12-year-olds according to Alex Hirsch

>"12-year-olds shouldn't focus on romance"
>makes a cartoon with two 12-year-old main characters that basically revolves around it, and features it more than many "adult" shows!
Why is this hypocrisy allowed?

I know you're baiting, OP, but you're ignoring the fact that going after romance always ended up blowing up in Dipper/Mabel's faces and only resulted in unhappiness.

Hypocrisy and bullshit are 2 different things. He just said that because "Dipper isn't allowed to have any relationship beyond his sister" would've sounded incesty.

whats wrong about romancing 12 year olds?

you gonna trigger all that virgins who watch cartoons

Also my first relationship was when i was 16, still virgin though

So are we gonna post ship-pics or what?

>"Dipper isn't allowed to have any relationship beyond his sister"

Shhh, you're going to trigger all the shipfags who want to self insert because no rich pretty blonde ever wanted them while they we're in school.

Something something Ben 10

>ship pics

Sure

Pacificafag plz go

the greatest love story ever told

>makes a cartoon with two 12-year-old main characters that basically revolves around it

Wrong.

>Basically revolves around the fact that he should rather focus on his childhood, because it all ended up being a waste of time. Basicaly

Sup Forums as always just teaches you that fanbase are dumb as fuck.

how old now?

30, not very proud of saying this ...

Sorry but a show like Gravity Falls has very on the nose morals.
The fact that there isn't a single plotline which explicitly states that child romance is superfluous and they should focus on childhood means that Hirsch clearly did not prioritise or incorporate that well enough.
Mermando's episode glorified the romance. Puppet guy's episode showed that family should come first. Gideon showed that you should be honest with your feelings. First episode barely even had a moral since it was setting up for the series.
Couldn't they have had one episode where Dipper/Mabel were putting all their effort into chasing others while they were missing the summer around them?
How about the road trip where Dipper's practicing flirting - wouldn't that make a more poignant moral than "don't flirt with four girls at once in case they all bump into you at the same time"?
TL;DR Hirsch failed to clearly present relationships overall as meaningless for children, therefore seems inconsistent with the morals of his show

>being 30
>still on Sup Forums
>tfw I make fun of old fags on Sup Forums now but I'm still gonna be here in 10 years if it hasn't shit the bed yet

Dude 11 year olds make out these days.

Good luck in life user

>TL;DR Hirsch failed to clearly present relationships overall as meaningless for children
Well what did you expect? That's ridiculous in the first place!

it's ok, i have get to 3rd base by now, i lurk Sup Forums for leaks and obscure incoming media, i have a lot of physical hobbies though

The worst example was Summerween. Dipper genuinely wasn't interested in going trick-or-treating for maybe the tenth time and wanted to spend time around Wendy. Doing the former anyway doesn't seem like valuing childhood, it just seems like appeasing Mable.

It's true that Dipper never had a chance with Wendy but that doesn't mean him responding to the existing fact of his attraction to her is meaningless. This is valuing childhood but fetishizing it.

If you have not lost your virginity by the age of twelve, you will die alone

you may as well slit your throat right now

This quote makes me think that Alex Hirsch has never interacted with a 12 year old in his entire life.

12 year olds in relationships are silly. Unless you attend some shitty intercity school, the most you do is kiss and ride around in your mom's minivan.

>12-year olds shouldn't focus on romance
>MFW my first romantic relationship was when I was 8