DCU.
But i have to say that Abnett did a great job with the story too. Excellent Aquaman issue.

omg I fucking love how pale Mera is on this page...

>andy khouri

How can one editor be so based?

Jericho is still cute in Deathstroke now, though he's a slut. And I guess not functionally mute since he has tech to communicate.

>Nyaaargh

I'll give it a look. I checked out Sunstone the other day and it was deliciously lewd.

>Is there a reason Sejic has never done an on-going for the big two before? His art if fucking godlike.
He was extremely grateful to Top Cow for giving him consistent work for years and didn't want to abandon them.

Oh, he's a very lewd artist, but he also makes his stuff a lot of fun. Death Vigil is about 8 issues and it had a lot of charm going for it.

We all agree Murk is a triple agent, right?

If going only monthly is the price to pay for Sejic's art then it's a price I'll gladly pay. Abnett stepped up his writing as well.

Even underwater the thirst is real

DC need to lock him the fuck down and make him exclusive asap.

To criticize the art: I don't really like the bubble effect. Just feels kind of like a lazy way of filling space as is, would have liked for it to mostly emphasize movement.

Issue was good though, just a nitpick since that's why we're here.

I think it would be unique, but closer to the EU/Russia. The fascinating thing about Atlantis is that it's possibly more powerful the the US. That simply hasn't been a state of existence for ~100 years. The US would have to be very careful because Atlantis has the capability to strike the mainland, particularly the coastal areas. Even if it was just an economic tensions, lets say the Atlanteans use their hydro tech to draw the ocean back from the coast. Ports with low draft are shut down, all shipping in and out of the US is cut off. The economic repercussions would be vast. Or the Atlanteans cut the Submarine communications cables between the US and the world. Thats not to mention the effects a Tsunami would have on the coastal areas, which could probably knock the US out in a single strike.

But even if the US could fight back/maintain a Nuclear deterrent, then its still in the US's interest to maintain peaceful and non antagonistic relations with Atlantis. Atlantis could probably argue for a seat on the Security council - there are already talks of enlarging the P5, so it could gain support from other nations who want to see the UNSC updated. Then you have other nations to consider too. Diplomacy and war do not exist in a vacuum.

>THE AQUAMAN

Bahaha, that's great.

Hasn't it been only a little while though, how are peopel so quick to believe he's dead and it's a ghost instead of, you know, just surviving

Oh yeah. I think he'll stay in DC
It's a job he wanted for years now

He has Aquaman and in September he is doing a Suicide Squad issue and a few other covers.
Also he does that Harleen fan-comic that I think we'll draw DC to give him another comic or something similar.

THE AQUASPECTER

It was always going to go monthly soon. Sales were getting to that point.

Green Arrow is probably next to be downgraded.

I'm this He posted those two on his Facebook like 10 hours ago. It's the Suicide Squad issues I think.

And Katana

Can anyone give me a tldr; on what happened before this?

m-m-mommy

Read the previous issues. They're good.

He did next week's suicide squad issue.

>That look

DON'T DO IT ARTHUR

MERA IS THE PERFECT WAIFU YOU FOOL

Oh nice.

that's what I'm saying, he can talk most of the time

the biggest tl;dr is that Aquaman got a vote of no confidence from his royal council, tried to go to land to regroup but got shanked by Murk and fell down
also Vulko is an Arthur supporter who was in jail because he masterminded the war with Orm and I think hired a Black Manta hit to strengthen Arthur's legitimacy

is this vulko the same guy in johns' justice league?